THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Do we know who will be each team? Seems like the same old stuff going on. It'll be nice to get down to brass tacks.

After the PGA show we will know more about contests

Do we know who will be each team? Seems like the same old stuff going on. It'll be nice to get down to brass tacks.
In due time Mr Fred

Not yet...then the hammer will meet the nails. Until then some friendly banter with a few tear drops.

Clover... Dating app.
Never heard of it.
Don't spend a lot of time (or any) on "Dating Apps"

Good luck finding happiness.

Yea I'm married....and it was on the news. Nice try following along though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I'm married....and it was on the news. Nice try following along though!!

I figured you may have been checking out my profile on THP...

Find what you were looking for?

This is shaping up to be a great event, with fantastic sponsorship, and an incredible opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at the leader in regards to iron shafts!

Couple that with friends playing with and against friends and it's a Win, Win, Win...

Unless your from Oh Hey O...

Lol....SMDH , laughing and smiling...again!!!!

Really really excited for this thing to get started!! It's going to be a long 5 months of this stuff...soooo....!!!

And good MI....u are going to need it

Hey guys... Question for you... Of your potential opponents, Who do you think will surprise you come game day? Who do you think will rise above what is expected from them? I mean who plays out of there shoes better than ever.

For me, I think that if Michigan Slice plays the J815 driver he has in the bag, his 2some will be tough to beat. He hit's it good! With all he is doing so far this winter, I think he will even surprise himself. And I can see Captain JDtox using that to his advantage.

I wanted to answer this question after some thought. I know quite a few guys from Ohio, and some are still unknown commodities. It's kind of a back handed knock on someone to say they will be a surprise. You never underestimate an opponent, otherwise that is your downfall.

That being said, if this person makes the team, I know that they will be gunning for us. That guy is the traitor, the hashtagger, the mmaynard. I know he will have those Bridgestones working for him and be fired up to play the Benedict Arnold role in this shindig. Unfortunately, that history lesson parallels over to this instance rather well. :surrender:

Pin, if you didn't check out my profile I apologize I thought for sure you checked me out... I'm flattered really. Lol

I figure you went there looking for something...
Lol

I have work to do, I want to make the team, I want to show up and play good (for me) golf, but first I have to make the team.

Pin, I hope I get to meet you on the range, and I hope my impression of you is wrong.

Good day sir.

I've played Boulder Creek a couple of times, actually made par on 2 holes last time I was out. Great course, loads of fun, tough.

I was playing Matt Maynard while he was getting ready for the Morgan cup, we played a few times.

He beat me once.
I hope this is match play.

#GiveMeMyDamnPops!

Well then, got caught up for today, seems the banter has been quite good today. I will say I have been to Cleveland OH numerous times and the females down there that I saw didn't impress me that much, so how they chose that i don't know. But I can say I cant wait for PGA show and signups!

For those who haven't played a match in a THP event, what are you going to do to prepare for one?

For those who have played in THP event matches, what takeaways are you going to bring to your preparation for the event?

I'll answer the second question.

I think through all of my matches in THP events, they've all been different in ways but they've all had the same thing in common. Par is good. It took me a while to realize just how much pressure not making mistakes puts on an opponent. I used to get mad at "bad pars" but that'll never happen again

Par is good
Play my game
Capitalize on mistakes by opponent
Make putts

When you are popping on a hole, make sure you win it.
Don't be a richard
have fun
golf my ball

Pin, if you didn't check out my profile I apologize I thought for sure you checked me out... I'm flattered really. Lol

I figure you went there looking for something...
Lol

I have work to do, I want to make the team, I want to show up and play good (for me) golf, but first I have to make the team.

Pin, I hope I get to meet you on the range, and I hope my impression of you is wrong.

Good day sir.

Same here slice...can't wait. Feel free to look around my profile, nothing to hide here. Most people find that they either love me or they despise me and I'm ok with that....cause im just me. Not trying to be something or someone else for the sake of the thread.. Sometimes translation gets lost in text and sometimes it's exactly what you think it is. Pretty apparent in here if ur not in "the group "it's tough to break into "the group". So, All I can do is keep trying to make my team and not worry about the ruffling of the peacock feathers in Michigan along the way. Keep grinding. it's going to be a bumpy yet scenic road along the way.

Learn the course. Know where you just can't miss. Know the greens including mapping them to know where I want to putt from on every hole. Play Stroke play event May 15th at Shawnee Hills to get used to golfing when it matters. Try and find someone to play one of the 3 two man events as well that take place before #THPRegionalRivalry

Pretty apparent in here if ur not in "the group "it's tough to break into "the group".

This is just not accurate.
While regional threads are naturally "closer" due to most playing together or have played together, and containing 10 people total on average, the entire forum is full of great people looking to chat golf all day every day. They dont care who it is, why they are here or who they might be friends with, because they dont know most from adam.

When you are popping on a hole, make sure you win it.
Don't be a richard
have fun
golf my ball

As my name is Richard I must say I take offense to this particular rule!

Don't beat around the bush just say don't be a Dick! Lol

Can't say I didn't try. God bless this thread

For those who haven't played a match in a THP event, what are you going to do to prepare for one?

For those who have played in THP event matches, what takeaways are you going to bring to your preparation for the event?

I'll answer the second question.

I think through all of my matches in THP events, they've all been different in ways but they've all had the same thing in common. Par is good. It took me a while to realize just how much pressure not making mistakes puts on an opponent. I used to get mad at "bad pars" but that'll never happen again

In a match I am much more likely to take the club that will keep me in play and eliminate trouble. Playing conservative for me can often keep my scores low.

I was playing Matt Maynard while he was getting ready for the Morgan cup, we played a few times.

He beat me once.
I hope this is match play.

#GiveMeMyDamnPops!

Once?!?! I think you may be forgetting a few.

Match play is all about playing your game limit the mistakes and make pars!

In a match I am much more likely to take the club that will keep me in play and eliminate trouble. Playing conservative for me can often keep my scores low.

Do you think you have the discipline to keep driver in the bag even though length is an advantage at Boulder?

Do you think you have the discipline to keep driver in the bag even though length is an advantage at Boulder?

On certain holes hell yeah! 3 is a great example. I can and have hit two 7 irons there to make par. There are other holes that just look too good to my eye where I can bomb away like on 10 and not worry about any trouble at all. My length is great through the bag so when my 6iron = driver for someone else I am never at a disadvantage.

This is just not accurate.
While regional threads are naturally "closer" due to most playing together or have played together, and containing 10 people total on average, the entire forum is full of great people looking to chat golf all day every day. They dont care who it is, why they are here or who they might be friends with, because they dont know most from adam.

I respectfully disagree.

Yes there is a whole big world out there in THP land. I take advantage of it. I find it interesting that because of the friendships already in place that new people should have more fun elsewhere. I do enjoy THP a lot! I'm also trying to make my team so I also need to be present in this thread often and answering the questions in the way I see fit in a manner to solely make my team. If I don't, I'll be disappointed for sure but I also know I have less of a chance due to certain familiarities. And that's fine....but I have to work harder to get in the mix...no? That's the point....no?

Back