Super Stroke Traxion Claw

This one is right up my ally. This grip saved my golf life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would not use it as a claw grip, but the shape of it on the sides isn't half bad and would give it a look as a traditional style grip

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I currently use the Pistol 2.0. The sides are rounded and not flat. However they aren't rounded so much that you couldn't claw if you needed to do it. The taper on the curve isn't so rounded that it does sort of feel flat.

The old claw grip they had was my favorite grip. I’ll have to give this one a try.

It appears from an email I received from them these went on sale today.

My Secret Santa sent me one that I got today. Really digging how this looks and feels. Now just have to figure out what putter to put it on.

1dfe306fa4579a10cb0598f9062ea704.jpg

fd3568ab6863a56e179c325b2ed937c8.jpg

43f29341dbd54b075cefa56d37de8b51.jpg

My poor old German Shepherd was obviously not as excited as I was!

I ended up putting this on my old Scotty Pro Platinum Laguna that I used to play all the time. The grip feels great and looks amazing. I have had a ton of people comment on it and played yesterday with a guy who does not even put with a claw style grip and he was talking about wanting one himself haha. Its too early to tell if it has impacted my putting but I don't think it has hurt it by any means. The greens here are really weird right now because of the crazy weather. The lower lying ones are really slow and soft, the flatter lying ones are a bit slower and softer then normal and the elevated greens that drain well are firmer and faster. Its very difficult to get a feel for speed which of course makes a big impact. I do feel like my putting is right in line with what it has been but the greens are affecting the results of course. The change in putter is also a bit different of course as I have not played this one in well over a year. A little more time should give me a better idea but I do seem to find it is much easier for me to relax my right hand even more then I already did and the reason I switched to claw grip was because of my right hand taking over.

In for review!!!

4e077069b1d6485d4b21b490cb412c53.jpg

085030c63a4e441a3fe0da7b30159477.jpg

318ab76a58ea786933c57f74c3bcb03e.jpg

86570c64cdcc2b315e4207554cf96143.jpg

43c39888a088256272dc250fcbc6c3a0.jpg

Installed it onto the SeeMore M5 Proto and took jury right to the course, thoughts tonight.

And yes, I’m going to putt with the claw!

Let’s get it!

Shape looks similar to the gtr pistol to me.

Shape looks similar to the gtr pistol to me.

At the top/butt I agree, down low though it’s very rectangular.

At the top/butt I agree, down low though it’s very rectangular.

This is why I make comments to you sir! Thanks for that.

1) Yes, I used the claw ALL round with this and will continue to do so through the review despite me not being a claw putter.

2) I shot 71 (-1) today using the claw for the first time on the course with 4 birdies.

3) It feels a lot like a SS putter grip, shocking, I know. Same texture/feel though, which isn't said to be a negative or a positive from me really, its just for clarity.

4) WHITE PUTTER GRIPS ARE A BAD IDEA TO ANYONE WHO GOLFS MORE THAN ONCE IN A BLUE MOON! Yes, I'm yelling that. While the white looks cool, and it really 'pops', it also is already getting dirty with one round of 18 holes on it and no practice sessions yet even.

5) The ridge on the back of SS putter grips is something I have always liked because it give immediate feedback to grip position, I think that is a critical thing for golfers, as a coach I see a LOT of kids who's grips change as the round goes, thats a killer of consistency.

6) Pistol at the top, rectangular at the bottom, a pretty deft combo for this grip and it should make it versatile for the 1,245,652 different claw variations there are out there.

Little evening bump.

Fun fact?

I’ve played 5 rounds with this one already, in two days, yes I have a problem.

More interesting fact?

I’ve never used the claw on the course before this.

Crazy fact?

Putt totals for the rounds: 30, 28, 29, 31, 30

The feel here is what you expect in a SS grip, and the hotter it gets outside the better/softer it feels in hand. The shape though is killer for using any variation of the claw/pencil grip, the rectangle lower hand is ideal, and the pistol upper hand lets me really lock in, which is a big deal for someone who’s never truly tried to use this grip style on course.

But, the white is again just silly to me. 5 rounds in and the dirt is starting to show.

bbd2e923d0ecbbedc798572d7c7e71c5.jpg

a82023cee6095f060404e83c6cc8ce74.jpg

dc5344f077ffc794def9dde5d42c85d2.jpg

Sooooooooo, no buzz on this one? Is it because of the shape/claw aspect? Genuinely curious!

I put one of these on my stroke lab a few months ago solely because it was in the correct weight range to keep the balance and I thought it looked cool.

After playing it for a while now it’s probably my favorite putter grip I’ve ever played. The pistol shape is perfect and the material is a really great mix of softness and tackiness. I’ve been meaning to snag a couple more just in case they end up disappearing.

27 putts today.....

What the hell is happening.

I had one put on about 2 weeks ago. I hate the white. It looks classy but isn’t practical to those of us with OCD about things looking dirty. The texture is great in hand. I do worry about the durability as some of Superstrokes offerings have not been good lately. It has taken a couple of rounds to get used to, but I am really starting to notice a difference in the way I feel a putt now while using the claw grip. I have a Ping Sigma 2 Tyne and the claw grip just never felt right with the stock grip that Ping offered. My just of speed on putts from 30” and in have been outstanding. Outside of 30 has been a little hit and miss and I think that is more due to the claw grip than the putter grip itself. Just wish they had it in a darker color.

I had one put on about 2 weeks ago. I hate the white. It looks classy but isn’t practical to those of us with OCD about things looking dirty. The texture is great in hand. I do worry about the durability as some of Superstrokes offerings have not been good lately. It has taken a couple of rounds to get used to, but I am really starting to notice a difference in the way I feel a putt now while using the claw grip. I have a Ping Sigma 2 Tyne and the claw grip just never felt right with the stock grip that Ping offered. My just of speed on putts from 30” and in have been outstanding. Outside of 30 has been a little hit and miss and I think that is more due to the claw grip than the putter grip itself. Just wish they had it in a darker color.

Say it with me....

AN ALL/ALMOST-ALL WHITE PUTTER GRIP IS NOT A GREAT IDEA LONG TERM!

Mine three days and 6 rounds in is quite...tan...looking with dust and dirt. Going to take the magic eraser to it tonight and see how it goes.

This testing continues another round today. More claw time and I’m sure my mind being broken more. Hahaha

Echo.......

Talking to myself on it again, but 28 putts today with the claw setup. I don’t comprehend it, but I do comprehend the grip.

Going to remain a broken record first, WHY white? WHY? Even the butt cap? Looks amazing installed and out of package, but with time and play it just looks grody. I’m never overly critical, but this was a significant miss imo.

It’s a shame really because the shape is killer for the Claw grip, the lower hand portion it pretty much perfect for the style, and to my knowledge it’s the only putter grip out there focused on the claw style.

Wear is as expected with a SS grip, most around the butt cap, some scuffing down the side where it goes in and out of the bag.

Still haven’t magic erasered it, will get on that this weekend.

Grip looks great but the concern about white looking grody quickly is very valid. Would bug me ... but less so if I'm dropping more putts of course.

Still, the grip intrigues me although your results with the claw style intrigue me more, which in turn increases my curiosity about the grip.

You're at like 29 putts a round with this new setup and style, Jman. What do you usually average?

Grip looks great but the concern about white looking grody quickly is very valid. Would bug me ... but less so if I'm dropping more putts of course.

Still, the grip intrigues me although your results with the claw style intrigue me more, which in turn increases my curiosity about the grip.

You're at like 29 putts a round with this new setup and style, Jman. What do you usually average?

26 today with a 71..... good grief.

I’m usually a 30-range guy. It’s not wildly different numbers wise, other than I’ve never used the claw before this.

Contemplating messing with it longer term.

I know soooooommmmmmmeeeeoooooonnnneeee has to be curious about the Claw grip design by SS in the Traxion line, so here is a bump.

Sooooooooo, no buzz on this one? Is it because of the shape/claw aspect? Genuinely curious!

I'd be tempted to try it but I'd like to hold it side by side with my Pistol GT 2.0 to see if there is a huge difference. I'm not a dedicated claw user but have dabbled with my current grip so I'm curious how much of a difference it can actually make.

Back