Hypothetical: Peak Performance?

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
A question I posed on Twitter, but would like all your thoughts on this hypothetical question.

If you could never gain another yard in distance with any club you buy, regardless of tech or brand, would you still play the game?

no doubt about it I would

Yeah I’d be fine with that - i’m happy with my distance now

Don’t even need to think twice about it. Not giving up the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. I can live with my distances as of today. If I were to lose significant distance I don't thibk I would continue playing the game. I can;t see myself bunting the ball 150 yards off the tee and taking two more just to get to every par 4.

I would be ok with it, it's the accuracy part that I lack consistency with.

Sure. I can live with my distances as of today. If I were to lose significant distance I don't thibk I would continue playing the game. I can;t see myself bunting the ball 150 yards off the tee and taking two more just to get to every par 4.

Would you still play if it meant you had to play from the forward-most tees?

They will bury me on a golf course somewhere. So yes

Yes I would and already do. I’m playing golf equipment that had allowed me to maintain the distances I had when I was younger with more control.

abso-freaking-lutely. and i'll go one further on you: if you told me i would never gain another yard regardless of what i buy or get fit for, i'd still buy and get fit.

I'm in. Distance is overrated. I'd give up 10% of my distance now if I could be consistent enough to hit my clubs into a circle with a 3 yard radius ever time I swing.

Without a doubt. Have been going through that for the past 7 or 8 years already and it has not stopped me from buying or playing.

Would you still play if it meant you had to play from the forward-most tees?

I already play the forward tees hahaha - but yes, I’d still play. It’s a skill that you learn over time. What I lack is accuracy, not distance, and that’s me with my 160 yard driver average.

yes for sure

I usually don't buy a new club because it will "gain x yards" I just decide I want to try something different and make a purchase. I'd keep playing for sure

Yup, I've never been concerned with distance, golf is all about accuracy for amateurs IMO.

Yes without a doubt.

Distance never bothered me before, why should it bother me now? Of course I'm still playing!!

You only mention distance. I'm fine with my distance but if they can help minimize my miss that is where the value is. I could play my current set of clubs and current balls for another 30 years and still be in love with this game. New equipment is nice but it's not why I play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, my problems are not distance related. At least not the problems holding me back.

Yes without question .

A question I posed on Twitter, but would like all your thoughts on this hypothetical question.

If you could never gain another yard in distance with any club you buy, regardless of tech or brand, would you still play the game?

Sooner or later, with age you're all gonna lose yardage, if you live long enough.

Absolutely would...I sort of love this question: it's like the perfect anti-marketing pondering. :D

Back