Ball finder: Have you changed??

Ball finder: Have you changed??

• Yes, I no longer search for extra golf balls

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • No, I still search and hoard any golf ball I can find

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
I have been playing golf for 47 years. Time permitting, even today, I still look for balls. Found 3 today with almost no effort while waiting on the green ahead of us to clear on 2 different holes. I have a son and a granddaughter who play golf and I make the majority of the balls I find available to them to play or practice with.

Im always looking around for balls. Use them for winter balls or for experimental shots.

Not sure how to answer the poll. I search, but don't hoard. During the winter when no one else is on the course or during slow times, I will look for balls. I'll keep premium balls that would normally be in my bag. I have shag bags full of balls so the others are given to one of my partners who gives the balls to kids programs.

I LOVE finding balls, but I rarely use what I find. When things are backed up and the tall wastelands have been cut down, I go searching and leave dozens of balls next to the marker on the next tee box. It's the hunt I enjoy. I don't keep any more balls as I have enough V1 and V1x balls to last me a solid year. Unfortunately the two balls I play - B330 and ChromeSoft - are not very common on my home course. If I find one, its usually one I lost.

Been blessed with excellent long distance vision, so if anyone in my group hits an errant shot I try to help by pointing out the exact location or go help look for the ball. If I find an abandoned ball, I give it to someone else in my group.

I pick up balls if I find them while looking for mine but only within my 2 minute ball rule. Now my brother, he'll run into ravines and up hillsides looking for balls. LOL And he can afford way more than I can LOL

i will keep an eye out for good balls, i wont go out of my way to do so. i will also throw balls i don't like out on the fairway for other people to find if i don't like them
Exactly what I was going to say.

On rain days when I know the course will be closed I head out with a small backpack, a ball retriever and my trusted companion, Georgia, a basset/lab mix.

I know this course pretty well and from experience, I concentrate my efforts on 4 or 5 holes. Georgia absolutely loves to be off a leash and jumps and frolics. I'll bring along a floating toy for her and give her a few good tosses into one of the ponds. Anyways....I keep a five gallon bucket of shag balls, typically for range 'donations', so when it starts to get low, I'll keep most of the balls I find, which can be as many as 100 on a given search. I'll clean each ball in a bleach cleaner solution and vigorously inspect each ball. The balls go into one of three categories. Balls that I'll play, Pro Vs, TPs, SRs, Z Stars, and B330-RXs. They must be in mint to near mint condition, and if they aren't mint, they go into my practice bucket. These get used for chipping around at home or at my practice facility. Everything else goes into the shag bucket. When the shag bucket is pretty much full, when looking for balls I will only keep mint balls for playing, which is typically a dozen or two depending on my luck that day.

I kind of consider myself a ball snob, but only from the stand point that I know what balls I like and which ones I don't. But....I'll try any ball once.

I don't look for balls to save money. I do it to spend time with my dog and for the thrill of the hunt. It's rewarding to me to see 6 or 7 dozen perfect golf balls sitting on my shelf and to know that I toiled for them and got to bond with my best friend.

Extra balls. No way. If I find one that isn't mine I won't pick it up. I've left new looking proV's on the ground and walked off knowing that there is not another group nearby that would have hit it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back