TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

In terms of forgiveness, would anyone here recommend the R15 over the M1? Or will the M1 be worth the investment for at least 2 years?

in terms of forgiveness, skip the R15.

I had better results with the M1 than the R15, though I wouldn't consider either of them on the super-forgiving end.

I had better results with the M1 than the R15, though I wouldn't consider either of them on the super-forgiving end.

This is where I stand as well. Skip the R15 go to the M1. That said it is not the most forgiving driver on the market and it is not for everyone. It has a good bit of forgiveness but does not stand up to the GBB, G30 etc in terms of forgiveness (dont think that is what they were going for with this one). That said it has been one of the best drivers for my game that I have put in the bag in a few years. It is not the longest thing I have played but it is right up there and my driving while still a bit wild is much more consistent than the last few years.

This is where I stand as well. Skip the R15 go to the M1. That said it is not the most forgiving driver on the market and it is not for everyone. It has a good bit of forgiveness but does not stand up to the GBB, G30 etc in terms of forgiveness (dont think that is what they were going for with this one). That said it has been one of the best drivers for my game that I have put in the bag in a few years. It is not the longest thing I have played but it is right up there and my driving while still a bit wild is much more consistent than the last few years.

That's exactly my take. I've got the Vapor Pro in my bag right now, and to me that's seemed pretty good comparison - I actually picked up the Vapor Pro the day I demoed the M1. A bit more forgiving than I expected, but there are more forgiving options out there.

Has anyone come across replacement weights?

Check taylormade' website I am sure they are listed on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tested around 100 balls at the range, forgiveness definitely is higher than my Nike Covert 2.0, length was average 1.5 yards longer (SC200)

Didn't need to tinker the back slide weight, just left it furthest back and liked the launch angle, moved 3 ticks toward draw since when I tested more toward draw it started to inch into hooking territory.

Overall I like the club, I did hit the ball on the crown pop up once but it did not dent like some are reporting, ~93-95mph swing speed.

bonus, wife bought me a headcover for bday
IMG_20160111_163820.jpg

So i got some additional weights today. Have no idea what this will do but will head down to the range to test.

1b181d6754ae2b428edb3a51bef0f633.jpg

So i got some additional weights today. Have no idea what this will do but will head down to the range to test.

Can't wait to see the results. Super intrigued

Looking forward to your thoughts on the test.

Where were you able to find additional weights for sale? I've considered replacing the 10 with a 15 to raise the swingweight up a touch.

Where were you able to find additional weights for sale? I've considered replacing the 10 with a 15 to raise the swingweight up a touch.
Shot an email to TM and they sent me the set at no charge. Gotta love that.

I've got a R11S that needs replacing.
In terms of forgiveness, is the M1 about the same forgiveness or more than the R11S? Anyone know?

I've got a R11S that needs replacing.
In terms of forgiveness, is the M1 about the same forgiveness or more than the R11S? Anyone know?

I think they are.
Although I also think the M1 is a better driver.

I think they are.
Although I also think the M1 is a better driver.

That's good to hear!
After reviewing some of the threads on THP, I think the M1, DBD and the GBB are at the top of my list to demo.

I love the looks of the M1 & DBD over the GBB but I did read that the DBD is for highly skilled players that always hit the sweet spot though.
Guess we'll see when I demo them all out

Looking forward to your feedback

That's good to hear!
After reviewing some of the threads on THP, I think the M1, DBD and the GBB are at the top of my list to demo.

I love the looks of the M1 & DBD over the GBB but I did read that the DBD is for highly skilled players that always hit the sweet spot though.
Guess we'll see when I demo them all out

You will love the m1. That is Probly my favorite driver. I would also recommend the new xr and the new cobra drivers.

Has anyone come across replacement weights?
I called TM, they have front track weights of 9 and 19 grams for $19.99 a piece.

I had mine hotmelted instead.

I got fitted into the M1 a couple of weeks ago and after a few range sessions I like it even more.

The club is super long for me, a good 10-15 yards more than any of the other clubs I hit and just as accurate if not more so.

I have had one since it came out. I did not like it all that much until I put a Fujikura SIX shaft in it and now it's clearly the best I've ever had!

I have had one since it came out. I did not like it all that much until I put a Fujikura SIX shaft in it and now it's clearly the best I've ever had!

I got fitted when they came out and the Fujikura Six shaft gave me great numbers in the fitting with on course results to match.

I hit this driver a good amount this weekend and the results dont lie. It was pretty darn forgiving and longer than my gamer. I will be buying this one before my season start. I was hitting the 430 10.5 with pro 60 stiff shaft.

Back