Visible Driver Tech - Best Right Now?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Lots of companies are releasing unique and innovative visible technologies on their drivers.

Callaway has the gravity core
Callaway also has the sliding perimeter weight
Cobra has the sliding CarbonTrac
TaylorMade has the Front/Back track system
TaylorMade also has the Carbon fiber crown
Nike has the FlexFlight technology
Mizuno has FastTrack technology
Bridgestone has the power milled face
Tour Edge has the power grid
Adams has the velocity slot technology
Ping has turbulators
Titleist has the Wide sole channel
Cobra also has the SpacePort
Nike also has the reinforced cavity

What, in your opinion, has the most traction right now?
What Works best for you?

Last edited:
Gravity core is the one thats worked best for me. For the average golfer, i would think the Advanced Perimeter Weighting of the GBB or the Front/Back track system of the M1 would work best

Have Cobra not also got a speed channel effect on their drivers now as well? Or am I thinking of another OEM?

If it was physically possible, the ultimate would be a combination of all of the technology together to give players the chance to customise the club to exactly how they need based on their usual strike location and miss and what ball flight they want to see

I would probably have to guess at either the TM multiple sliding weight tracks or Callaway multiple gravity cores giving the most help

Can I choose the two tone crown of the M1 with the carbon fiber? Not that is works for me because honestly I've still yet to hit it. But to me it's something that stands out.

Most improvement to an average golfer? I'm not sure, I'm going to say the sole chamber on the Titleist with how much it in theory helps with ball speeds hit off center, esp low. They nabbed the patent from Nike for a reason, so I'm going to go with that.

I've only spent time with 2 of these options so truly limited to say what works best....with that said, the APW of the GBB has been fantastic in visible results for me.

I think the Cobra port is the best "visual" tech as it allows the viewing of inside.

For the average golfer I would say one of the sliders or core that would change spin numbers.

For me I think it's any club with multiple adjustments, it's nice to have the shaft adapter to change loft, etc. But to have something else on the club to adjust is just great to have additional options!

Can I choose the two tone crown of the M1 with the carbon fiber? Not that is works for me because honestly I've still yet to hit it. But to me it's something that stands out.

Most improvement to an average golfer? I'm not sure, I'm going to say the sole chamber on the Titleist with how much it in theory helps with ball speeds hit off center, esp low. They nabbed the patent from Nike for a reason, so I'm going to go with that.

Of course. I'll edit it in.

I think the addition of the speed channel into the Vapor line was one of the biggest differences over the Covert - I definitely lose a lot less speed with the Vapor Pro than I did with even the standard Covert (though I'm sure there are other reasons for that).

The turbulators are up there for me as well, if not only for how well they frame the ball.

Gravity core is the one thats worked best for me. For the average golfer, i would think the Advanced Perimeter Weighting of the GBB or the Front/Back track system of the M1 would work best

I can agree with most of this. The APW of the GBB seems to do a lot for me, and the M1 track system also seems to be really good.

The most intriguing visible tech for me is the cobra space port.

Apw has been friendly to several people I have seen get fit. Cobras sliding weight I think works as good or better than the flip it did.

Really good question. I really like the tech on the new cobra drivers, but I think that the best tech might be the front/back track system of the M1.

The LTD for me and it isn't close.

Based on numbers, the gravity core really did affect my numbers.

As far as traction with the consumer, I think turbulators are a big standout for Ping.

The LTD for me and it isn't close.

There is something overly entertaining about being able to stick half your hand in the head of a driver after removing a weight. It's awesome.

Based on numbers, the gravity core really did affect my numbers.

As far as traction with the consumer, I think turbulators are a big standout for Ping.

Absolutely shocks me that you didn't see changes with gravity core. I moved it up/down and heel/toe and saw notable change and feedback each time.

Really enjoyed my time with the Gravity Core and saw significant changes from one position to the next. The APW has been nice in the GBB, but I haven't played around with it much. When I found a setting that fit my swing, I left it alone.

Lots of great tech out there. Love it.

Gravity core for me,it has worked wonders as I am a high ball hitter. I love my current gamer for this very reason

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

When it comes to ease of adjustability, I think the M1 wins that. Pretty straight forward instruction depending on what you are looking to get out of the club.

I think Cobra's space port takes it for me. It's interesting, it's functional, and it gets people talking. Also, that club just crushes golf balls.

Back