ever have strctches where your consistently short or longer than normal on good hits?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
There are times i find even if hitting the ball well I know something isnt quite right where as it just seems everything is like always a club to a club and a half shorter than normal. So your pretty much on target,swinging well but your just seeing the normal yardage isnt there.

Then conversly there are rounds or periods of time where everyhting seems to go a club longer than normal.

I mean lest say I hit my 8i 150 which is about normal for me. There are times things just are not quite right. It feels right and Im making good strikes but consistantly perhpas 140. Yet other times Im constwantly hitting it 160. Whats up with that. Both ocassions can feel the same. Nothing feels off or extra great. But yet I just get these ocassions where im consistently short and other times consistently too long. In bewteen these times of course im just at the middle ground and have no qeustion about any of this.

is it just a matter of one day being a bit more pure yet the next time being a bit less than good? is it swing speed that given day? if everything feels the same with the good strikes why the big difference?

20 yards is a pretty big differential but if you don't factor in elevation, wind, temp, etc to the degree that they should be it may not be as big of a difference as that. Also is everything the same, clubs, balls, etc?

The only time I had crazy differences to what my normal would be was my first round playing the 2017 CSx. I don't know if I had a juiced up sleeve or what but I was carrying deep greens when I was trying for a front pin placement. Once or twice I'd have chalked up to a flier but it happened multiple times all day. I carried irons further that day then I ever have. Never happened since.

I see it from time to time. I would have to guess that 99% of it is ball striking. I'm not talking about off center strikes, I'm talking about compression. If I'm not striking the ball well, it's usually because I have reverted to a weaker swing, which sees a distance loss - even on center strikes.

I find my early morning balls (9am) are about a half club short,,, and once warmed up,,, and greens dry out,,, half club long. ( keep my eyes out for those that are in the shade and don't dry out as fast also.

Back