League last night went well.

219-258-247 = 724

Best series of the year and only 2 weeks left.

NICE Drumdog! Way to go!

Thanks. It really is nice bowling with modern equipment. The 2 balls I am using as of a month ago replaced a 14 yr old ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It really is nice bowling with modern equipment. The 2 balls I am using as of a month ago replaced a 14 yr old ball.

Just like golf stuff, the cores in those balls and the covers have come a LONG ways haha. I can imagine the difference you're seeing.

Well we won the whole league last night. No thanks to me but we got the win and that's all that matters. Now we get to play in the 9-pin no tap and have some fun.

I didn't bowl as well as I wanted to this year and didn't hit my goals but I had a lot of fun and it was great to have that night thru the winter.

Congrats!

We are bowling for for first tonight. I missed last week due to being sick and my team only managed 4 pts out of a possible 30! We have a small cushion, but we are bowling a good friend of mines team and they are a handful. Going to be a battle tonight!

lol One of the balls I'm using Is from high school, which is 20yrs old. But it's my old faithful when nothing seems to be going right. My other ball is probably 10+yrs old. Still managing to average 200. Wonder how I'd play if I got a new ball lol.

Congrats GD on the win!

Time to do some work tonight, Jeremy!

We're only 2 games out of 1st place in my league, so we need to win at least 3 games this week to have a good chance of taking over 1st.

Sometimes I don't understand why I bowl the way I do. lol
Tonight.... 151-225-231: 607

First game: 8 strikes and 3 opens (figure that out).
Second game: missed TWO 7 pin spares.
Third game: opened in the 10th.

And shot: 222-226-205=653

I love bowling again. (Could've, should've been my second straight 700 series, yada-yada).

Absolutely the worst night I can remember. We start our warm up and it obvious there is no oil on the lanes. Nada, zip, zilch.

Everyone was complaining. They get the machine out and oil them "again". We start bowling and the right lane is "ok", but still pretty damn dry. The left lane is basically the same as it was before. I didn't even record a mark on the left lane until midway through the 2nd game.

Ended up 118, 131, 157 for a stellar 406 series. I'm mostly pissed because my goal was to finish the season at a 190 or better average. I was at 189.7 going into last night, and with only a few weeks left in the season, I'll need to finish pretty strong to reach my goal.

My avg dropped 22 pins from an all time high of 197 two years ago. I didn't wanna think it was equipment but I got fed up and made drastic changes.

I got a Radical Ridiculous Asym at 15 lbs. I've only ever used 16 lbs. It's also a dull cover moving from a hybrid coverstock. Last night was a 594. It could've been much better but the spare game with a new ball (wasn't even ready to roll until after practice started) wasn't too good as expected. I'm rejuvenated and hope it lasts. We are in 1st with 4-6 weeks left.

Had a really good series tonight. 211 - 220 - 209 : 640

Well went to a new guy to do my balls last night and after talking with him I went ahead and fit a new ball. Went with a Haywire.

I have state this weekend so hoping I can get it dialed in and ready to do some damage.

Also learned that my spare ball was drilled way off and that's why I've been struggling all year. Gonna get that fixed and all should be right again.

Well went to a new guy to do my balls last night and after talking with him I went ahead and fit a new ball. Went with a Haywire.

I have state this weekend so hoping I can get it dialed in and ready to do some damage.

Also learned that my spare ball was drilled way off and that's why I've been struggling all year. Gonna get that fixed and all should be right again.
Nice choice, think you'll love it. Wild looking ball too

Nice choice, think you'll love it. Wild looking ball too
Yeah it is. I like it though.

The guy said a lot of people have one drilled up and they love it. Should give me that stronger arc I'm looking for without getting to crazy.

Yeah it is. I like it though.

The guy said a lot of people have one drilled up and they love it. Should give me that stronger arc I'm looking for without getting to crazy.
Yeah I see them quite often at my ally, very good ball.

Yeah I see them quite often at my ally, very good ball.
Rolled it today for state and after a lurk life grip tweak and span adjustment last night, I love this ball. Even with the state shot this ball really had a great finish as long as I threw it properly.

Rolled it today for state and after a lurk life grip tweak and span adjustment last night, I love this ball. Even with the state shot this ball really had a great finish as long as I threw it properly.
That's awesome dude. Feels great having something that'll finish after a few games huh?

That's awesome dude. Feels great having something that'll finish after a few games huh?
Yeah it's nice. I love my Hy-road but this will help me get through all the oil to start with and then I'll have some choice as to how I want to throw.

Last week of leagues last night...
First game I start with 9 in a row. First ball in the 10th comes a little light and leaves the 7 pin, which I promptly miss....sigh...269.
Second game, wind is out of my sails due to the 10th in the first and I can't get my head in the game till the 8th frame and finish with 5 in a row for a 179.
Third game is a little better and put the first game failure out of my head and finish with 4 in a row for a 216.

269 + 179 + 216 = 662

I really do like that Storm Lock. It's a beast.

I subbed on a Tuesday league last night. I've subbed four times previously and have a 195 average there. The last two weeks in my Thursday league have been brutal. From overly dry lanes and a 406 series to overly oily lanes and a 460~ series. Worst two weeks in a long time for me.

So last night, I go 207, 194, 189 for a 590. Nothing outstanding, but slightly over my average and much needed after the last two weeks. I really felt like I shot better than that. I had trouble leaving 10 pins, but did manage to convert 5 out of 7 of them. Very good for me. I only had 3 misses all night. The aforementioned 10 pins and a pocket 7-10 split in the second game.

Season over! Finally!

Ended the season with a bang on doubles night. Shot a 724 and cashed in with two partners. Sadly the sandbaggers won the big money, but it was nice to get a little piece!

Season over! Finally!

Ended the season with a bang on doubles night. Shot a 724 and cashed in with two partners. Sadly the sandbaggers won the big money, but it was nice to get a little piece!

Great finish on the season Jeremy!

I think we have three weeks left. I'll know tonight if we're tied for 1st or in 2nd by one game. It's coming down to the end and we need a strong finish if we're going to have a shot at the title. I've been bowling some of my best games the last two months, so my confidence is high.

I love bowling. Show up last night late and drunk from happy hour and roll a 269 with no practice (dang 9 pin in the first, 10 pin in the seventh!).

Then stopped carrying for a 201 and a 215 for a 685 triple. ANOTHER coulda-woulda-shoulda-700 ish night.

It was position round and we took all four points to win this half.

We have four weeks of high-low and city/county tournaments left, but having surgery on my arm on Monday, so I may be done until the fall. For how crappy my year started (new glasses!), it certainly ended positive.

Back