DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just scheduled a driver fitting at Club Champion for this Saturday while they have 33% off. Anyone been their lately?

I have a G30 SF-Tec which I want to keep...but I want to get the best shaft that fits me. I have been horrible with the driver this year & need to do something about it.

BobGeorge make sure you ask for Bubbha at CC for your fitting. Good guy who know his stuff. Get your numbers but it will most likely be cheaper to buy somewhere else.

We played together at Potomac Shores.

BobGeorge make sure you ask for Bubbha at CC for your fitting. Good guy who know his stuff. Get your numbers but it will most likely be cheaper to buy somewhere else.

We played together at Potomac Shores.

Thanks for the info. Cheaper even just to buy the optimal shaft? I want to keep the same head.

Played Saturday at our club with Diveguy (Bob), he only shot a 75 on a really wet course! We had a great time. We still want to get an outing together at our course this spring! We had a great time at Whiskey Creek!

Imagine my surprise when I pull into the parking lot at my home course here at Fort Bragg, NC and see this. A truck from my home town, 300 miles away, playing golf. I looked at the door sign and it didn't click immediately, but for some reason it made me do a double-take. It's not like Culpeper is a huge place to begin with.

Cool Rob. How is the swing feeling?
It felt inconsistent..Ha. But that' the life of a high handicapper!! Definitely had some good ones, and some stinkers. One funny story, T2GRN18 was watching me hit when we were having a closet to the pin shootout on this flag at about 80 yards. After I swung, I kind of just wiped my club face in disgust. Kevin was staring down the flag, and asked "Where did that one go, I didn't see it" I said, "shanked dead right" he just replied "oh"

But that's the great things about THP'ers we can laugh at ourselves and not be embarrassed to hit a bad shot in front of another one, as we know it happens to all of us

Played Saturday at our club with Diveguy (Bob), he only shot a 75 on a really wet course! We had a great time. We still want to get an outing together at our course this spring! We had a great time at Whiskey Creek!

Put it together buddy. I'm sure we will have plenty of interest

Played Saturday at Compass Pointe...Turned out to be a real nice day and the course was in good condition....

Played well but couldn't get any putts to drop!

Sure would take this weather for the rest of the winter but I don't think its going to last..

Joe

Only 75? Putter must have been cold. Glad you guys had a great time.

Had a great time with BIGBALL on Saturday and then Lynchburg14 and cnosil yesterday. Awesome weekend for golf in January.

Looking forward to the DMV spring flings!!!

Anyone get out this weekend? I played Saturday at Bulle Rock.

Got out for a pretty wet round at Pleasant Valley. Course was in good shape, just so wet, to the point that anything other than a perfect strike was an adventure. Played like crap on the back but brought it back in a little on the front (they were reversed). Other than 1 3 putt, my short game was actually pretty on point. If I can stop taking penalties, I might be able to get back to some reasonable scores.

I just scheduled a driver fitting at Club Champion for this Saturday while they have 33% off. Anyone been their lately?

I have a G30 SF-Tec which I want to keep...but I want to get the best shaft that fits me. I have been horrible with the driver this year & need to do something about it.

Let us know how it goes. I'm in the market for a full bag fitting. I'd drive to Rockville for a good fitter with a large selection.

Bob has serious game! Can't wait until we can have another big meet up!

Only 75? Putter must have been cold. Glad you guys had a great time.

Had a great time with BIGBALL on Saturday and then Lynchburg14 and cnosil yesterday. Awesome weekend for golf in January.

Looking forward to the DMV spring flings!!!

Just sold a Metabo Greg - could be an omen!

Just sold a Metabo Greg - could be an omen!
Grinding grinding grinding.... I'll take all the signs I can get.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

P018-1C.gif

Here you go - keep grinding bro!

Played Saturday at Compass Pointe...Turned out to be a real nice day and the course was in good condition....

Played well but couldn't get any putts to drop!

Sure would take this weather for the rest of the winter but I don't think its going to last..

Joe
Good to hear Joe, we need to meet up out here one day. Let's make it happen if the weather holds and maybe drag another one or two DMV guys out as well.

It felt inconsistent..Ha. But that' the life of a high handicapper!! Definitely had some good ones, and some stinkers. One funny story, T2GRN18 was watching me hit when we were having a closet to the pin shootout on this flag at about 80 yards. After I swung, I kind of just wiped my club face in disgust. Kevin was staring down the flag, and asked "Where did that one go, I didn't see it" I said, "shanked dead right" he just replied "oh"

But that's the great things about THP'ers we can laugh at ourselves and not be embarrassed to hit a bad shot in front of another one, as we know it happens to all of us
Absolutely man! Can't wait till we can swing the sticks together buddy

Got out for a pretty wet round at Pleasant Valley. Course was in good shape, just so wet, to the point that anything other than a perfect strike was an adventure. Played like crap on the back but brought it back in a little on the front (they were reversed). Other than 1 3 putt, my short game was actually pretty on point. If I can stop taking penalties, I might be able to get back to some reasonable scores.

Let us know how it goes. I'm in the market for a full bag fitting. I'd drive to Rockville for a good fitter with a large selection.

I can understand the penalties point lol.

My appt got changed to 1/25. I am happy with my irons but just want to look at the driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good to hear Joe, we need to meet up out here one day. Let's make it happen if the weather holds and maybe drag another one or two DMV guys out as well.

Sounds good Rob....I try to get there either Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather...

Sounds good Rob....I try to get there either Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather...
My weekends through March ate pretty busy (basketball) .

But once outing season starts (April) I should be here quite a few Saturdays.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

My weekends through March ate pretty busy (basketball) .

But once outing season starts (April) I should be here quite a few Saturdays.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Always hate it when work and outside responsibilities get in the way of golf.

April will be here before we know it... warm weather, daylight savings time and course work after work, DMV get togethers, tour of golfinnuts' mancave...

Absolutely man! Can't wait till we can swing the sticks together buddy

Your avatar is, ahhhhh, interesting. Everything OK buddy? :D Or have the students hacked your login?

Always hate it when work and outside responsibilities get in the way of golf.

April will be here before we know it... warm weather, daylight savings time and course work after work, DMV get togethers, tour of golfinnuts' mancave...
No doubt!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your avatar is, ahhhhh, interesting. Everything OK buddy? :D Or have the students hacked your login?

Haha worse lost a Fantasy Hockey bet with Moose and he was brutal... Everything is good just crazy with work and the twins. I actually played golf in December and in shorts! I hope all is well with you buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back