The right clubs for lessons and getting back in the game?

Matt03Z06

Reaction score
I posted in the about me section of the forum but wanted to post my iron question here. Been out of the the game for 10 years, picked up some newer used equiptment to get back to playing. Hitting the ball better than I ever was 10 years ago(used to shoot well over 100 so nothing to write home about) but I want to invest in some lessons, something I couldn’t afford years ago. Hopefully if I can impove my swing then get to the point where I can get fitted for clubs.

I picked up a used set of blue dot Ping i3+ irons 3-PW. Didn’t do much research into the clubs, more of a spur of the moment buy. After looking into reviews, most say while they are forgiving they might be best suited to players with a handicap in the teens. I hit them ok, I’m sure there are way more issues with my swing than the clubs themselves, but if I am going to take lessons, should I pick up a set of more modern game improvement irons, I guess would it benifit to have a more or less forgiving club when you may have someone trying to change your swing mechanics? There are newer(5 years or newer) sets of game improvement irons coming up locally every week on for sale sites for around $200. Again these may only be temporary to learn and refine my swing, with the goal of getting fitted for a set.

Back