OMG, bad child memories! My would tell us it was steak! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. This is the one thing I can’t stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liver is the second most disgusting thing I have eaten. Whale blubber while in Norway was the worst.

Have to ask why you where trying whale blubber?

It’s been quite awhile but you’re darn right I would eat it. I’m have breakfast at a local diner tomorrow, if it’s on the menu I’m ordering it.

Have to ask why you where trying whale blubber?

I was in the Marines and we were at a Norwegian Army base. They had it on the "buffet" in gravy. I have often wondered if they put it out there just to see if we would actually eat it.

Just the smell of it is enough to send me packing. Hard eff no!!

So pretty much the consensus is a hard no on the liver and onions. :D

Hard pass

The only time I could stomach and even enjoyed a dinner of liver and onions was in the Army. I was so tired and hungry that day I would have eaten a leather shoe. Both of my parents loved liver and onions but I will never eat it again.

Love it.

Plenty of onions, mash,cabbage and thick gravy.We eat it once a month, lambs liver is best.

My hunting group shot a mulie doe on the weekend and we ate the heart last night. Tonight I will eat the liver with my parents since no one else wants to try it and my parents love Liver & Onions.
Will report back to see if I have to stop at McDonalds on my way home to find a second meal.

My hunting group shot a mulie doe on the weekend and we ate the heart last night. Tonight I will eat the liver with my parents since no one else wants to try it and my parents love Liver & Onions.
Will report back to see if I have to stop at McDonalds on my way home to find a second meal.

The heart is always the first thing we eat also. Very good meal.

The heart is always the first thing we eat also. Very good meal.

Totally! Made some tacos with it. Very good to eat, but funny how some people just can't stomach it because of knowing what it is. If you didn't tell people that they were eating heart taco, they'd be none the wiser.

Liver and onions reminds me of my grandfather. That's about the only good thing I can say about it.

Liver and onions reminds me of my grandfather. That's about the only good thing I can say about it.

If it is cooked properly and doesn't get dried out it can be quite good. I little over done and it can be bad.

When liver and onions are mentioned... I can imagine the smell and it makes me gag. I hate liver and onions. The taste is terrible. The texture is awful. And the smell is worse than both the taste and texture. Nothing about liver and onions is appealing.

Last edited:
When liver and onions are mentioned... I can imagine the smell and it makes me gag. I hate liver and onions. The taste is terrible. The texture is awful. And the smell is worse than both the taste and texture. Noting about liver and onions is appealing.

If you think the smell of liver and onions is bad, my father used to love to eat kidney stew and the first thing you do with kidney is literally boil the "piss" out of it. Liver is the 2nd worst smell!

f03d481a92cdf6ec4badd01f38bdec59.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had the liver & onions last night. I honestly don't know what smell you guys are talking about, there wasn't anything bad in the air.
Lightly floured and a sprinkling of salt + pepper + smoked paprika, seared very quickly in strips, then finished over some caramelized onions.
I will say that this was not my most favourite thing to eat in the world, but am glad to say that I tried it and I can say that I now know what it's like, instead of before when I hadn't had liver in 20 years and just being like "ew it's liver."

There is absolutely a happy temperature for liver where it is least livery, and as it gets past that temperature and begins to cool down on the plate it gets a bit strong. I have another pound to use so I might experiment with incorporating a small amount into a meat sauce to add some depth of flavour and heartiness.

One of my favorite meals. Love my mom's liver and onions with rice and gravy.

Back