2019 Safeway Open

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't see a thread for this one yet. Hard to believe the "off-season" lasted for about 4 days, but here we are at the start of the 2019 Season.

Brendan Steele back to defend his title.

Fun to watch a lot of the young guys who just got their tour cards in this one.

Sungjae Im started off with a bang with a 6 under today. Snedeker also with a 6 under

Mickelson 5 under through 12. Looks like a totally different guy from last week.

I really enjoy these tournaments to get an idea of some of the younger players.

I really enjoy these tournaments to get an idea of some of the younger players.

Me too. Im looks like the real deal. Excited to see how Champ does as well, kid can bomb the ball.

Mark Mulder with a very respectable -1 so far. Just hit a nice little pitch up on to the green.

Mickelson now at -7. Has birdied 6 holes in a row. I guess that's good.

Lol didnt even know their was a tourney this week. Straka and wright leading the way neither are guys ive heard of.

Now you show up Phil!!

Pretty good tourney so far.

Should be an interesting finish today. Supposed to be really windy, so scoring is going to be tough. Snedeker generally is a really good wind player, could be tough to catch him. Have been really impressed by Im's game, especially his short game. He is going to be a good pro.

Looks like Sneds is closing in on win #10. Has always seemed like one of the nicest guys on tour

Looks like Sneds is closing in on win #10. Has always seemed like one of the nicest guys on tour

He is fun to watch and one of the fastest players on tour.

Uh Oh, another bogey for Sneds.

1 stroke lead now over Ryan Moore.

74-72 finish for Phil to drop all the way down to a tie for 17th. Thats the Phil we know

74-72 finish for Phil to drop all the way down to a tie for 17th. Thats the Phil we know

Like that old Tom Pettty song....PheeeelFalling

Like that old Tom Pettty song....PheeeelFalling
Hahahahaha u win

And if sneds wins bridgestone balls continue a nice run

Iron off the tee going left can't be what Sneds wanted to see.

Assuming he holds on, would be back to back tourney wins for Sneds if you don't factor in Fedex Cup events

Assuming he holds on, would be back to back tourney wins for Sneds if you don't factor in Fedex Cup events

I think that's a huge assumption at this point.

I think that's a huge assumption at this point.

Looks like he may have to birdie 18, but that's been the easiest hole on the course. I think he gets it done.

Looks like he may have to birdie 18, but that's been the easiest hole on the course. I think he gets it done.

We shall know soon. He has been rough coming in.

Well that's not a good start. Gonna have to be a layup from there.

Wow. Sneds all over the map. Cant even lay up to the fairway

Wow. Sneds all over the map. Cant even lay up to the fairway

He has been leaking oil all day. I know the course played hard today with the wind, but goodness.

Back