What is your most fun shot?

Den60

Reaction score
Handicap
13.6 USGA
I am just talking about one that you enjoy hitting not thinking about how it affects your score. One that is just fun for you to play so don't say a 6" tap in for birdie.

For me, I really like playing greenside bunker shots. I can't say I am money on these but I have really improved over the last few months. I told my playing partner last week that and he stared at my like I was crazy. But, for me, it is just a fun shot to play.

Green side bunker is kinda fun but can also make me mad lolol
My favorite shot really isn't from a certain location but my second shot from any par 4 or par 5.

I enjoy playing 40 (ish) yard wedge shots. I know I have the potential to thin it or hit it fat... but I also have the potential to nip it perfectly and watch it skid in and stop just as I viewed it in my mind.

I also enjoy tee shots with a forced carry. Sounds stupid, but I'm far less likely to try and kill the ball. I focus on clean contact and they're usually some of my better drives.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I enjoy playing 40 (ish) yard wedge shots. I know I have the potential to thin it or hit it fat... but I also have the potential to nip it perfectly and watch it skid in and stop just as I viewed it in my mind.

I also enjoy tee shots with a forced carry. Sounds stupid, but I'm far less likely to try and kill the ball. I focus on clean contact and they're usually some of my better drives.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

40 yard wedge shots are killing me right now. I always hit it long. Have to adjust to the new shafts in my wedges. Give me 60 to 100 hundred though and those a fun as well. I guess I just love playing my wedges. I love the weight and feel of the clubs and the fact that I am trying to knock it close.

love the 40-50 yard wedge shot from the fairway where I can take a half swing and run it up to the hole.

Anytime I hit driver or have to hit over a tall tree or thread the needle into a small window between two trees.

Flop shot over the bunker with very little green to work with when I have a fluffy lie. It's so fun to open my 58 up all the way, take a cut at it and watch it go higher than it does farther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 yard wedge shot where my feet are below the ball, I aim right and have a big swooping draw of the ball into the green.
It's the only time I can hit a huge draw like that into a green. Fun to see it happen.

The 25 yd lob shot over a bunker. I love doing this one under pressure. I know I can chunk it, but I've practiced it so much I know I can stick it. I've done it in a match when my opponent and her friends had been yucking it up at my expense through three blowup holes on the front 9. I'd just won a hole and was in this spot and both of us had similar shots. I was down by 3 holes at this point. I tried to get a side bet going for $10 as to who would get closest to the hole. She wouldn't go for it. I stuck it a foot from the pin. "Good thing you didn't take the bet," I said. Then she chunked it into the bunker.

Yeah, that shot.

She didn't give me the hole either.

Most fun? Smashing the crap out of the ball with a perfect driver swing and then watching as it soars high with just the shape I was intending, landing in a narrow fairway or carrying a hazard.

4 Iron to the green or a 100 yard wedge shot.

I think I have a couple.

3/4-1/2 anything shots. I love seeing if I can feel the perfect distance out.

Hitting shots above or below trees. Two different skills that if executed correctly don't have a lot of things that feel as good.

The flop shot anywhere. Its a shot most of my friends cant pull off so I get to show off by using it

The green side bunker is one of my faves. I know how to play it and have so much confidence now. Always fun to see the looks on the other guys faces when I make it look fairly easy.

220-250 second shot to a par 5. There's nothing that gets the juices going more than going for a par 5 in two. And while I'm amp'd up a bit, to do it right I have to stay calm. It doesn't always make it to the green but when it does I'm walking on air (and having to get down quick to try the eagle putt).

Any good approach shot which hits the green. It's so fun the moment you have that realization that it's going to get on, and the walk up knowing you've got a good shot at par is fun.

Any shot that involves my wedges, be it a full swing hitting it up high and knowing its going on the green or a delicate chip to get the ball on the green and just running towards the hole.

Shots around trees or anything that demands moving the ball a ton, those are always fun. A good flop shot is a close second and a distant 3rd is a hybrid on a 220 yard par 3 inside 8 feet.

For me, its a big drive. Nothing feel better than pulling the big stick out of the bag, crushing the ball with it and taking a nice, long walk down the fairway.

I actually quite enjoy the cut 5 iron around/through the trees. Sadly, I need this shot more than I'd like to admit, but pulling it off, which I seem to excel at, is loads of fun.

Nice long perfect drive!

Any iron shot that is not a full swing and you judge the distant perfectly and put one in tight. I don't see it much but I like it when I do!

I love the high cut with a long iron, it's just a money shot for me that get's me jump started

The green side 2 skip and stop. I practice this shot a lot. Very handy when there is green to work with.

Back