Milk is it great with everything?

1.So the question is, are there foods that you won't drink milk with?
2. Have you ever had milk straight out of the bulk tank? Glass pitcher put in freezer and then it will be ready for breakfast after milking just scrape the cream off the top and drink. YUMMY!!!!!!!

The answer to #1 is nothing. There is nothing that I would eat that I will drink milk along side with. I'll put it in my cereal, but I won't drink it along side anything.

Wouldn't your answer be everything if your 2nd sentence is true?

MIlk?

Not since a teen.

When you are a child, milk is great. Otherwise, I'd avoid it. Too many health issues for adults although it has its benefits. But those benefits can be found elsewhere. And I don't do cereal - that stopped during college. It is processed food. I thrive on steel cut oats, fresh fruit, low sugar low/no fat yogurt. Instead of milk, green tea, breakfast tea, coffee, lots of water, a bit of wine. Enjoy.

MIlk?

Not since a teen.

When you are a child, milk is great. Otherwise, I'd avoid it. Too many health issues for adults although it has its benefits. But those benefits can be found elsewhere. And I don't do cereal - that stopped during college. It is processed food. I thrive on steel cut oats, fresh fruit, low sugar low/no fat yogurt. Instead of milk, green tea, breakfast tea, coffee, lots of water, a bit of wine. Enjoy.

I still have at least one glass a day, usually with dinner. Never been a fan of tea, smells good but can't stand the taste. Tried coffee, but just goes straight thru me.

I'm a milk drinker. Always drank whole milk growing up but have since switched to 2%. I usually go through a half gallon every week or so, and there is nothing I wouldn't drink it with. I'm a big fan of milk and pizza.

When I was growing up, we had milk with every meal. It did not matter what kind of food was served. If you sat at the dinner table. you were going to drink milk.

I drank 4+ glasses of milk growing up all the way until my early 20's. Since then it's been water or beer with dinner. I only use milk for cereal which I eat maybe twice a month. I do eat cheese almost daily and cottage cheese a couple times a week so I have not abandoned my Wisconsin, America's Dairyland roots!

Good quality milk is Rich in a lot of nutrients very useful when we're Young. I used to drink 2-3 glasses a day, and to this day I feel it's a big part of why I've never broken a bone (depite many accidents, sports, and even getting my leg run over by a minivan).. that said, the milk now may be full of a lot more hormones and chemicals it can actually be worse for younger kids

I can't recall the study but the amount of estrogen pumped into animals we consume is causing issues for boys (Imbalance of test and est) and early development for girls.

Still I be sure to have a big chocolate milk after a round of golf, or when hungover and crushing pancakes and bacon.. soooo damn good

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good quality milk is Rich in a lot of nutrients very useful when we're Young. I used to drink 2-3 glasses a day, and to this day I feel it's a big part of why I've never broken a bone (depite many accidents, sports, and even getting my leg run over by a minivan).. that said, the milk now may be full of a lot more hormones and chemicals it can actually be worse for younger kids

I can't recall the study but the amount of estrogen pumped into animals we consume is causing issues for boys (Imbalance of test and est) and early development for girls.

Still I be sure to have a big chocolate milk after a round of golf, or when hungover and crushing pancakes and bacon.. soooo damn good

Very true about the hormones and such nowadays. Definitely gotta have it with the pancakes and bacon!!!!!!!

So @2BFAST and I where discussing milk with dinner, he says it doesn't pair with the pork steak, mashed taters and steamed broccoli.
I like to have milk (preferably chocolate for me, strawberry for my stepson) with dinner every night, and then later in the evening when I have cookies.

1.So the question is, are there foods that you won't drink milk with?
2. Have you ever had milk straight out of the bulk tank? Glass pitcher put in freezer and then it will be ready for breakfast after milking just scrape the cream off the top and drink. YUMMY!!!!!!!
1 - I think milk (whole or fresh) goes with almost anything. I don't think I could drink it with sour food, but most everything is fair game otherwise.

2 - I've never had it directly out of the bulk tank, but I have bought it from a dairy farm that jugged their own daily. Far as I could tell it already had the cream removed, but i got a pint jar of fresh cream, too.

That stuff was awesome!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't order spaghetti and a glass of milk
No sir, I'm not of that ilk
I would never order milk with my lobster
Never, oh never dear Sir

I don't eat milk with citrusy things, but otherwise, I definitely drink it with darn near everything. It's a great recovery beverage. Y'all out there spending money on protein shakes and I'm just drinking a lot of milk.

The majority of milk is hormone free. Some naturally occurring hormones(bgh?) are in milk because that’s what tells cows to produce milk when they are birthing. Now, it was synthesized in the 90s to get cows to produce more milk and earlier, but most farmers found it caused issues like udder infections. Then, the cow would need antibiotics. All milk that is produced by a cow on antibiotics has to be dumped during and for a while after the medication was given. That costs the farmer thousands of dollars, so giving cows hormones is counter productive a lot of times.

Also, I’ve taken several classes from nutritionists and strength coaches at different universities when I was coaching football and wrestling and chocolate milk is a great post workout drink. Better than anything Gatorade or nutrition stores can offer!

1 - I think milk (whole or fresh) goes with almost anything. I don't think I could drink it with sour food, but most everything is fair game otherwise.

2 - I've never had it directly out of the bulk tank, but I have bought it from a dairy farm that jugged their own daily. Far as I could tell it already had the cream removed, but i got a pint jar of fresh cream, too.

That stuff was awesome!

“Raw” milk is technically illegal to sell. But, if you know someone... it is good! Fresh cream is great.

“Raw” milk is technically illegal to sell. But, if you know someone... it is good! Fresh cream is great.
How so?

Depends on state. Here in Canada however, it's fully illegal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How so?

Oklahoma is one state that allows on farm sales of raw milk.

The issue and why most others disallow it is the microorganisms it can hold.

Oklahoma is one state that allows on farm sales of raw milk.

The issue and why most others disallow it is the microorganisms it can hold.
Cool. I thought I got ahold of some black market fresh milk.

Wish I had known that so I could have simply replied, "No, it's not.", but I don't like arguing stuff unless I know I'm right.

Most states only allow pasteurized milk to be sold to the public. If you get raw milk, make egg nog. It's amazing!

Most states only allow pasteurized milk to be sold to the public. If you get raw milk, make egg nog. It's amazing!
This conversation reminds me that I need to go buy more fresh milk. Freedom tastes good!

Last edited:
There is not a food group on this planet that I would not wash down with Milk. I can only do it if the milk is Ice Cold.

Back