The Great Big Bertha Experiment: Two Sliding Weights

JB is correct. For the added forgiveness you need the weights directly in the back and as close as possible. Furyk, Jrod and Harry all have taken the weight from the sole out and replaced it with the weight from the ladies driver because its lighter so adding the second APW weight doesnt add too much to the total weight of the head

And Kisner. And maybe more pro's that I haven't noticed yet

JB is correct. For the added forgiveness you need the weights directly in the back and as close as possible. Furyk, Jrod and Harry all have taken the weight from the sole out and replaced it with the weight from the ladies driver because its lighter so adding the second APW weight doesnt add too much to the total weight of the head
Interesting using the ladies weight, makes total sense, but wouldn't have thought of that as an option!

I may have to give this a shot as well. Some big names on that list.

Will the additional weight result in higher launch? And what's the weight difference between the men's and ladies weights?

Desperately want to try this...really wish there was a better way to get a second weight than from another GBB head.

The two weights touching in the center love CG further back which can result in more forgiveness.

So adding forgiveness is binary? If I want a touch of fade bias, I give up on forgiveness by having the weights off-center?

The lighter screw weight is an interesting idea, will see if I can get a lighter weight in there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Desperately want to try this...really wish there was a better way to get a second weight than from another GBB head.
I've been wanting to do this for some time, but couldn't figure out how to get an additional weight. My old head cracking solved that for me.

I think a few of the zoo crew members were doing this. They called it "animal style"

I haven't even broken mine in yet and you guys already have me thinking about adding a second sliding weight! haha Will be interested to see how this goes.

Looks like Callaway could make TENS of dollars by selling extra weights to the people in this thread. Just sayin'...

Wouldn't this be the same as adding lead tape to the back?

Curious. How much does one of the weights weigh? I recently added 8g to my driver and swear it weakened the shaft to where it felt like it was an A flex. Started spraying balls left and right.

Wouldn't this be the same as adding lead tape to the back?

I was thinking about in terms of being able to place one weight behind the center area of the track (behind the contact point) and one towards the heel for a little bit of draw weight bias.

Curious. How much does one of the weights weigh? I recently added 8g to my driver and swear it weakened the shaft to where it felt like it was an A flex. Started spraying balls left and right.

I think someone said the stock weights are 10 grams. I could be wrong, though.

I think someone said the stock weights are 10 grams. I could be wrong, though.

10g is like moving to a 3w in terms of head weight. Are ya'll tipping the shaft ?

10g is like moving to a 3w in terms of head weight. Are ya'll tipping the shaft ?

No if you read the thread it mentions swapping the weight out for 2 ladies weights as they are about half of one weight for the standard GBB head

I don't have a scale handy, but the GBB driver head with the two sliding weights in the back feels meaningfully lighter than my 815 Alpha 3w head.

I don't have a scale handy, but the GBB driver head with the two sliding weights in the back feels meaningfully lighter than my 815 Alpha 3w head.

All I was getting at is clubs usually have around a 10g progression.

I weighed a GBB head which was 194g. Add 5-6g for the adapter and its 200g. Add a 2nd weight (10g assuming the men's weight) and you are at 210g which is pretty much the std 3w head weight. General shaft tipping guidelines are 1" of tipping for 3w head weight.

All I was getting at is clubs usually have around a 10g progression.

I weighed a GBB head which was 194g. Add 5-6g for the adapter and its 200g. Add a 2nd weight (10g assuming the men's weight) and you are at 210g which is pretty much the std 3w head weight. General shaft tipping guidelines are 1" of tipping for 3w head weight.
Fair point, thanks for the info.

I wonder if any of the other guys with two slider weights tipped their shafts?

No they did not.

No because they aren't increasing headweight. They are replacing the 10G with 2 5Gs

So are they playing 2 ladies weights or a mens and ladies for a total of 15g?
It's interesting that playing them both in the same spot equals more forgiveness. Tayloremade touted with the R15 that you wanted to move their two weights to each end for max forgiveness. Then again their weight track was in the front and not in the rear like the GBB.

No because they aren't increasing headweight. They are replacing the 10G with 2 5Gs

Maybe i am getting the posts mixed up but it was mentioned earlier that those playing two weights were putting them together for a lower more rearward weight and/or max forgiveness. If they are using 2 5g weights together, what would be the difference of just using 1 10g weight in the same spot?

Maybe i am getting the posts mixed up but it was mentioned earlier that those playing two weights were putting them together for a lower more rearward weight and/or max forgiveness. If they are using 2 5g weights together, what would be the difference of just using 1 10g weight in the same spot?
There are two separate weight components. One is the sliding weight in the track, which I have two of.

The other is the screw weight that screws into the middle of the sole of the driver. This screw weight is what people have replaced with the women's version. That's how I understand it, at least.

There are two separate weight components. One is the sliding weight in the track, which I have two of.

The other is the screw weight that screws into the middle of the sole of the driver. This screw weight is what people have replaced with the women's version. That's how I understand it, at least.

Now that I get. Swap out the front one for a Lighter one and add more to the rear. Essentially make it like a Ping or Cobra with all the weight low and back.
Hmmmmm.

Back