TonyB

Reaction score
Handicap
What a crazy night! Great fights with an EPIC interview by Derrick Lewis and chaos after Khabib gets a great victory over Conor then dives into the crowd to go after one of Conor's trainers. The sucker punches by Khabib's crew on Conor were just disgusting and classless.

I am pretty sure there will be a suspensions and possible stripping of the belt but then that will be used to build up the rematch which I'm sure will happen. There is way too much money to be made on that fight after everything that happened last night.

If you didn't see the fight, at least google the Derrick Lewis post fight interview. It may be the greatest interview ever.

Dana sat there & said how disgusted he was mean while his product oood or bad is all over the news, more than he could have wished for.

I don't think he gets stripped unless he has some future Visa issues.

Conor does not need a belt but he does need a win, so a rematch might not be the best move for him.

What a crazy night! Great fights with an EPIC interview by Derrick Lewis and chaos after Khabib gets a great victory over Conor then dives into the crowd to go after one of Conor's trainers. The sucker punches by Khabib's crew on Conor were just disgusting and classless.

I am pretty sure there will be a suspensions and possible stripping of the belt but then that will be used to build up the rematch which I'm sure will happen. There is way too much money to be made on that fight after everything that happened last night.

If you didn't see the fight, at least google the Derrick Lewis post fight interview. It may be the greatest interview ever.

Conor got what he deserved. If you run your mouth and call someone a terrorist (Khabib's manager) and do all you can to insult a faith etc, you reap what you sow.

Conor doesn't get to play the poor a Conor card here. You ran your mouth, got your ass beat, your crew ran their mouth, and got your ass beat again.

Undoubtedly there will be suspensions, but I enjoyed seeing someone not back down. I liked McGregor for a long time, but he's from now on going to be just the Mayweather of MMA.

And yeah, the Lewis interview was awesome.

"My balls are hot" hahahaha

Conor got what he deserved. If you run your mouth and call someone a terrorist (Khabib's manager) and do all you can to insult a faith etc, you reap what you sow.

Conor doesn't get to play the poor a Conor card here. You ran your mouth, got your ass beat, your crew ran their mouth, and got your ass beat again.

Undoubtedly there will be suspensions, but I enjoyed seeing someone not back down. I liked McGregor for a long time, but he's from now on going to be just the Mayweather of MMA.

I agree 100% and was a fan for quite a while but not anymore. Watching him strut around the Octagon pre-fight, I kept thinking he is going to get his ass beat. My friend who was watching with me had $500 a piece on 2 bets for Khabib. I understand Khabib going after the trainer more than the classless sucker punches on Conor whether deserved or not.

The post fight circus was a joke but I agree, the beat down was coming. McGregor talked about way too many personal things for some kind of backlash not to be coming. But, sucker punchers has no place in professional sports. Backyard or back alley fights, have at it. But this is supposed to be a professional sport. I know McGregor didn’t press charges but he should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The post fight circus was a joke but I agree, the beat down was coming. McGregor talked about way too many personal things for some kind of backlash not to be coming. But, sucker punchers has no place in professional sports. Backyard or back alley fights, have at it. But this is supposed to be a professional sport. I know McGregor didn’t press charges but he should have.

He didn't because he knows he'd come off as an even bigger b*tch.

Plus, all he's thinking is next payday with this rematch. Which, he will lose again.

I'm decently good friends with the Pettis brothers and it was a bit disappointing. I don't know why Sergio didn't try to slam him. Especially after losing the first 2 rounds, he had nothing to lose.

Anthony breaking his hand right when he could've put Ferguson out was just absolute terrible timing. Gotta give it to Tony for his great showing after such a short time after the surgery.

With the crazy interview and the fight after the Conor vs Khabib fight it was well worth the PPV price. Such a shame that it boiled down to that. I mean that's what you risk when you let guys talking about anything they want. I think the trash talk is just goes too far sometimes. I'm not one to get offended over anything but I know that others aren't as hard skinned as me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

No way Khabib gets stripped of the title for what happened. That said, a huge fine and suspension are headed his way. I'm pretty sure the Nevada Commission will prevent him from fighting in the state until he speaks with them directly....

I know Dana hates this, but at the same time he loves the attention the UFC is getting. My concern is how closely its beginning to mirror the WWE in terms of the theatrics. Attention is good for selling tickets, but this is real and not scripted...so innocent people can (AND ALREADY HAVE!!) gotten hurt.

The fight I want to see now is Khabib vs Ferguson. That will be a war!!

As for Conor...he'll always be a ticket draw, but I think his days of ruling the division are behind him. The blueprint for beating him is known...get him on the ground and grind him out.

The action and drama was unreal but the idiocy of the post fight was ridiculous. Lot of people could have been seriously injured. The post fight speeches though.. the best!!!

There is no justifying what happened after the Fight I don't care what Connor said about their families and Religion. They should all have been arrested which I heard they were. Connor got Jumped by thugs trying to get out of the ring end of story.

Derrick Lewis was the Highlight of the nite. Watch till the end its worth it.

I agree as well. Stop running your mouth until you re proven in the ring. Just as on the golf course, if you run your mouth you are almost guarenteed to hit a poor shot. Let your game do the taling.

In my opinion the fight should have never happened in the first place. Connor should have been banned after the bus incident, but Dana wants his money. Then in return we see the same level of cowardliness and dishonor from Khabib and his crew. Both of them should be banned, but it wont happen. It's sad that we live in a world where a buck is worth more than doing the right thing.

In my opinion the fight should have never happened in the first place. Connor should have been banned after the bus incident, but Dana wants his money. Then in return we see the same level of cowardliness and dishonor from Khabib and his crew. Both of them should be banned, but it wont happen. It's sad that we live in a world where a buck is worth more than doing the right thing.

This is true for every sport though, so it should be expected.

I won't suggest he (or Khabib) should be banned from the sport, but the fines should be extreme and excessive -- I'm talking 6-and-7 figure fines. If you want it stopped, hit them where it hurts....the wallet.

Back