THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Good to know how things evolve. I think these regional style one day events are going to be highly talked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7ba11dbb647515d97232393ce6dbecfe.jpg

19 Degrees and NY/NJ isn't backing down!

Good to know how things evolve. I think these regional style one day events are going to be highly talked about.

To be fair, we always had those. The THP Invitational Series ran for a number of years and were held in a lot of different places.
The stakes were never high, and it became something we did not enjoy all that much on a personal level because of what came out of them.

With change comes two things, fear and new.
With change on THP with Regional Rivalry brings another...AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing the backstory JB, definitely gives some great oversight into how THP and companies like True Temper value golfers.

the way this photo came out, it looks like your on another planet somewhere else in the cosmos

No cosmos here, just really frozen course conditions that aren't helping my game but I just had to get out and swing regardless of the situation :alien:

Thanks for sharing the backstory JB, definitely gives some great oversight into how THP and companies like True Temper value golfers.

Oh brother if you only knew...:D

Giving a new meaning to the nickname Ice Man lol

Giving a new meaning to the nickname Ice Man lol

Walking to the fifth hole and that made me laugh hard

Is this what Texas fairways are like?

Go for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JB, great background story about how THP and True Temper partnered up for this incredible event. Having had the amazing opportunity to get the VIP treatment at True Temper's Project X headquarters there is no doubt in my mind the trip to Memphis is going to blow minds. True Temper is going to pull out all the stops because that is just who they are. The people at True Temper just get it.

What is your current handicap or your average score?

What is your target for event time? How do you plan on getting there?

Spoiler
14 (sandbagging) :bye:

9.0 - ability to have worthwhile practice this year

What are your strengths on the course?
short game - on/around the green

What are your weaknesses? How do you work around them?
Inconsistency - more practice time will help the swing

Describe the courses you play most often. Layout/yardage/difficulty
My home course is par 70 - 6342yd - 70.8/126 (Tillinghast design). The front nine has more opportunities for big numbers for me with some OB areas to the right off the tee (driving range on 1, street on 3, somebody's backyard on 7). The closing two holes are a tight downhill par 3 and a shorter dogleg par 4 with an island green. Not an easy way to finish!

Do you tend to be a conservative or aggressive player? If different across aspects of the game, feel free to split this up.
I'm generally aggressive when aiming at holes because my short game is generally pretty good. I can aim at the safe part of greens though when it's necessary for the team.

What is your favorite team format? Why?
I like shamble in case I'm having a bad day off the tee and I can step up for the rest of the hole. I'm looking forward to trying Pinehurst and alternate shot formats at RTJ.

What type of golfer do you think you'd best be paired up with? This can include skills, personality - anything goes.
I think that I would be good with anybody.

In a competitive match, are you "all business", one to kid around and socialize, or somewhere in between?
I'm a scientist by trade and I'm a little more on the analytical side :glasses-nerdy: so sometimes I might have my "focused face" on, but I'm having a good time, I swear. :D

Finally, stealing this from 441 since I love how blunt it is
Why should I pick you?

I like having a good time and playing with great people. And I like taking my pops and demoralizing my opponents with my short game.

That was an excellent use of the spoiler tag.

Always happy to see a fellow scientist here on THP.

At work today, but who took advantage of the weather today? Hopefully NY/NJ seizing these opportunities

At work today, but who took advantage of the weather today? Hopefully NY/NJ seizing these opportunities

Had a range session. Mostly it was for club testing, but still out and hit a bunch of shots.

Played 18. Found a little something during the week and game is back on point. Nice being able to work on it through January outdoors!

Had a range session. Mostly it was for club testing, but still out and hit a bunch of shots.

Nice, glad to hear it Captain!

Played 18. Found a little something during the week and game is back on point. Nice being able to work on it through January outdoors!

Awesome man, and yea it is nice when you can get out on unfrozen ground, makes for a short winter!

I worked Mon-Sat this week at the simulator and spent at least 45 mins each day working on some drills and working up through the bag. By Friday it was kind of eye opening for me how well I can get into a groove and how well I really can strike the ball if I spend time practicing.

I worked Mon-Sat this week at the simulator and spent at least 45 mins each day working on some drills and working up through the bag. By Friday it was kind of eye opening for me how well I can get into a groove and how well I really can strike the ball if I spend time practicing.
24cffa156f3d2244d18048911b288330.jpg

Lol good o'le AI. Fortunately this is golf, not basketball and practice can make all the difference in the world lol.

That's awesome! Definitely jealous of the option of having a facility like that to put in that kind of work, No doubt you will be ready come June!

Well, spent yesterday removing all the xmas decorations, lights and tree etc.....but I just got back home from the range today (Sunday). Pissed off my Jets did not play this weekend :(........but my range session went pretty well :)

Back