Thinking about the Ogio Silencer Cart bag, what are your thoughts?

Wiskey

GRINT 12.7
Reaction score
Handicap
12.7 Grint
Hello everyone!

The pockets on my very old golf bag are starting to rip, so I'm thinking its time to upgrade. I hate that the clubs stick together when pulling out of my 6 way divider bag, so I'm definitely going 14 way, but I came across the Ogio Silencer cart bag that keeps the clubs from banging against each other and I'm intrigued!

Does anyone use one? How do you like it?

Thank you,
Whiskey

I had the first gen cart bag and loved it. I decided a stand bag was better for me so my last two bags were the Silencer Stand. It’s almost time for a new bag for me and it will absolutely be another Silencer stand.

Each has lasted roughly 2 years and still had life left in them when I replaced them. There is plenty of space/pockets in the bags, and the design has just about everything you could need. The only downside I find is that they are a little heavier than other options. But they keep your clubs from banging around against each other very well.

Been using one since they were first introduced. Bought every cart model since. I really like it, mostly for the silencer feature. I buy mostly forged irons and I’m kinda OCD about bag chatter/marks.
Over the years, they improved the bag in some ways but took some steps back in others. The older versions were very heavy but durable, while the newer ones are lighter weight but a bit flimsy feeling.

Before buying, you may want to await the THP Ogio event to see what is coming. Sounds like some incredible stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one early this year and love it. Like DNice said, I would hold off to see what is coming out or possibly getting last years at a reduced price. My only complaint is the lack of really good colors.

Thanks for the comments all! I heard some distressing news. I've struggled to find one of these, and the website is sold out. I spoke with someone who is a Calloway staffer and he said that Ogio was bought by Calloway and they are discontinuing the silencer line.

I'm disappointed to say the least. I'm going to do my best to find one while I can.

Whiskey

Maybe they meant the cart bag and not the stand. According to the Ogio website, the Silencer is their most popular stand bag. It would seem pretty foolish to discontinue it altogether. Plus, Callaway/Ogio would alienate a lot of customers in doing so.

That being said, Budget Golf acts like they have them in stock. It may be worth calling them tomorrow to double check.

https://www.budgetgolf.com/ogio-sil...mz8AFERPO1CiYZyaAbJW8If0TbVsJee0aAodfEALw_wcB

I spoke with someone who is a Calloway staffer and he said that Ogio was bought by Calloway and they are discontinuing the silencer line.

I called Ogio/Callaway just to see what they would tell me and they said the Silencer line is going away. I politely told him I'm going away as a customer unless something with similar/better tech is released by them.

I called Ogio/Callaway just to see what they would tell me and they said the Silencer line is going away. I politely told him I'm going away as a customer unless something with similar/better tech is released by them.

Lol.... fingers crossed they have something similar. I feel like a nerd with iron head covers...

Lol.... fingers crossed they have something similar. I feel like a nerd with iron head covers...

I'm your geek, I have covers on my 765's with about 90 rounds on them and you would never know it. Hate bag chatter..
Disappointed if they discontinue the bag as I need a new bag and wanted to go that route this year.
Maybe @JB has some insight on this.

Kind of crazy to think that we are giving away a trip where the winner can address any products they want directly with Ogio, right? haha

Hate bag chatter..
Disappointed if they discontinue the bag as I need a new bag and wanted to go that route this year.

Same/same. There isn't really much else out there worth a flip and my current Silencer stand is starting to show some signs of wear. I guess I'll be driving this one until the wheels fall off.

Thanks for the advice all! I found one and played my first round with it today. Man I love this bag!!! I really hope Calloway comes out with something like it and they don't just kill the idea for good. Either way I'm set for the next few years while they sort out what they want to do.

Whiskey

Thanks for the comments all! I heard some distressing news. I've struggled to find one of these, and the website is sold out. I spoke with someone who is a Calloway staffer and he said that Ogio was bought by Calloway and they are discontinuing the silencer line.

I'm disappointed to say the least. I'm going to do my best to find one while I can.

Whiskey

The Silencer line is one I've had an eye on for a few months. This is a bummer to hear. We'll see what they have to offer next month.

Going through some old threads over the weekend, I saw a mention of Silencer as far back as 2009. That's a well-established product line they are doing away with.

Apparently I came late to this party, but I have a silencer cart bag and love it. I find that someones it can be a bit temperamental about the angle of the club when holding the club in place, but you get the hang of it pretty quick. Like many have said, I gout mine from budget golf at a really great price.

Sad to hear it is seemingly going away. As dark finish on clubs becomes more and more popular (looking at you Cobra Forge Tec Black, Ben Hogan Ft. Worth Black, Callaway Steelhead XR pros, Black 790s.....etc) you would think that the silencer would become more popular and not be eliminated. My current clubs are the Steelhead XR Pros and the sole and face look great for the amount of use they get, but the backs are really beat up from all the bag ware and chatter. The silencer is almost a must have if you have dark finish irons.

The Silencer line is one I've had an eye on for a few months. This is a bummer to hear. We'll see what they have to offer next month.

Going through some old threads over the weekend, I saw a mention of Silencer as far back as 2009. That's a well-established product line they are doing away with.

It would be awesome if you could ask the Ogio folks if they have considered the rise in dark club finishes with their new offerings, and how their products can best guard against bag chatter which usually damages the finish.

It would be awesome if you could ask the Ogio folks if they have considered the rise in dark club finishes with their new offerings, and how their products can best guard against bag chatter which usually damages the finish.

Will do. I'm open to any ideas for questions.

Back