Anyone struggle with offset putters?

RetiredBoomer

Reaction score
I vastly prefer either shaft-aligned or, as with my present putter, onset. Offset putters, although comprising the majority, just don't fit my eye.

I'm one who usually does or can. Main reason for me though is looks in combo with the headshape, and more times than not its me not adjusting position in my setup for the offset.

I prefer straight shafted putters, no offset and/or not bend.

I love me some plumbers necks.

I'm actually putting much better since going to some offset. Not sure why, better fit I guess.

No, which is surprising since I played a SeeMore for 12 years.

I vastly prefer either shaft-aligned or, as with my present putter, onset. Offset putters, although comprising the majority, just don't fit my eye.

I have some trouble with them in the looks department. I like a center shaft or a nice flow neck and feel most confident with one of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offset flow neck or half shaft offset flow is my preferred. That said I have had decent experiences with all types of necks and offsets to me it comes down to what I like to look at.

I will say I wish I liked Plumbers necks would open so many more options putter wise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I struggle with offset, but I've been playing a SeeMore FGP almost exclusively since I started golfing.

Not sure what you mean by struggle. I have been working with a putting instructor who has measured lots of strokes on a SAM puttlab and he has learned that offset is just a variable that impacts the rotation of the putter; just like weight, where the shaft intersects the head, COG, etc. Basically, 1/2 shaft is neutral and and as offset is added the putter tends to be closed to the putters path. Reducing offset will have a tendency to keep the putter open to the path. We used offset to fine tune how my misses.

I love a plumbers neck or a whistle shaft, but can't seem to put with a straight shaft.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Center shafted, straight shaft putters have been my preference for over 15 years.
A less cluttered look for me and makes it easier to find the proper ball position.

We find that offset brings in an extra variable when it comes to putting. Can you putt with an offset putter - yes. Question we ask is how consistent are you with it. Less variables less trouble. Need help with putting best readings on SAM is straight shaft near center or center shaft blade or small mallet putters that want to return to square without any manipulation. Less is more in this case.

Funny enough, I'm someone who last year would have answered "no" to this question. But after putting for a year with a straight, center-shafted putter, I'm not sure that's the case anymore.

Back