Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled on this site and am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge. I am pondering a new cart bag, my old Ogio is looking worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome!! And the fact your first post is in the Equipment Pondering thread, Yep you'll fit in just fine here!!

I dont recall you missing much with your Fairways? You were striping yours.

looking for an easy to hit 215-225 club. fw can get me in trouble. 4h is 210 if I nuke it. so I have a gap there. I'm testing a 3h but so far not getting along. today was abnormally consistent with fw.

looking for an easy to hit 215-225 club. fw can get me in trouble. 4h is 210 if I nuke it. so I have a gap there. I'm testing a 3h but so far not getting along. today was abnormally consistent with fw.

Go test an Apex hybrid, the 5 was legit. I may look into a 4 as well.

Get after it buddy. They look really good.

Woods:

3f96ed7de9f9654c20f4ee18732ec002.jpg

Putter:

13783fdb9a715c91b24b76de4d8f3ac1.jpg

Or

7a8bc375d7661b8702acb1598cfc009a.jpg

They look really nice price is not awful for what you get either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah to be honest I thought they were pricier. Pretty fairly priced. Keep reading that they're great quality as well

Yeah to be honest I thought they were pricier. Pretty fairly priced. Keep reading that they're great quality as well

Its a phenomenal product and a great company.

XR 16 FW, either 3 or 4 w. And a travel bag. Maybe club glove burst proof.

Looking for an easy to hit and high flight fairway wood. My current FW (Nike Covert 2.0 tour 3W in 17*) I can hit great on a mat/monitor but crap off the deck on course. Have heard good things about the V series but would love another option, especially if older/cheaper. I've never really found a FW that I've hit consistently for the long haul, so I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking for an easy to hit and high flight fairway wood. My current FW (Nike Covert 2.0 tour 3W in 17*) I can hit great on a mat/monitor but crap off the deck on course. Have heard good things about the V series but would love another option, especially if older/cheaper. I've never really found a FW that I've hit consistently for the long haul, so I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The V series does sound like what you're looking for. The Bobby Jones Black or the Tight Lies (which can be had for almost nothing) might be good ones to look at as well.

Keep an eye out for fairway/hybrid sales at Callaway Preowned. I think I got two of them for $150 or something, and that was last year.

Pondering a simple to use GPS watch...all I really am looking for is distance to front, middle, and back of green and maybe hazards. Been looking at the Bushnell Neo XS or maybe a Garmin S2. I just purchased a Bushnell Tour X but also wanted something simple that will give me F-M-B info. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Pondering a simple to use GPS watch...all I really am looking for is distance to front, middle, and back of green and maybe hazards. Been looking at the Bushnell Neo XS or maybe a Garmin S2. I just purchased a Bushnell Tour X but also wanted something simple that will give me F-M-B info. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

I have a Tom TOm. Not the simplest but I wanted more features. If you want simplest I think it's tough to beat the Neo XS. I did ALOT of research when I bought mine.

DSC_0023-XL.jpg

Wow!!!! Shaft bands and grips look like a match made in heaven. Man I love those grips. Those the same ones you did the spotlight on?

Wow!!!! Shaft bands and grips look like a match made in heaven. Man I love those grips. Those the same ones you did the spotlight on?

Same grips yeah, I figured I'd throw the shaft pic up in here too since this thread gets more traffic than that sub-forum lol

Same grips yeah, I figured I'd throw the shaft pic up in here too since this thread gets more traffic than that sub-forum lol

I remember those grips pulling the white off the gloves they were so tacky! I can get down with that look!

Woods:

3f96ed7de9f9654c20f4ee18732ec002.jpg

Putter:

13783fdb9a715c91b24b76de4d8f3ac1.jpg

Or

7a8bc375d7661b8702acb1598cfc009a.jpg

Seems like an extremely good compliment to the bag design you went with X.Man.

It's made me ponder the company quite a bit after following them on instagram.

Im pondering lots of things, unfortunately.

Stoked that Cookie is sending a Heavenwood my way for a try out for the bag, that takes care of one of the ponders.

Yes! That sounds awesome.

Will be following along intently.

It'll be fun to get the X cracking in those irons. Going to go put the S+ in the F5's.

Im pondering lots of things, unfortunately.

Stoked that Cookie is sending a Heavenwood my way for a try out for the bag, that takes care of one of the ponders.

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike?

C200's.

XR16.

And?

Driver is bueno.
3W is solid, love it as an option off the tee, RARELY hit it off the deck.

Hybos will be gone, need replacement, going to go back to high lofted FWs, as my game was at it's peak with that setup.

Irons- So many options, but I have hit so few of the new offerings. That will be a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back