Chad D.

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, poo. Picked up a new Approach S-60 today, and nothing but rain in the forecast.
Looks like I’m stuck playing with it around the house this weekend, but looking forward to learning more about the on the course as soon as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Nice
image.png

Well, poo. Picked up a new Approach S-60 today, and nothing but rain in the forecast.
Looks like I’m stuck playing with it around the house this weekend, but looking forward to learning more about the on the course as soon as possible!

It’s a great watch. Hope you enjoy it!

I was able to get 9 in this morning, and only got a little damp. Pretty sad, as I’ve lived in western Oregon my entire life, but hate rain...

The watch was awesome! The more input I provide for it, the harder it works for me. It’ll take some rounds, but it should start to learn my game a bit more, and need less input.

It took me a bit to get the hang of the ins and outs, but I think it should be a lot of fun to let it track my rounds. Being able to drag my finger around to determine a good layup was sweet!!!

I did use my rangefinder a few times, to confirm what the watch was telling me. It was spot on...

Glad you found something you liked. Accuracy sounds like it is working.

Glad you found something you liked. Accuracy sounds like it is working.

Yeah yeah! I’d been resistant to the smart watch/gps for no real good reason. I’ve been using a hunting type laser rangefinder, which isn’t great at picking up the flags very well.
I’ve been talking myself into a new golf oriented rangefinder, and was ready to fork out the dough, until I played a round with a buddy last weekend. He was using a Garmin Fenix 5, which is the Mac Daddy of the type. He is a multi-sport nut, and makes use of the additional features that the Approach series lacks. After learning a bit more of the functionality and seeing how easy they are, I started to change my mind.
I chose the S60 for the touch screen, color display, and the fact that it does so many other things. Let’s be honest. I’m getting fatter as I become more “distinguished”, and keeping tabs on my fitness isn’t a horrible idea!
For about the same price of a good rangefinder, I’m in. Is it a perfect replacement for the rangefinder? Nope. It doesn’t do slope measurement. Is it pretty close to awesome? Yup. The distances are super close, and it does so much more. I like it!

Garmin S60 for sale. Cheap!

Reasons for selling: it’s mean to me. It’s brutally honest. It keeps “real” score. Greens in regulation??? Whaaaaatttt??? No way was that drive only 178 yards. That was 300, EASY! How many putts? No way did I really putt that many times!!!

Ok. Enough joking... This thing is so cool. I spend much less time monkeying with it than I do a rangefinder, and am getting some great feedback from it. I’ve played 3 rounds on three courses in the last week, and it’s sweet.

Anyone know when this will be updated? 2+ year old design now.

Back