New video game "The Golf Club"

Played this just now. I liked the improvements made to it. Finished a solid bogeys free round at 12 under in around 8 mph wind. Can't complain about that.
Just got notified the TGCT accepted the course and may consider it for a tournament down the road.

That's awesome T0AD! I'm finally getting a bit better at the game. Have my handicap down to 2.6. Still have at least 2 wayward drives per round that lead to big numbers.

Just getting TGC setup/updated for PS4. Any recommendations and other tidbits that will come in handy?

Just got notified the TGCT accepted the course and may consider it for a tournament down the road.

Played this yesterday, and got -10 (if I remember correctly), with a duff, and missed a 2' putt... arrrg. Just like real life! The duff and missed 2' putt, not the -10.

I liked it Toad, hopefully we see this in a Tournament.

Congratulations Sean...it would be very cool if they used it for a tournament, but an accomplishment in its own right just to get it accepted.

Finally got the game up and running on my iMac - runs great in Windows for me. Still a learning curve with the mouse and keyboard swing, especially on the greens.

Choked away my first possible tourney win this week in TGCTour CC-C. I had an excellent first and second round with only 19 putts in the first round! Third round I gave back a couple strokes and putted poorly with 29 putts but held a 2 shot lead. Fourth round I was +1 through 7 and stopped playing for a couple of days. I was just missing almost every putt. I checked the leaderboard this morning and I was 10 strokes back with my round to finish. I managed to go -7 through the last 11 holes to finish 3 back of the leader.

http://tgctours.com/Tournament/holebyhole?tournamentPlayerId=89174

Just got my copy of the golf club in the mail and haven't opened it yet .(waiting until after the holidays)

says they hey have a thousand courses online to play which sounds fun to me. I wonder if I can download different golf swings into the game for use? Can I download a Ben hogan swing ?

Nope only one swing.

Nope only one swing.
Thanks , well that stinks . These computer golf swings all look so generic . Hard to get in the game when they look like that. The swing never even matches the shot

plus it looks goofy when hitting a bunker or sidehill lie. The game itself looks good , the golfer swing looks terrible

It may be my imagination, but I was messing around switching out golfer models the other day, and the the swings did look very marginally different. I wonder if they actually got three or four people to do a swing model.....or I'm crazy. Try it and see.

And look for HO HO Holes in One? A quick 9-holerpar 27 I did with snow.

It may be my imagination, but I was messing around switching out golfer models the other day, and the the swings did look very marginally different. I wonder if they actually got three or four people to do a swing model.....or I'm crazy. Try it and see.

And look for HO HO Holes in One? A quick 9-holerpar 27 I did with snow.
Can't wait to try the course designer. Unfortunately this was the only reason I got a Xbox one .. And also heard perfect parallel golf is coming out too for the Xbox one

Miss links 2000 and PGA championship golf . But this looks like a huge upgrade

So far my low 9 was a 48 ... The camera angles and aiming are kinda a let down. Chipping and putting are a lot of luck .. And I keep on coming up short on approach shots. I take a few clubs more but keep on hitting 80% for them

when i do the over head aim would be nice to know how far the hazards are instead of tee shot distances. Would like to aim when doing a close up of the green .. Kinda frustrating game to play .. Has potential but a lot of must options missing from all the older golf games I played

chipping and pitching animations are really off .. Look generic aiming 45 to 90 degrees to the left and ball going straight .. When I severe slopes looks like your character will fall over .. Was hoping a more up to date golf game wouldn't have all of these issues

just my observation . Might send a post on their forum to see if they can fix these items and make the game better for all

I chip in all the time. I find it very accurate if you set the loft properly. Just takes practice.

Sent from my S6 edge

I chip in all the time. I find it very accurate if you set the loft properly. Just takes practice.

Sent from my S6 edge
HMMMM just like real golf, as this IS a simulator.

Ok ... Now I'm looking at low scores on each course .. -17 !!!!!!

i like this game , but feels like I'm playing a beta of it .. Feels incomplete

some of the physics are off. Way off .. Flag doesn't move when you hit a low one into it at full power. Ball goes right thru Trees at times . Bunkers feel more like a mush shot

Couldn't disagree more. This game is pure golf simulation at its finest.

My brother got me this for my PS4 for Christmas. I'll be interested in giving it a go sometime this week.

Will be releasing a course today called Dogwood Ranch. Put about 20 hours or so into it and keep tweaking it, but I just need to move on and get something fresh. Let me know what you guys think about it!

The way they continually improve the course designer is incredible. Now they can make the US Open chambers with brown greens and all. Can't wait to go back to a desert location with the greenest green grass (Hello Clive at the Hideaway!)

Will be releasing a course today called Dogwood Ranch. Put about 20 hours or so into it and keep tweaking it, but I just need to move on and get something fresh. Let me know what you guys think about it!

The way they continually improve the course designer is incredible. Now they can make the US Open chambers with brown greens and all. Can't wait to go back to a desert location with the greenest green grass (Hello Clive at the Hideaway!)
Yeah the way you can pick texture colors now was a remarkable step up. I freaking love that. So you can really tweak and make a design original (or authentic).

Love this game,the quantity and quality of courses is never ending.The game is very difficult as well for me

Having a ton of fun, but need to pick up a controller to play on the PC. I hate putting with the keyboard and mouse stroke.

Been out of the loop on this great game for a while.What are some of the best courses available now?

Been out of the loop on this great game for a while.What are some of the best courses available now?
They just showcased one somebody did that somehow has freaking buildings in it, sculpted from earth, of course, but it looks pretty good in pictures. I think it's called JAYHAWK something.....

What are some of the best golf club courses on PS4? Is there a chambers bay? An Augusta National?

Back