Mother Sues School Over Child Not Making Soccer Team

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sign of the times.

I suspect we will see similar suits as time goes on for schools who make cuts. So stupid.

Ridiculous. I hope the judge tosses it and makes the parents pay for the school's legal fees. If they have enough younger kids to fill the JV team that's tough luck. Adversity is good for you.

The lawsuit is stupid, but so is the age restriction. I am intrigued by their claim...there's a part of me that thinks they may win.

Can't imagine their son isn't catching a ration of crap from his classmates...

Can't imagine their son isn't catching a ration of crap from his classmates...

Yeah, this is weird to me - I think it’s a waste of funds/time but it’s a team sport I feel like if the kid gets on the team the crap from others is going to be worse than the “emotional” toll of not being up to snuff

I do get politics too as some shady/crappy kids made teams I played on growing up vs kids who actually would have helped us

......I wouldn't want to go to school ever again if I was that kid.

Yeah, this is weird to me - I think it’s a waste of funds/time but it’s a team sport I feel like if the kid gets on the team the crap from others is going to be worse than the “emotional” toll of not being up to snuff

I do get politics too as some shady/crappy kids made teams I played on growing up vs kids who actually would have helped us

That's a good point. Even if they do win, does that kid really want to play on that team after? If he really loves soccer, he'll double down and find a way to get better so he can make the team next year. I'm sure there's some factor at play here we're not aware of but on the surface this doesn't make sense to me at all.

can't they just give the kid a participation trophy?

....rather lets just go back 20 years and go "your kid sucks, work harder"

Entitlement. This kid will grow up thinking that is the answer every time he doesn't get his way. Suck it up, go home and work harder so you can make it next year.

Having read the article with the general outline of the suit, the family may win. The youth may get a try-out to make the JVs, which he will predictable not make the team.

How is someone supposed to learn their strengths and weaknesses if they fail at something and mommy sues so they can be on a team where they don't belong? How about learning from our failures, and trying new things until we find where our strengths are, and then capitalizing on those strengths. This stuff makes my blood boil.

Let me add, or taking the failure as motivation to try harder, practice more and come back next year and try out again.

How is someone supposed to learn their strengths and weaknesses if they fail at something and mommy sues so they can be on a team where they don't belong? How about learning from our failures, and trying new things until we find where our strengths are, and then capitalizing on those strengths. This stuff makes my blood boil.

Let me add, or taking the failure as motivation to try harder, practice more and come back next year and try out again.

If you heard some of the stories my wife brings home regarding kids parents and trying to get them better grades, make excuses for bad work, etc etc.... You'd go cross eyed.

Entitlement is a scary thing.

Michael Jordan didnt make his JV basketball team. Could you imagine if his parents sued, rather than him working harder? The whole world could be different as Nike Air would cease to exist.

If you heard some of the stories my wife brings home regarding kids parents and trying to get them better grades, make excuses for bad work, etc etc.... You'd go cross eyed.

Entitlement is a scary thing.

I can only imagine. There were a lot of factors that went into the decision not to have children, this was a big part of it.

Michael Jordan didnt make his JV basketball team. Could you imagine if his parents sued, rather than him working harder? The whole world could be different as Nike Air would cease to exist.

So you are saying even Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest basketball player of all time didn't DESERVE to be on the JV team? I call BS! :alien: Someone should find the coach or school who did that to him and sue them.

Speaking from experience as a sit on my school board, we get sued all the time for frivolous actions. In almost all of them we settle because the cost to argue is more.

Children not making sport teams is something that has become a problem for many programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he should just take up golf. Or gawf. I played soccer through college, kinda wishing I started golfing sooner in life.

I’m as inclusive as it gets but FFS this parent needs to take a step back and realize what she is doing to her poor child. Good grief, some people really should just not reproduce.

This is just ridicules!!!!!!!

I’m as inclusive as it gets but FFS this parent needs to take a step back and realize what she is doing to her poor child. Good grief, some people really should just not reproduce.

Isnt the entire idea behind competitive sports exclusive over inclusive? There are hundreds of less competitive places to play for everybody, right? Competitive sports in theory selects the best and tries to win.
I feel like I should sue Harvard, because they didn't let me in.
The entire aspect is JV means Junior Varsity, its implied that its age appropriate.

She isn't suing because her son didn't make varsity.

Don't create strawmen.

Back