New beginner..... two sets of clubs. Which to keep?

FFgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Brand new to golf. Ive played 3-4 times and been to the range two or three more and am absolutely hooked. While scouring the local listings I purchased two sets of clubs and got them both at what all my buddies call a steal. I have a set of Ping Eye 2 blue dot 2-9 irons plus all wedges and a set of 4-9 plus all wedges of Adams RPM irons. Being brand new, I don't know which set would serve me best and which one would be a solid set of clubs to grow with my level of experience. I'm on a very tight monthly budget, so if they're about equal in quality, which one would I get the most out of? Thanks in advance1

I would recommend the Ping irons - they're blue which is .75 upright, but Ping is still in business, so if you get checked on a lie board and you need a different color code, you can send the irons in and have ping adjust them and change the dot for you.

Brand new to golf. Ive played 3-4 times and been to the range two or three more and am absolutely hooked. While scouring the local listings I purchased two sets of clubs and got them both at what all my buddies call a steal. I have a set of Ping Eye 2 blue dot 2-9 irons plus all wedges and a set of 4-9 plus all wedges of Adams RPM irons. Being brand new, I don't know which set would serve me best and which one would be a solid set of clubs to grow with my level of experience. I'm on a very tight monthly budget, so if they're about equal in quality, which one would I get the most out of? Thanks in advance1

Welcome to THP and the game of golf! I am unfamiliar with both sets, but just be aware that the longer irons in each set, think 2-6 and 4-6, might be pretty hard to hit for a while as you find your swing.

PING !

Welcome to THP. Keep the Pings.

I'd keep the Pings if you can stand the sight of all that offset. They should serve you well for a long time.

I would recommend the Ping irons - they're blue which is .75 upright, but Ping is still in business, so if you get checked on a lie board and you need a different color code, you can send the irons in and have ping adjust them and change the dot for you.

Blue Eye 2's should be 1° upright.

Thank you all so much for the replies! Is there any need to worry about the durability Or integrity of the clubs being 20 years old? Just worried about if I start playing in the break I’m I going to be pouring good money into clubs that may not be worth it?

I suggest keeping the Pings. They are classic. Although I’m not sure that short term that the others might be easier to hit. Long term the Pings are great and as you grow and want something with newer technology another set of Pings will be familiar

I’d play whichever set works better for you. If it’s the Pings, I’d get rid of the Adams. If the Adams clubs work better I’d still keep the Pings, but that’s just because I’ve always wanted a set of those.

Compare them and see what set produces the best results for you. Then sell the other set and buy yourself something else that can help you with your game

Back