UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - February 2016

Pretty excited about this one.
Totally different from last year and really anything THP has done to date.

Pretty excited about this one.
Totally different from last year and really anything THP has done to date.

You and me both. It really is something different.....we've done so much testing over the years but that has pretty much been gear sent out "as is" or I'm this flex, etc.

While I've been lucky enough to be fitted numerous times that has pretty much been a fitting into "which one of these 3-5 shafts fits you best" with a given club head.

Now we have the opportunity to take our clubs in there which we have a good idea how they perform for us and learn about shafts and then see if we can be fitted into something even better than what we already have. Many of us play whatever stock is without knowing the true potential....this could really be a game-changer and unlock that potential.

And the best part is....we have been known to be full of surprises.

THP is the only place I like surprises in my life. Real excited about this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to sit his one out as I will be headed to Vegas that weekend. Two luck THPrs will get a great experience just for sharing inforamation.

Understatement......I want this!

This is cool! I'll throw my name in.
Driver - Fubuki ZT 65 Stiff, it was the stock shaft in my Bertha, and through eye testing a few shafts in my Optiforce head, it has won out, so far...
Fairways - 4w has a UST Proforce V2 in stiff. It came with the club I purchased off another THP'er and just flat out performs! I've been thinking of matching the driver shaft to it.
Heavenwood - stock Bassara stiff, it came with it and works.
4h - stock Aldila blue stiff, again it pairs well.
Thanks for the opportunity!

Driver - Taylormade R580XD with reg flex shaft
3W - Callaway BB Steelhead Plus w/strong flex
4i-PW - stock steel shafts on Double Diamond clubs
SW - Nike Sumo - stock steel shaft

My driver and SW were slightly used clubs I purchased to round out my bag after a friend gave me a set of irons and 3W. I've used this set since beginning to learn the game in May. I'm excited to continue to learn about the science of the club and shaft combo and how minor changes can greatly affect my game. I'm also looking forward to getting a professional fitting in the near future, so I can really let the clubs help me improve instead of fighting them.

Besides, it's just down the road.

Not sure if this is closed, but the dates just opened up for me, and flights aren't too bad. So, here's my entry. If it's late, there's always next time, but I have a feeling this is going to be a special experience.

Here's what I've got in the bag:

Driver: Diamana S+ - This is the stock shaft in the driver I'm playing. I picked the driver up off the rack, and I was making better contact than I was with my current driver, so I picked it up
Fairway: Kuro Kage Black - Again, stock shaft. Had it in the fairway during the Morgan Cup and hit it well, so it's remained in the bag.
Hybrid: Stock Cleveland 588 Matrix shaft - Again, stock. Hit it great from swing #1, so I'm not messing with a good thing.
Irons: DG Pro S300. The Mizuno Shaft Optimizer fit me into shafts in the 120g range. I tried a bunch, and had best results with the DG Pro. Love the height in the long irons without getting the ball too high in the short irons.

Definitely not closed, glad to see you make the entry bud!

Driver - Fubuki Speeder 565 Stiff, I was fitted into this shaft at my last fitting.
Fairway 3 wood Aldila blue stiff, Wanted a higher launching shaft
Heavenwood - stock Bassara stiff, it came with it and works great.
4h - Recoil shaft that came with it.
Irons Stock Tour 90s in my XR Pros

Would love the opportunity to win and learn more about shafts. So much to learn.
Thank you THP and UST Mayima for the chance to win and further our knowledge.

It would be great to be professionally fitted by the pros at UST.

Driver has Fubuki zt
Irons have Recoil 95 f4 soft stepped.

I would be most interested in seeing what I should be playing in these.

Glad to see a few more entries rolling in for this one. Hope to see more Texans going after this....it is FREE after-all!!

Very excited to hear who is able to go on this trip. I think it is going to be epic!

Glad to see a few more entries rolling in for this one. Hope to see more Texans going after this....it is FREE after-all!!
BUMP, how crazy is that, FREE!!! Still hasn't sunk in, what an incredible experience, all you have to do is show up!

Final bump (from me) for anyone that maybe missed this on Friday and/or over the weekend. Don't miss out on a fantastic opportunity.

Good chance to get to see what all goes into producing a quality shaft. And get some great swag and have a great time as well.

Driver: Project X Handcrafted Grandaddy LZ18 7.0 / Speeder 665 stiff
Irons: True Temper XP 95 S300

I'm looking forward to getting some good time on the course and range with the Speeder, but the PX Handcrafted with my Big Bertha Alpha has been a great combination. I won it in a THP contest last year and I was worried about the 7.0 being too stiff, but it swings well for me and as long as the rest of my swing is decent, the ball will end up in a good place.

The XP 95s are fairly new to me, but I've enjoyed them in my XR Pros. I wanted to challenge myself with my new clubs and shafts because I felt that they would be a good fit for me. I feel like I get a good ball flight and a little extra distance over my previous clubs. I took the online fitting on shaftfit.com a few weeks ago and was fit to these so I may have made the correct choice when I got me irons in October!

Driver shaft: Fujikura Fuel 60S - went through an extensive fitting in late 2014, and at the time, this was the best all around performing shaft in my driver of choice
Iron shafts: Primary irons, right now, have Recoil 110 Prototypes. The dispersion, both for distance and left/right, is fantastic.

BUMP for the largest understatement ever!!! THP always has surprises, and they are always amazing!!!

Driver shaft is Aldila Rogue 60 R. I was "fitted" for this big box store style. But, it did perform much better than the stock Speeder shaft. FW is Callaway stock graphite for the XR. IRon are stock X2 Hot graphite regular. The irons and FW are off the rack.

Good luck to all that enter! Not in the cards for me due to work conflict with dates.

Can't believe I can't enter this at this time. But still excited for whomever is selected. I'm really looking forward to following.

Can't believe I can't enter this at this time. But still excited for whomever is selected. I'm really looking forward to following.

Eddie, don't you live right next door?

Back