Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Yes, because of Molten noting the feel is quite different in the cold and the fact that the face is very thin and because of the organic inserts, I'm interested. :)
Oh you can certainly feel the mishits and it seems a bit more extreme in the cold for obvious reasons. Not terrible but feedback for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a guess but I suspect he is wondering if the amount of deflection in the face changes significantly with temperature.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Went to the Buffalo Grove Dome today and low and behold guess what I got to hit
3dbd88a6aa99df6efc2c3aed9a62b754.jpg
Very nice club. You can feel the ball shoot of the face. They only had Steel Stiff shafts so that is like using a 2x4 for me.
1f4547390e0b540c5a22080f129be0a5.jpg

3a02e826e8d105f086f9322ece43b7ad.jpg

Going to wait to do anything until a Graphite shaft is available to hit. Here is a comparison to my D100
9f96f8f2806e35be2c1d96ebdff49ce3.jpg

6c8c963be2fe6c50740a8c52cfb7e407.jpg

Along with Wilson Duo Spin golf balls, a hot bowl of Vietnamese pho goes well with a sim session with the C200s! The GenFLX face was even hotter!

Went to the Buffalo Grove Dome today and low and behold guess what I got to hit
3dbd88a6aa99df6efc2c3aed9a62b754.jpg
Very nice club. You can feel the ball shoot of the face. They only had Steel Stiff shafts so that is like using a 2x4 for me.
1f4547390e0b540c5a22080f129be0a5.jpg

3a02e826e8d105f086f9322ece43b7ad.jpg

Going to wait to do anything until a Graphite shaft is available to hit. Here is a comparison to my D100

Definitely like the C200 over that d100. I'm just jealous that you were able to hit these today. Hope I can get out tomorrow and find these to demo.

Thanks for those pics! Definitely shorter than the D100 towards the toe but looks to be about the same width.

Wow - 2 posts and no mention of my heel hits! Thought for sure I would get ridiculed for it. It really wasn't the right shaft and I take a 2 upright in my irons.

Wow - 2 posts and no mention of my heel hits! Thought for sure I would get ridiculed for it. It really wasn't the right shaft and I take a 2 upright in my irons.

If you're looking for ridicule you're in the wrong place. My impact tape is nothing to be proud of.

Great looking irons!

Great looking irons!

I've been a fan of Wilson Staff for quite a while now. The technology in the C200s is very interesting and the looks, as always, are great. Classic Wilson Staff. I own a set of C100s and would love to upgrade.

I've been a fan of Wilson Staff for quite a while now. The technology in the C200s is very interesting and the looks, as always, are great. Classic Wilson Staff. I own a set of C100s and would love to upgrade.

Beyond interesting, the tech works. Most of us saw considerable distance gains over our last set of irons. And don't sleep on the Aldila graphite either if you are so inclined.

Anecdote from yesterdays round. I had two bad holes, but on the other seven the C200s just flat out performed. On #6 my drive left me 125 out from the front of the green. That was 8i for me in the past. Grabbed my 9i, hit the front of the green and rolled to within 10 feet. For grins I pulled the 8i, it landed at the back of the green and rolled off. My partner just laughed. And it was an easy controlled swing. In addition to distance, the C200s have given me a level of control lately that I have not experienced before. I honestly feel like I am golfing now instead of just hacking. Confidence is high, and I'm just getting started.

Looking at the club and seriously considering a purchase, I'm surprised on how little information there is about the iron on the website. Usually if manufacturers feel they have a "hit" on their hands, they are up front with details on shafts, club details including offset and bounce etc. Trying to get as much info as possible on the Rogue shaft and there seems to be none out there even on the Wilson website. Getting into the market is hard enough, but when there is a lack of information critical to a purchase, then it becomes even harder. With the choices golfers have out there, having lack of information about your clubs on your website is almost inexcusable.
Not coming down hard on the guys that have them or have ordered them, just wishing more information was available for comparison sake. Living in a rural area, I don't have the opportunity to test and clubs and have access to a fitter on a daily basis, that's why I like the information on clubs so I can create a list of clubs to try when I go and get fit.

Although there is a lack of information, I will put these on the list to try mainly from reading the comments of the testers.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I'll be honest here. If you are consistently around the center of the face I doubt you're going to see much of a gain distance wise, if my experience is any indicator. They do improve feel but the C100 is a really solid iron.

Love the looks of these irons. Was looking at the C100s last year but did not like the black finish to them worried it would wear off. Definitely favor the looks of these. Technology is right there in your face to put it to the test. After talking to my golfing buddy (+2 hdcp) he is also as interested as me to hit them. Great set to upgrade me from FatShafts and DI9s.

Hit these a bit today out of 441s bag, and I have a good bit to add about them.

Will have some thoughts up ASAP.

Entry: i bookmarked the first thread of the thpers that went to wilson hq and followed it daily for updates. was anxiously waiting for the reviews to come out and not disappointed, a lot if great through reviews. i really like the clean look of these irons and think it was smart of w/s to not try and hide the power slots. it will definitely make people to pick it up and give it a try and would love to pick these up just because of it.i have always caught grief at my home course because of my w/s irons (fatshafts and di9s) not to mention playing the duo. always willing to play the unconventional had a krank el diablo ( what's with the red electrical tape).w/s has a rich history and really have not gotten the recognition they deserve for their clubs as of late. hopefully the c200 will change that. thank you thp and w/s, i hope this relationship continues to grow.

I'll be honest here. If you are consistently around the center of the face I doubt you're going to see much of a gain distance wise, if my experience is any indicator. They do improve feel but the C100 is a really solid iron.

I was planning on doing a cold weather comparison between my C100s and the C200s today.

Bad news, it's raining so no range for me. Good news, it's raining!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Looking at the club and seriously considering a purchase, I'm surprised on how little information there is about the iron on the website. Usually if manufacturers feel they have a "hit" on their hands, they are up front with details on shafts, club details including offset and bounce etc. Trying to get as much info as possible on the Rogue shaft and there seems to be none out there even on the Wilson website. Getting into the market is hard enough, but when there is a lack of information critical to a purchase, then it becomes even harder. With the choices golfers have out there, having lack of information about your clubs on your website is almost inexcusable.
Not coming down hard on the guys that have them or have ordered them, just wishing more information was available for comparison sake. Living in a rural area, I don't have the opportunity to test and clubs and have access to a fitter on a daily basis, that's why I like the information on clubs so I can create a list of clubs to try when I go and get fit.

Although there is a lack of information, I will put these on the list to try mainly from reading the comments of the testers.

I'll respectfully disagree on that; there's plenty of info on the site to the average consumer, and there are also already plenty of reviews online about the performance of the clubs and the brand new Aldila Rogue Pro shafts.

Most people nowadays are going to Google reviews and watch videos to check out irons, not look for bounce and offset specs on the manufacturer website.

More important to me is W/S getting these clubs into the hands of consumers via retail outlets like Golfsmith. If that becomes an issue (and everyone, including W/S and Golfsmith, is saying it won't be), then yes there's a problem.

I'll respectfully disagree on that; there's plenty of info on the site to the average consumer, and there are also already plenty of reviews online about the performance of the clubs and the brand new Aldila Rogue Pro shafts.

Most people nowadays are going to Google reviews and watch videos to check out irons, not look for bounce and offset specs on the manufacturer website.

More important to me is W/S getting these clubs into the hands of consumers via retail outlets like Golfsmith. If that becomes an issue (and everyone, including W/S and Golfsmith, is saying it won't be), then yes there's a problem.

I think he has a legitimate gripe from the perspective of the player who doesn't have a well stocked store nearby. You don't have to clutter the page with all the data, but a link to a pdf with detailed specs should be easy enough to do.

I think he has a legitimate gripe from the perspective of the player who doesn't have a well stocked store nearby. You don't have to clutter the page with all the data, but a link to a pdf with detailed specs should be easy enough to do.

Fair enough! I took a quick glance at the C200 specs and felt, from my own POV, that there was a decent amount. No, it wasn't the level of a Callaway or TMaG, but for me it was a good amount. Like I said, IMO I think a lot of people rely more on websites like THP for in depth reviews and user feedback rather than a manufacturer's website, but I also know that we all research in our own different ways.

Also, I will freely admit that I'm looking at things through a W/S homer's eyes as well! :angel:

I didn't make any swings with 441's C200s today, but I did a little side by side visual comparison and was pleasantly surprised. next to my driving forged irons, the C200s weren't huge or distracting. I also had no issue with the black lines. 441 hit some really nice shots with these, and the couple he mishit a little still came off really well.

Hit these a bit today out of 441s bag, and I have a good bit to add about them.

Will have some thoughts up ASAP.
Buy a set yet?

I agree with you ... no such thing as too much information.

6c8c963be2fe6c50740a8c52cfb7e407.jpg

Along with Wilson Duo Spin golf balls, a hot bowl of Vietnamese pho goes well with a sim session with the C200s! The GenFLX face was even hotter!

Nice dude! Glad you're still rocking and enjoying these!

Back