Oakley Prizm Golf ??

mainefootwedge

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Are these lenses worth it?

Oakleys never fit me good since I have a big head (8-1/2 hat size), but these lenses seem to get a lot of good reviews.

Are a normal pair of polarized lenses just as good, or are the Prizm really that good?

Anyone have any input?

Thanks,

Steve

I have them and with a Rx and they are great IMO. Very easy to track the ball, and makes everything sharper.

Worth it is relevant to the person. IMO they perform as designed and I will never wear anything but a prism lens in the course. I've tried a few other prism lenses for really bright days and I still like the golf ones

How do they compare to normal polarized glasses?

Are they worth the extra money?

I have a pair of polarized Oakleys, but I have trouble tracking ball flight quite frequently. I’d also love to hear more about the specific benefits of these things.

How do they compare to normal polarized glasses?

Are they worth the extra money?

They were for me. A couple of years ago the optometrist said I had to wear sunglasses when I played golf. I picked up a regular pair of sunglasses, but everything was too dark and I couldn't differentiate contrasts. I heard about the PRIZM lenses. I went to Oakley's website and they have a page where you can see what it looks like through all the different lenses they have. I know it wasn't the same as actually seeing through them, but it gave me some idea. I also did some research on the Internet to garner more information.

Anyway, I bought a pair and am very glad I did. The difference between the PRIZM and the sunglasses I had was startling. Everything was more vivid, and they protected my eyes. Other people may have a different take, but I would purchase them again.

I tried them once and you can see the ball better, I did not keep them though as I have glare sensitivity and get headaches so I went back to my Oakley polarized. If not for my glare issues I would have lived these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear regular Oakley's and love them. I may look into different lenses and these and the polarized are on the list. I don't have a glare issue but bright sunlight kills me so I definitely would like something darker than what I have.

Polarized lenses are not typically recommended for golf because of there glare reduction properties make it hard to read greens/details of the course. I have owned a set of Prizm lenses for a few years and love them, before that I used G20/G30 lenses which are also great for golf. The Prizm' are nice because they have a slight iridium coating that helps in brighter conditions vs. G20/G30. If you play a lot of golf like many of us do, I would recommend trying out a pair. The worst that can come of it is you sell them for what you paid since they are very popular in the golf community.

Worth it is relevant to the person. IMO they perform as designed and I will never wear anything but a prism lens in the course. I've tried a few other prism lenses for really bright days and I still like the golf ones

Did you find much of a difference between golf and the other Prizm lenses? I'm considering getting the baseball outfield ones, because I don't think the golf ones will be enough for how bright it is in Arizona. Golf has 30% light transmission and the baseball ones are 15%, and I would think those have pretty similar tuning to the golf ones. I've been wearing polarized Oakleys that are about 15% so I'm a little concerned about going up to 30, and the Dark Golf lenses are only for a couple full frame styles.

I am thinking of ordering these custom 1/4 Jacket Oakleys with Prizm Water Deep Blue Polarized lenses

OAKLEY.jpg

I have a pair and they are great. I have a small head and they fit me well.

Did you find much of a difference between golf and the other Prizm lenses? I'm considering getting the baseball outfield ones, because I don't think the golf ones will be enough for how bright it is in Arizona. Golf has 30% light transmission and the baseball ones are 15%, and I would think those have pretty similar tuning to the golf ones. I've been wearing polarized Oakleys that are about 15% so I'm a little concerned about going up to 30, and the Dark Golf lenses are only for a couple full frame styles.

I’m not a fan of polarized on the course abd even more so after wearing prism lenses. The deep water on really clear dats has made tracking the ball hard sometimes compared to the golf. The daily lens was better in this area. The contrast on the course is pretty noticeable between all of them especially when reading greens. I used the golf in San Diego a few weeks ago during some bright days abd had bonissues. The golf for me don’t bother me with the amount of light they let in when driving or playing on bright days

I was dead set on getting the Prizm golf but I needed a prescription lens and the only styles that i liked were not available in my prescription.

Look into the Prizm Golf Dark lense. Its just a bit darker tint than regular.

I have not had the specific prizm for golf but i use the Oakley glasses with the prizm for cycling and it is amazing. The clarity is fantastic in that lense. I just bought new Oakley's for everyday use and it has a Prizm lense. I wonder if there is truly a difference in the lenses.

I was dead set on getting the Prizm golf but I needed a prescription lens and the only styles that i liked were not available in my prescription.

Look into the Prizm Golf Dark lense. Its just a bit darker tint than regular.

I can only find the Golf Dark for a couple frame styles. Do you know if it's available for more? I might be missing something.

I have not had the specific prizm for golf but i use the Oakley glasses with the prizm for cycling and it is amazing. The clarity is fantastic in that lense. I just bought new Oakley's for everyday use and it has a Prizm lense. I wonder if there is truly a difference in the lenses.

I believe each Prizm is specially tuned for certain colors/situations. Do you know which Prizm types you have? (I'm especially interested in your experience, also being in Tucson).

I can only find the Golf Dark for a couple frame styles. Do you know if it's available for more? I might be missing something.

I believe each Prizm is specially tuned for certain colors/situations. Do you know which Prizm types you have? (I'm especially interested in your experience, also being in Tucson).

Let me see if i can find out!

I have them, but find myself just using my daily wear Deep Blue lenses when I play. Guess I got too lazy, not wanting to swap them out when Im on the course.

So i have the Prizm R in both of my glasses. I called my friend where i got them and he said that Oakley will change the tinting for each sport to tweek the glasses for the specific use. I have no experience with the golf lense but maybe i should go try one lol! He said Oakley only had the road lense and a general Prizm lense when they came out. Are you going to try one out?

I stopped at the Sunglass Hut yesterday and tried on a couple pair of the Flak 2.0, and they actually fit me and are comfortable. I was able to compare the 2 different golf lenses, and I think I'm going to go with the dark since I mostly play on sunny days.
Now to justify with myself the $173 price tag.............LOL
Or wait until Christmas and hope someone buys them for me, only a few more weeks left for my season.

So i have the Prizm R in both of my glasses. I called my friend where i got them and he said that Oakley will change the tinting for each sport to tweek the glasses for the specific use. I have no experience with the golf lense but maybe i should go try one lol! He said Oakley only had the road lense and a general Prizm lense when they came out. Are you going to try one out?

I ordered an M2 frame with regular polarized and a Prizm baseball outfield replacement lens. I should have also gotten a golf lens to test but I really doubt I could handle how bright it is. I’m thinking baseball outfield is probably similar, white ball in the air and grass underneath haha. Maybe soon they’ll have the dark golf available too.

I’ll let you know how they are. Or if you want to play a round you can see for yourself

I ordered an M2 frame with regular polarized and a Prizm baseball outfield replacement lens. I should have also gotten a golf lens to test but I really doubt I could handle how bright it is. I’m thinking baseball outfield is probably similar, white ball in the air and grass underneath haha. Maybe soon they’ll have the dark golf available too.

I’ll let you know how they are. Or if you want to play a round you can see for yourself

Let's do it that would be fun when it quits raining lol! I will PM you

I got my Prizm Golfs Friday, and was able to play a round yesterday with them.
I'm very impressed with the contrast they provide......it makes tracking the ball easier, finding the ball easier, and reading the terrain easier.

I'm very happy with them, and they are now in my golf bag for every future round.

I’ve had mine for about a month now. They are freaking awesome on the course and I can definitely track the ball through the air better. I also feel like I can see the contours of the green a lot better.

Back