PING G Crossover Preview

I don't know why but I really like the look of these, I like a 5 would be a great addition as a transition between hybos and irons!

This is an intriguing club. I love the fact that it's not a driving iron and looking at it, I get the feel it'd be solid out of the rough when needed.

Are they trying to position themselves as having created a new category of club? Is the term 'hybrid' already outdated and un-cool? Don't get me wrong, I love the look of this club and I do hope it performs well. There are just so many new-category type clubs out there. Hybrid, driving iron, utility club, rescue, 2 different crossovers....

Interesting club. I could see these being used with the I irons as a nice change of pace from a hybrid

I like the look of this one,very sharp looking

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I like the look. Interested to see how they perform. The whole crossover part to me is interesting that they would market it as such.

I don't personally have a use for this type of club, but I could see how it would fall into certain peoples bags. Good to see continuing innovation from companies.

I would imagine working in R&D for golf equipment manufacturers is a fun business.

Of all the new G series, these are the most interesting.

I like the look. Interested to see how they perform. The whole crossover part to me is interesting that they would market it as such.

Yeah, this is interesting to me. They are marketing it as if it is a whole new club category which I guess I don't get based on the pictures I have seen so far.

Yeah, this is interesting to me. They are marketing it as if it is a whole new club category which I guess I don't get based on the pictures I have seen so far.

I took that to mean a whole new category for them, as I think that style of club is represented in other brand's lines - the Apex hybrids, Mizuno Fli His.

I have to give these a try. I love Ping irons so the looks are not a problem.

Would like to give these a try.

These look stealth! I like it. Can't wait to hear more Jman. Will you be testing these?

These are really neat looking. Probably not for me, but I'd love to get a few hacks in with it.

I'd give it a go. I typically go for hybrids over driving irons, but I'm open to trying anything.

Interesting looks for sure...would like to see it in hand first.

Will have to wait to see the in hand photos, but so far they looks super good IMO. As far as a spot in my bag I don't know if I would have one. I would love to hit them and give it a shot but just don't see this as a club for me. But on a tech side I am really really intrigued by these as I need the extra launch most of the time.

This maybe what I'm looking for to replace the hybo in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ping homer in me wants to buy this/these immediately. I'm super pumped to see how these could work for me.

I prefer iron type hybrids so this is right up my alley. Definitely looking forward to a demo session to how it performs for me.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Uhhhhhh yes! I'll take one in 24° in R flex please. Pending feel that looks to be right up my alley.

I'm sorta surprised by the price tag on these. To me they look more like an iron. $149 tops. $229 seems pretty steep.

Anyone know if these are a hollow body construction like the Altitudes ?

I'm sorta surprised by the price tag on these. To me they look more like an iron. $149 tops. $229 seems pretty steep.

Anyone know if these are a hollow body construction like the Altitudes ?
Yes, appears to be hollow body construction.

If this is a better looking version of the G15/G20 hybrids, I could see people loving this.

This was exactly my first thought. Those things were stupid easy to hit but god awful ugly. Im very intrigued by these. Definitely going to hit them when they come out. Probably wouldnt go for the 18 degree as i definitely like having 1 traditional hybrid, but the 21 and 24 are very intriguing.

Will definitely be making a trip down to the golf shop when they come out to try. These looks really good.

Back