Option 1. I'm a relative newbie, and don't know how one qualifies for the MC or how one is selected, but option 1 seems a far better way of getting someone who has some dedication and commitment to the board and other members.

In reading last year's MC thread to learn about the event i would say option 1. It is a huge honor to be a captain in that event. Not everyone can be a captain it takes a special person to lead his team.

Option 1 for me, I'm not saying option 2 wouldn't provide a great captain, but option 1 pretty much guarantees it.

I lean towards option 1. The Morgan Cup has some serious history, being handed that baton should come from dedication to THP. I know there’s a lot of great folks on here that would make a stellar captain. Those folks are known, and while contests are great, I fully trust in the THP team to find the right person to lead a team.

Being one of the newbies to THP, I would love to argue for option 2. However, this being my first year following THP events, and The Morgan Cup, I do believe the Captain has a great deal of responsibility to the players selected, THP, Puma, and those of us on the boards following. Many of us newbies could get up to speed, but I don’t think that is the best course of action for an event like this. I would vote for Option 1. There are so many great options to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With this event I think it needs to be option 1 for the Captain. The roster can be filled out with plenty of option 2's, but for an event like this, I think it deserves a captain who lives and breathes THP and can fully grasp the magnitude of what it means to be a captain in the Morgan Cup

As much as I like up be inclusive I believe the best team captains are ones who are active and passionate about THP. My vote is option 1.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am for option 2. CPG puts so much in to this event that they deserve some input!

Option 1 for me. content and activity are hugely important for a captain when it comes to being an example for the rest of the team as they fulfill their responsibilities to the sponsor and community after receiving the good fortune of being selected.

I think option 2 would be cool, gives a great connection to the brand and allows people to submit for them to be considered, or maybe even nominations by other members for consideration.

A Morgan Cup a captain shouldn't just be someone who can type up a nice response for a contest. It should be someone the forum can get behind and want to play for

100% agree. Being named captain of any event is a huge honor, but there’s something about being a MC captain. It’s by far one of the coolest things I’ve ever done and still the highlight of my golf resume. It’s a very big deal, and I’m already excited for the person who gets named Captain.

Oh, and Jeremy. Yeah he’s ok too.

THP chooses. I think activity and content should be huge when choosing a captain.

I like option #1. I think activity, content, and passion are critical are critical for a position like this.

Option #1 and I don't give it a second thought. There are plenty of opportunities for AC members to get into a team event via written submission or other means throughout the year. Being the captain of a Morgan Cup team is an entirely different thing and should be only awarded to a person that is pretty invested in this site. I trust the leadership of this site could identify that person.

In my opinion, I think option one is the best choice for selecting the Morgan Cup Captain. Should be decided by THP.

Option 1- THP should choose the captain.

As a person who does not have a lot of content contribution/activity and that does not have a creative writing capability, I would like to just state a few things for the record. I love THP! I love the people I have met and others that I have had conversations with on this site. I feel that my chances of being a part of any of these teams is extremely limited. {Yes, I said it} Now with that said, I do not hold anyone to blame and I do understand the importance of those qualities for the forum to grow and interact. I can't just sit at a computer and communicate endlessly. I do read and go through the site most every day, but comment very rarely. I am more of a verbal person. I am at a physical capability at golf that I may not fit these competitiions anymore and I am ok with it. (I cannot play well at 6400 yards,) There are other great oppportunities on this site. I do not mean to put down either of the two options presented here, but just wanted to voice my opinion. Sorry for this minor rant!

Now, I feel for the Morgan Cup Captain it should fall on THP to pick however they choose. Option 1 would be what I would support.

Option 1- THP should choose the captain.

Yup yup! This place is great and the main reason for that is the leadership. You're part of that as are a few dozen others. Anyone that's spent a month on this place knows the people that should be captains in events. I could name 20,30,40, maybe even 50 people that I KNOW would make great captains for any event. Beyond that, it'd be a crapshoot.

The events here are too great to chance something to someone that's not fully committed to it. Those with any question marks (and I'd include me in that group) should have opportunities to get into events but to be gifted a captainship just doesn't seem right to me.

On a larger scale, look at say the Ryder Cup captains. You think they just pick any random older
Tour pro for that role? Maybe a guy that played for half a season back in 1988? Not a chance.

Another vote for option 1. The MC captain should be chosen based on leadership qualities not based on a random draw or a winning entry. That's fine for participation but not for the captain.

As a person who does not have a lot of content contribution/activity and that does not have a creative writing capability, I would like to just state a few things for the record. I love THP! I love the people I have met and others that I have had conversations with on this site. I feel that my chances of being a part of any of these teams is extremely limited. {Yes, I said it} Now with that said, I do not hold anyone to blame and I do understand the importance of those qualities for the forum to grow and interact. I can't just sit at a computer and communicate endlessly. I do read and go through the site most every day, but comment very rarely. I am more of a verbal person. I am at a physical capability at golf that I may not fit these competitiions anymore and I am ok with it. (I cannot play well at 6400 yards,) There are other great oppportunities on this site. I do not mean to put down either of the two options presented here, but just wanted to voice my opinion. Sorry for this minor rant!

Now, I feel for the Morgan Cup Captain it should fall on THP to pick however they choose. Option 1 would be what I would support.

Don't you have a game to coach in a little bit?? :)

I prefer the second option, and remain confident that the THP community is smart enough to not put themselves in to be Captain of an event like the Morgan Cup unless they can really dedicate the time and effort it takes to make the team and the event a success and continue raising the bar and burnishing the title of Morgan Cup Captain and Morgan Cup Winner.

Option one. I think that has worked well for THP in the past. Whoever THP chooses will be the right person and take the job seriously.

I like option numero uno personally, I think it's a good way to really give thanks to those that demonstrate excellence in leadership among the community.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back