Would you ever game a set gap or AW with a different irons set?

I typically don't play a set gap wedge but I guess I don't see why not. If I find something I liked and worked it would probably be silly not to. It might drive me a little crazy looking at it in my bag though.

Yes, gaming the Apex MB AW with the XForged. Actually feels like a pretty good match and fits perfectly.

I feel like this is one of the only scenarios I could see myself using a different set gap wedge. I feel like I would still have quite a bit of control on partial shots or around the green with something like an Apex MB AW. Otherwise I’m strictly going with a matching set of wedges.

I can see gaming what is essentially a GW/AW (because of loft 50*) in an actual wedge from a different manufacturer but a set wedge just has a different look to it and if it doesn't look like my irons or my wedges than I don't think I could do it.

I never have. My initial thought is I’d probably want to keep the set AW. But I could be swayed.

No. It would bother me for some reason.

I've done it and I thought about doing it again, semi-recently.

GW from my old Tommy Armour evo V-31 set has always been money for me. Played it in my Mizuno set and was tempted to do so again with my CF16's until I fell for the Fourteen RM-22J wedges.

Whatever works, brand whether same or a monstrosity of a mix, I wouldn't care one bit.

I do. My first irons were a set of Acer XS HT from Hireko. I had them built 1.5” long. I later switched to a set of SpeedBlades at standard length.

I never could seem to hit the AW or SW from the SpeedBlade set, so I went back to the equivalent Acers I had. That means my sand wedge is about the same length as my 5 iron.

I am so concerned about turf interaction and bounce on my wedges. I have not found a set gap wedge that I really lIked. Have always gone with matching 50-54-58 or 52-58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, whatever works.

Back