XXIO Prime Driver

I have never tried the fairway wood from the Prime line. Tested the irons many times and love them.
Was wondering about the other clubs too after checking xxio website. Good to hear other clubs are lovable too. Really want to swing them if they are in my local shops. My dad is driver shopping now and I told him he should give the Prime a go. :banana:

Without question, I can tell that the driver is an absolute performer. But boy that $800 price tag is roughly double of many of the top offerings we are accustomed to.

I'm afraid to hit it for fear of actually wanting it.

The SR is stiff regular, I have it in my XXIO 8, it feels whippy if you move it about, however it does not feel whippy in the swing. It just works. I normally play regular or senior flex in a driver and soft regular in my ping irons. I have a driver swing speed around 75-80 and the SR flex is ideal for me. I would stick to regular or SR flex

Perfect feedback! Same for me. Thanks.

Any idea if the Fairway woods are as user friendly? A bag full of these beauties would make Parson's blush
I have the XXIO 8 driver, 3w and hybrid and they perform. The 3w is so easy to hit off the deck for a 15° loft. So much so I now use my HL M1 3w at 19° making it my 5w. It makes the same whack as the driver and feels great when hit on the screws. My last couple of rounds with these in the bag resulted in my hitting 7 holes on my course in 2 which I have never done before. Such a joy to have found these clubs and would not have looked for them if it was not for the posts on here talking this brand up.

the tech just works and it's designed for players like me who have not got the power to hit long drives, but with these in the bag I am getting the ball out there further than I have ever been able to since taking up the game a few years ago.

I realize these are many factors that make this club work with the Shaft it has, but it also has me pondering if my ego needs a recheck and a lighter flex might be in order. That SR flex could be a game changer with my slowing SS.

But that being said I personally saw folks with much higher SS than myself just kill it also. Very interesting club.

I realize these are many factors that make this club work with the Shaft it has, but it also has me pondering if my ego needs a recheck and a lighter flex might be in order. That SR flex could be a game changer with my slowing SS.

But that being said I personally saw folks with much higher SS than myself just kill it also. Very interesting club.

the way this club works is weird, I have tried all the light drivers trying to get my swing speed up, but I could not control them with the XXIO drivers they don't feel light when swinging them and I can control them better, but they are a light driver and I get more carry with them.

Is there just one version of the Prime? Looks like there is a U.S. seller on eBay that has them for $799, but some of the Japan sellers on eBay are $855-$900 for a "2015 model". Also, is the shaft progression S - SR - R - Senior? I must be out of my mind to even consider this but it appears to be exactly right for my swing type. Would have never known it if it was not for the info from THPers!

Is there just one version of the Prime? Looks like there is a U.S. seller on eBay that has them for $799, but some of the Japan sellers on eBay are $855-$900 for a "2015 model". Also, is the shaft progression S - SR - R - Senior? I must be out of my mind to even consider this but it appears to be exactly right for my swing type. Would have never known it if it was not for the info from THPers!

for the prime its Regular and stiff regular. For the XXIO 9 it's Regular,soft regular then stiff. I don't think there is a senior flex. However the flexes seem softer than other shafts, although they don't feel whippy when hitting them.

Also consider the XXIO 8 series, which you might get at decent price as the new models are out and they perform as well. Over in the U.K. I managed to get the XXIO 8 driver,3W and 5 Hybrid for £350 when the RRP was over £1000 for all 3 from the U.K. XXIO store.

The two drivers are VERY different beasts in how/where their tech is aimed, if that makes sense. The XXIO driver put a premium on high and ultra-forgiving for the average swinger whereas the GBB is different focal point (with some overlapping similarities of course).

You have to remember though, this is essentially a JDM driver from a company who has ALWAYS existed at that price point and done well there. But, as we are seeing in this XXIO thread and the others, stateside many focus on the price because its different than what we are seeing from the "normal" OEM's. Reality is XXIO would be nuts to drop the price when they don't need to.

Jman
Thanks for the comments. I will admit while very up to speed on US equipment I haven't a clue when it comes to the JDM market.
Thanks for putting it into perspective for me.

Everyone laughed when I told them I was taking donations, haha

So I was thinking about the driver testing we did and on the side how many guys tested the XXIO out. Swing speeds ranging from 80 to 109 every person that tried it loved it.

These were all THPers.
Versatility in a club head is so underrated

So I was thinking about the driver testing we did and on the side how many guys tested the XXIO out. Swing speeds ranging from 80 to 109 every person that tried it loved it.

These were all THPers.

What kind of distance gap are you seeing between your two drivers ?
Do you think that is the way you like your bag set up (two drivers) after some on course experiences?
On average how many times per round do you use each driver?

20 yards
Yes
8 with one 6 with the other

Holy spin batman.
First 3 of the day

Holy spin batman.
First 3 of the day

LOL! Look at it this way, if you can use the Prime, on a tee, from the fairway, you'll be hopping-and-stopping it on the green. #SortofButNotReallyGIR

I still need this driver

These were all THPers.

What shaft was used?

And i hit 8000!

441 what are you doing? I've never seen/heard such numbers from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were all THPers.

Amazing how such a wide selection of THPers tried this and loved it yet others still question it/wouldn't give it a shot. Isn't that the kinda of validation we all come here for? There's so much positive you'd be crazy not to give it a swing (or several) and see if it has a place in your bag.

I can say I hit this club today and Wow!!! Feels very whippy, but when you put a swing on it you don't even feel it.

Trying to see how I can walk out with it without notice.

This is a ultra premium price point driver. If some have interest but the price point is a negative I am thinking you could create your own club. You could get a TM R9 Supertri for say $45, maybe dial it up in loft but replace the stock shaft. This was a pretty spinny head and many feel it was among the best TM ever produced. You could then get a lightweight shaft for not much money. Ones that come to mind without much thought would be Miyazaki C Kua 39 or C Kua 43. Of course there are others. You could shorten the playing length and use heavier weights in the rear if you want to achieve your preferred swing weight. It won't be exactly the XXIO but very likely could give you very close to the same options and performance that the XXIO provides as a second driver in the bag.

I have not hit this driver but this could work very well if on a budget and even if not.

This is a ultra premium price point driver. If some have interest but the price point is a negative I am thinking you could create your own club. You could get a TM R9 Supertri for say $45, maybe dial it up in loft. This was a pretty spinny head and many feel it was among the best TM ever produced. You could then get a lightweight shaft for not much money. Ones that come to mind without much thought would be Miyazaki C Kua 39 or C Kua 43. Of course there are others. You could shorten the playing length and use heavier weights in the rear if you want to achieve your preferred swing weight. It won't be exactly the XXIO but very likely could give you very close to the same options and performance that the XXIO provides as a second driver in the bag.

I have not hit this driver but this could work very well if on a budget and even if not.

I don't pretend to understand all the tech in the xxio prime, but the shaft is something that I think would be tough to replicate. war eagle explained it and it made a ton of sense. I've never hit anything like this thing in my life.

Back