Ever played a putting course?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not talking mini golf with astroturf and ridiculous obstacles. I'm talking about an actual putting course with real grass with par of 54!? I've never actually heard of such a thing but last weekend at a small Michigan gathering the second course we played had what they call a "putting course". I wish I would have taken a photo or two, but it looked like a ton of fun. At the time it was packed with families and adults, some even carrying coolers and such. I bet THPers would have a blast doing something like this as an after round or night time activity especially if you can bring coolers haha.

[FONT=&quot]From their website: Only a handful of natural grass putting courses exist in the United States. One of only three in Michigan, this par 54 bentgrass putting course features undulating greens winding through picturesque landscaping. Always immaculately groomed, the variety of hole layouts provides a challenge for the beginner or expert. Families, couples, seniors… this unique putting experience provides fun for everyone."[/FONT]

No. First time hearing of such a thing. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I never have. I have seen them though. Sounds like it would be fun.

Not for sure if it is a “course “ but pinehurst 2 has a neat and challenging 18 hole layout in their massive putting green. I have played it in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never played on one, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

I played one down at the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine, Florida during a golf trip my dad and I took. From what I remember we just had a spot to place the ball, like a normal mini golf hole, but there weren't any obstacles. It was a lot of fun from what I remember (4+ years ago), but still stings that my dad won so I bought dinner that night haha! Highly recommend if anyone is ever in the area. The tour is amazing, and they have a few really great courses you can put together for a package deal.

Nope, haven't played one. A local course has one, not sure I'd ever use it but maybe.

I'll be playing one in January at some place called Bandon Dunes. Looking forward to it....

Pinehurst has one called "thistledu"

I've never heard of one before but I would love to play on one.

I'm not talking mini golf with astroturf and ridiculous obstacles. I'm talking about an actual putting course with real grass with par of 54!? I've never actually heard of such a thing but last weekend at a small Michigan gathering the second course we played had what they call a "putting course". I wish I would have taken a photo or two, but it looked like a ton of fun. At the time it was packed with families and adults, some even carrying coolers and such. I bet THPers would have a blast doing something like this as an after round or night time activity especially if you can bring coolers haha.

[FONT=""]From their website: Only a handful of natural grass putting courses exist in the United States. One of only three in Michigan, this par 54 bentgrass putting course features undulating greens winding through picturesque landscaping. Always immaculately groomed, the variety of hole layouts provides a challenge for the beginner or expert. Families, couples, seniors… this unique putting experience provides fun for everyone."[/FONT]

Bucks Run has a putting course on an island. I've played putting courses (Hammock Beach Resort) but it wasn't with a putter! :alien:

Bucks Run has a putting course on an island. I've played putting courses (Hammock Beach Resort) but it wasn't with a putter! :alien:

There was a putting course at Hammock Beach?

I haven't hear of that before, but it sounds pretty awesome.

From their website: Only a handful of natural grass putting courses exist in the United States. One of only three in Michigan, this par 54 bentgrass putting course features undulating greens winding through picturesque landscaping. Always immaculately groomed, the variety of hole layouts provides a challenge for the beginner or expert. Families, couples, seniors… this unique putting experience provides fun for everyone."

That looked like so much fun. I've played the ones at Bandon and Streamsong, which are a ton of fun, but this was different. These were individual holes like mini golf (not just one huge green with different pins how Bandon and Streamsong are). Had we not played 36 that day, I absolutely would have played that after our round.

That looked like so much fun. I've played the ones at Bandon and Streamsong, which are a ton of fun, but this was different. These were individual holes like mini golf (not just one huge green with different pins how Bandon and Streamsong are). Had we not played 36 that day, I absolutely would have played that after our round.

I would have totally played that if it wasn't so busy. Plus I wouldn't have had to worry about hitting any off the hosel with the putter :alien: PLUS a course like this would be the only acceptable time to use your own putter on a mini golf course

[FONT=&quot]From their website: Only a handful of natural grass putting courses exist in the United States. One of only three in Michigan, this par 54 bentgrass putting course features undulating greens winding through picturesque landscaping. Always immaculately groomed, the variety of hole layouts provides a challenge for the beginner or expert. Families, couples, seniors… this unique putting experience provides fun for everyone."[/FONT]

Yes Hammock - and I was in contention to win but crumpled down the stretch like a Rickie Fowler

There was a putting course at Hammock Beach?

Dude you were JUST there!

Absolutely! With a great view of the red hatter dance party that was going on.

OMG - the best time with DRIVERS! And #Keenan showed - better late than never haha

321dc8aad230516101055c9fc9dc7b6e.jpg

74e1f5f06cd88048312ad3eb95971e85.jpg

397d80f49a6769bf69e2203d8d497410.jpg

Was it the one at Journeyman? I've done that one a couple times. Always fun.

https://www.journeymandistillery.com/welters-folly-putting-green/

20180519-WeltersFolly-1.jpg

Also my home course has a crazy good practice green that brad faxon designed.

It has 18 holes as it was designed as a putting course, but people rarely use it as such.

Nope, I haven't but would definitely check it out if the price was right!

Never heard of it. like fun though.

I was on work assignment in London during 2001 and took the opportunity to visit St. Andrews during the summer. My nephew was a pretty avid golfer so we played a round on the new course (an experience to be sure). After the round, my son (who was 8 at the time and not able to play with my nephew and me) and I played the Himalaya putting course. Even though it was not the "real" thing my son was so excited to play a round of golf at St. Andrews with his father. Something I will never forget!

That would be fun! I would go if they had one in North TX. I need to practice my creative cursing when I miss a putt!

Back