Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Good job buddy! A friend just asked me to go play at hazelmere tomorrow... How's the course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's usually well conditioned, but being frozen obviously negates that. I'm not a huge fan of the layout there but it's definitely a great value. Lateral hazards on almost all the par 4's and 5's mean that hitting driver is only a smart play on 3 or 4 holes so it's a lot of irons/hybrids/fws off the tee. Some guys love it, I don't.

Agree with Army, it's s good course if you like target golf, not so much if you prefer a more risk/reward type layout.

I was surprised how comfortable it actually was out there once the sun was shining. Glad I managed to get my clunker up there and play!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's usually well conditioned, but being frozen obviously negates that. I'm not a huge fan of the layout there but it's definitely a great value. Lateral hazards on almost all the par 4's and 5's mean that hitting driver is only a smart play on 3 or 4 holes so it's a lot of irons/hybrids/fws off the tee. Some guys love it, I don't.

I played there for the first time this year, and for a lot of the reasons you mention in your post, I have no desire to go back.

I'll be playing at northview on Sunday... If anybody is interested.

I'll be playing at northview on Sunday... If anybody is interested.

Will they be open? I don't know if the place will be thawed out by Sunday.

Wish I could join you, but this Sunday won't work for me.

I doubt Northview will be open Sunday

I will call tomorrow and see what's going on.

Looks like we're going to play Guildford GC around 1130 AM. If you're interested, let me know.

And now... it's snowing.

And now... it's snowing.

Yah we cancelled. Well I did, one of my buddy I think wanted to still go! It's 0 C right now but the fog is pretty bad

Sunny here! Just as cold as Friday though.

Pretty as a mid summer day right now. Except it's 4 degrees. :(

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

This is what we woke up to in Portland this morning
8bb4bc788b2a5d2b989790b237655b4c.jpg

This is what we woke up to in Portland this morning
8bb4bc788b2a5d2b989790b237655b4c.jpg

Looks nice! I was looking forward to play this morning... Oh well! Yesterday I went to the range and went to the putting green. After 10 mins, my putters face was covered with ice and the balls also..

Balls feel like rocks right now.. just thinned a 6 iron from the rough. Everything is flying so dead.

Edit: towel face wrap is up. Wind feels like glass. Game on.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Played my first round in 2016.. 45-43-88 at Guildford

My favorite shot of the round was a drive that I flew over the trees to about 20 yards of the cup.. There was a temp green so it's why it shows my 56* chip as only 20 yds.
hole8%20guildford%20160109_zpsocqp9qny.jpg

Played The Canal today and what an awesome day it was. Shot an 83 from 6650 yards in the muck.

Played The Canal today and what an awesome day it was. Shot an 83 from 6650 yards in the muck.

Was there any frost? I think we will play there on Monday... Guildford was not in good shape

Was there any frost? I think we will play there on Monday... Guildford was not in good shape
They had frost delay until noon and it wasn't in very good shape either.

Nice days boys! No golf for me this weekend but I'd love to tee it up next weekend if anyone's game.

Unrelated point - once the weather gets warmer in a couple of months, I want to play Furry Creek. It looks awesome.

Unrelated point - once the weather gets warmer in a couple of months, I want to play Furry Creek. It looks awesome.

Yep, its fun and beautiful

Yep, its fun and beautiful
Sweet. Plus I can channel my inner Happy Gilmore and try to get off the beach..."you jackass" :alien:

Back