Super Stroke Traxion Claw

I'd be tempted to try it but I'd like to hold it side by side with my Pistol GT 2.0 to see if there is a huge difference. I'm not a dedicated claw user but have dabbled with my current grip so I'm curious how much of a difference it can actually make.

Definitely a big difference in the bottom half of the grip, very rectangular as opposed the the Pistol GTR which keeps the same pistol shape top to bottom.

Definitely a big difference in the bottom half of the grip, very rectangular as opposed the the Pistol GTR which keeps the same pistol shape top to bottom.

Do you feel that shape make a big difference to you when doing the claw? Additionally, have you tried using a standard grip with it to see if it feels weird? I'd be open to experimenting more with the claw to see if it helps me but I'd hate to have to completely regrip if the experiment doesn't work.

Echo.......

Talking to myself on it again, but 28 putts today with the claw setup. I don’t comprehend it, but I do comprehend the grip.

Going to remain a broken record first, WHY white? WHY? Even the butt cap? Looks amazing installed and out of package, but with time and play it just looks grody. I’m never overly critical, but this was a significant miss imo.

It’s a shame really because the shape is killer for the Claw grip, the lower hand portion it pretty much perfect for the style, and to my knowledge it’s the only putter grip out there focused on the claw style.

Wear is as expected with a SS grip, most around the butt cap, some scuffing down the side where it goes in and out of the bag.

Still haven’t magic erasered it, will get on that this weekend.

I tried several SS strokes a few seasons ago after all the hype. All of them felt like marshmallows (no sense of feel whatsoever) and like you say they looked grotty and worn quickly (even the black and white model). No desire to try one again unless they get away from what feels like styrofoam to me. I much prteferred the feel of the Winn AVS pistol. Soft but feedback.

I was disappointed to go into my local GolfTown two days ago to be told the buyers have decided just to stock SS putter grips now (no Winn etc., though I did see a SNSR on display). I'm guessing there were some good $ incentives thrown in for that decision. I didn't see this particular new model on the shelf, we get them later in Canada usually, but I really wasn't looking hard at SS models anyway.

So I went to a small local shop and added a Lamkin Sink Fit Straight grip ( Polyurethane, 60g) for my backup face-balanced putter and it feels great with my claw (saw) grip trying it out. It's the same weight as my Stroke Lab Odyssey (made for by Winn) grip, so if that doesn't work out I might add the Lamkin, even though my SL is a very slight toe-hang.

Last edited:
Do you feel that shape make a big difference to you when doing the claw? Additionally, have you tried using a standard grip with it to see if it feels weird? I'd be open to experimenting more with the claw to see if it helps me but I'd hate to have to completely regrip if the experiment doesn't work.

I did try non claw a bit on the putting green, but it hit me, that for the review that didn’t make much sense since most who buy will be Claw users.

I’ve said it in here a bit earlier, but the lower portion really does imo make it ideal for any variation of the Claw. Not at all to say a standard grip can’t be used with it though, but it’s going to be a very different feel, particularly coming from a full pistol shape.

Echo.......

Talking to myself on it again, but 28 putts today with the claw setup. I don’t comprehend it, but I do comprehend the grip.

Going to remain a broken record first, WHY white? WHY? Even the butt cap? Looks amazing installed and out of package, but with time and play it just looks grody. I’m never overly critical, but this was a significant miss imo.

It’s a shame really because the shape is killer for the Claw grip, the lower hand portion it pretty much perfect for the style, and to my knowledge it’s the only putter grip out there focused on the claw style.

Wear is as expected with a SS grip, most around the butt cap, some scuffing down the side where it goes in and out of the bag.

Still haven’t magic erasered it, will get on that this weekend.

I have to say, the white grips look so good on the shelf in the store, or on pictures. But man, did the SS grip I put in play last year look gross after a couple weeks. Especially in my preferred 4/6 way bag setup. I wonder if having a cart bag with a putter well keeps it fresh longer.

The claw grip isn’t something I’ve really tried other than messing around, and maybe it’s worth a shot. I think it’s a really cool idea to make a grip made for that approach.

I have to say, the white grips look so good on the shelf in the store, or on pictures. But man, did the SS grip I put in play last year look gross after a couple weeks. Especially in my preferred 4/6 way bag setup. I wonder if having a cart bag with a putter well keeps it fresh longer.

The claw grip isn’t something I’ve really tried other than messing around, and maybe it’s worth a shot. I think it’s a really cool idea to make a grip made for that approach.

It’s such a horrendously bad idea imo, White on the grip that is handled the most in a round with one hand coming out of a grody glove and directly onto the grip.

Too much focus on making it stand out, and not enough on the fact that it’ll look beige or brown in time.

Little experiment today, played 9 with my normal gamer, while using a claw grip, and then 9 with my SpiderX and standard SS grip on it, while also using the claw. Then followed up with 9 more using the claw and this grip. My goal was to see what was the shape being good for the grip style, and what was just the grip style bringing success.

I rolled it well enough all day, but I’m comfortable now saying there IS a legitimate difference when using this grip. The bottom hand shape really is pretty ideal for it. Color me impressed.

But man, the grip is more tan than white now. Ugh.

Little experiment today, played 9 with my normal gamer, while using a claw grip, and then 9 with my SpiderX and standard SS grip on it, while also using the claw. Then followed up with 9 more using the claw and this grip. My goal was to see what was the shape being good for the grip style, and what was just the grip style bringing success.

I rolled it well enough all day, but I’m comfortable now saying there IS a legitimate difference when using this grip. The bottom hand shape really is pretty ideal for it. Color me impressed.

But man, the grip is more tan than white now. Ugh.

Long time lurker but this thread made me finally join and comment.

I've been dabbling in the claw grip on my putting green at home. I currently game a standard reverse overlap grip but I tend to miss right. The claw seems to give me some added control direction wise and I came across this thread when looking for reviews on the Claw traction grip.

I'm convinced to go and try it. Thanx

Long time lurker but this thread made me finally join and comment.

I've been dabbling in the claw grip on my putting green at home. I currently game a standard reverse overlap grip but I tend to miss right. The claw seems to give me some added control direction wise and I came across this thread when looking for reviews on the Claw traction grip.

I'm convinced to go and try it. Thanx

Really appreciate the kind words, and most importantly, welcome to THP! Hope you enjoy it here and update us with how it goes!

I sort of want to go to a golf store while in FL and get another of these to put on my Swag.

I sort of want to go to a golf store while in FL and get another of these to put on my Swag.

Im game for a store stop while down here.

Back