Super Stroke Traxion Claw

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A grip specifically for claw grip styles? Super Stroke has a new one coming soon and here is a first look.

Unique design that incorporates a pistol top hand profile with three flat sides in the bottom hand for increased surface area to facilitate a “claw” style putting grip. The CLAW helps to create a more vertical locked feeling at address by aligning the upper wrist with the putter while reducing wrist action in the bottom. Neutralizing wrist action helps to activate the larger shoulder muscles during the stroke to improve consistency of squaring the putter face at impact and starting the ball on line.

DSC_0990-L.jpg

DSC_0995-L.jpg

DSC_0975-L.jpg

Hmmm. Looks like a pistol grip, no? I’m a claw putter so it’s intriguing but not sure I “need” a specific grip for it or not. Might try it out!.........ok I’ll take one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just kind of looks like a normal pistol grip to me.

I really don't think I've seen anyone outside of Phil use a claw.. I wonder if it's versatile enough for people who switch between claw and other grips

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Admin
Just kind of looks like a normal pistol grip to me.

The pattern on the material and where it is is different to me. I also don't recall the pistol being as flat on the sides. Im not a pistol user however.

I've been working on transitioning to a claw grip. Can't hurt to try it.

Interesting, I think if it helps people who use a claw grip, great offering by SS

I'm intrigued by this. Never tried the claw grip during an actual round but have tried at home and it's always felt off to me, but each of my putters all have different grips so the feeling isn't the same each time. This grip could help make that feel more natural. Be keeping an eye on this one.

Is that a counter core plug in the top or just a design?

The pattern on the material and where it is is different to me. I also don't recall the pistol being as flat on the sides. Im not a pistol user however.
That's true. Never have used their Pistol GTR grip but I have to assume it has rounder sides all the way down to the bottom since they are coming out with this one.

Is that a counter core plug in the top or just a design?

It is called a Tech Port plug from Super Stroke, so you can use Counter Core if you would like.

That's true. Never have used their Pistol GTR grip but I have to assume it has rounder sides all the way down to the bottom since they are coming out with this one.

The sides of this are incredibly intriguing to me, even as a traditional putter.

I recently changed from the Tour SNSR 140 Contour to the SS CounterCore GT 2.0 and love it. The Traxion certainly has my attention, of course the reason why this grip came out is because I got the GT 2.0 three weeks ago lol

Yea the pattern is different but really looks like a pistol grip over all. I am gonna have to look at my putter with the pistol grip on it now when I get home lol

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I really like the looks of it and I like a pistol grip but I putt left hand low
I really don't think I've seen anyone outside of Phil use a claw.. I wonder if it's versatile enough for people who switch between claw and other grips

@Lions81 this is right up your alley

Can't help but think that end cap is going to get FILTHY.

That said, kudos to them for getting this option out there, they've had some versions on tour and such for a minute now, nice to see this make its way to the masses.

Good to see them offer this. I’ve never seen anyone use the claw style in person though. If they have one in a putter in a PGA Superstore I’d like to see what that style feels like. I use a pistol grip on my putter now.

Interesting but I've never felt control while using the claw grip. Superstroke is staying on top of the game but this isn't something that I need

I use a claw grip now and currently a Flatso grip. I like the Flatso quite well for it but I would certainly be open to trying this new offering.

Seems like a combo of the pistol and the SS2R. Which by the way are my two favorite super stroke grips. I don't put with a claw grip, but would probably enjoy this one even as a traditional gripper.

Seems like a combo of the pistol and the SS2R. Which by the way are my two favorite super stroke grips. I don't put with a claw grip, but would probably enjoy this one even as a traditional gripper.
I'm thinking the same thing! Grandaddy grip maybe???? If available that is, lol

Can’t wait to give this one a try. I change to a claw grip this year and it has given me more confidence and relaxed my shaky hands.

@Lions81 this is right up your alley

I'll definitely get one to try out. Although right now I'm contemplating going back to the normal grip. I like to switch things up :alien:

And it's working wonders for him now ... NOT! :act-up:

Interesting. Having just looked at the Pistol grip I put on, the similarities are striking. Love the SuperStroke grips though!

Back