How to Hit a Shank

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm still laughing here

Too good not to have its own thread. Well done.

That was awesome!

That's awesome. And somehow very true.:confused2::dohanim:

He's duplicated my swing to perfection.

Fantastic! though I could have posted my swing last weekend with the same results and had plenty of laughs as well

Ha, that’s pretty funny!

That was great!

Now that is a good time. All fun and games until you come down with the s word.

That's a winner! Nice find.

"Okay, I'm going to release one to make sure I can break 80 this week." Classic.

I've been hitting the old horizontal hosel rocket more frequently lately. I was actually thinking about trying exactly what he's doing... hit it on purpose to figure it out. I tend to do it with the ball above my feet out of the rough trying to hit a cut. Makes sense after watching this... holding off the release to hit the cut, sliding and staying forward to counter the lie. Probably swinging to hard, too. Now I have a goal for my next range session 10 shanks in a row!

Hahaha, that's awesome.

Funny story: I had the shanks recently for a few rounds, and I was seriously trying to figure out WTF I was doing to cause them and I tried to replicate it in doors with "Almost Golf Balls"! This would have been so useful! LOL

Lol! The last round I played with him my 13 year old, who almost always makes very good contact, he had a case of the hosel rockets for the first time. By hole 12 he was in tears and begging me to tell him what he was doing wrong. I'll have to show him this video, lol.

It is hard to write when your trying not to look at the screen for fear of picking up bad mojo from the S word.

That looked all too familiar!! lol

Well done!!

Wow, that is so good!

I hit one of those yesterday, instead of being frustrated by it, I thought of this video and laughed.

Back