Modern Golf (Share your experience)

Yantropov

Reaction score
Handicap
[video=youtube;E2GLwlJt3-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2GLwlJt3-g[/video]

www.moderngolf.ca

I have an appointment on next Saturday for my first club fitting. SBG had a great experience with them a few months back and I am really looking forward to my driver fitting.

Feel free to share your experience with the rest of us.

Which location are you going to?

Glad to hear you're gonna check them out! Learned a ton about my game and have detailed specs on every one of my clubs now, which has been invaluable information to have.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I looked at SBG's quote and the markups on the shafts seem outrageous.

It's in Canadian dollars... we now pay $1500 for Titleist 716 Ap2's

It's in Canadian dollars... we now pay $150 for Titleist 716 Ap2's

I realize that. $900 CAD = $650 USD for 6 Recoil shafts that retail for $45 each is a substantial markup.

I realize that. $900 CAD = $650 USD for 6 Recoil shafts that retail for $45 each is a substantial markup.

I most likely won't buy my shaft there. I am looking to obtain valuable information on my game so that in the future, I invest in equipment that will fit my game.

So I attended my driver fitting today. Andy did my fitting and I gotta say that I was really happy with their service.

I started by hitting 10 drives with my Titleist driver. Andy then had me try 3 different shafts. The one that showed the most consistent performance was the Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec X-stiff. However, as you can see on the following photos, the difference with my current shafts was very minimal. Andy agreed that I shouldn't spend $500 on the shaft as my current shaft is doing a good job.

Overall I'm very happy with my experience. I will eventually attend for an iron fitting.

speeder%20ts%207.2_zpskyxusnkg.png

ahina%2072%20x_zps77jlot3w.png

Modern Golf (Share your experience)

Nothing like easing your mind and checking that off the list.

Glad to hear your fitting went well! If you are so inclined you can find those Motore Speeder shafts for around $100 USD brand new. Your average results are near identical with what you have now so I'd save your money.

Did they try and fit you into different loft first? Or was it purely a shaft experiment? With your rather nice ball speed I think you are leaving precious carry yards on the table that a loft change or perhaps a head change could open up for you.

Glad to hear your fitting went well! If you are so inclined you can find those Motore Speeder shafts for around $100 USD brand new. Your average results are near identical with what you have now so I'd save your money.

Did they try and fit you into different loft first? Or was it purely a shaft experiment? With your rather nice ball speed I think you are leaving precious carry yards on the table that a loft change or perhaps a head change could open up for you.

He did change my loft at one point. Usually my best contacts, 1.49 smash factor being the top, was a big pull to the right... Where is the best place to find these shafts?

Glad to hear you had a good experience. Sounds like they were as honest with you as with me. They couldn't top my driver, and so they didn't recommend any changes except to settings.
They are. Which is why I bought my irons elsewhere lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

He did change my loft at one point. Usually my best contacts, 1.49 smash factor being the top, was a big pull to the right... Where is the best place to find these shafts?
Rockbottomgolf.com had the Motore Speeder shafts for $100 USD last month + 30% off. Also had the Speeder 757 special editions for that price.

Cheapest I've found is 275 USD without the adapter. The ones on rock bottom golf aren't the same model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back