THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Looks like our captain is ready for RR!

Looks like his #JourneyToWhatever is now #JourneyToSingleDigits after his showing today.

It's the calm before the storm. After our sim gathering next week I bet business will be picking up.

Agreed. Should make for some interesting updates for the thread. Hard to talk about golf too much today when I look out the window and see 3 inches of snow coming down. Ugh.

It's almost depressing I come in here and get excited for golf then look out my window and see 8 inches of snow. Can't wait for the MI sim round! Need some golf in my life.

I've been busting my tail this weekend working on my game from top to bottom and I'm seeing very very bad things for #puremichigan

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452489835.668518.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been busting my tail this weekend working on my game from top to bottom and I'm seeing very very bad things for #puremichigan

View attachment 23234

So...should we stand behind you for safety? Always safety first.

Double checked with PM's received and here is who has shown interest thus far:

PhillyV
Cbaker2882
Bullfrog
Mmaynard11
Gunner
Grins
Ntanygd760
Pinslayer216
The Milk Man
Misike
Certifiable
Robozeo
Canadan
Robman7
CaptainCaution
GolfinFF
Hickerad
Bogeyme (maybe)
AMart

And in case you missed it, below are the questions again (please send via PM as well):

1. What is your current index?
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
8. Why should I pick you?

Have to give props where they are due. Nice job on the win yesterday Mike. Guess we are going to have to revisit that 28 hdcp before the event. :alien:

Have to give props where they are due. Nice job on the win yesterday Mike. Guess we are going to have to revisit that 28 hdcp before the event. :alien:

Thanks dude, was a really fun round and we went back and forth which was great.

Good news Im now trending 27

I'm sure many of us have ridden in a cart with somebody who was not playing well and has gotten angry. I know I have and I have also been the person who was angry/frustrated. There is no right or wrong answer, I thought it might be interesting to see others responses.

Scenario...

Your 4 holes into a 9 hole match. Your partner is playing some awful golf, but you still have time to turn it around, however he has become visibly angry with himself. What do you do?

A. Keep trying to talk to him, tell him its no big deal.
B. Start drinking. Heavily.
C. Bear down and focus even more on what your doing you can't control what he does.
D. Get pissed off yourself.
E. Let him simmer and hope he turns it around.
F. Tell him he sucks and you can't wait to get a new partner at the turn.
G. Make him laugh and hope he snaps out of it, you can still turn the match around.
H. Ignore him completely and only talk with the other team.

I'm sure many of us have ridden in a cart with somebody who was not playing well and has gotten angry. I know I have and I have also been the person who was angry/frustrated. There is no right or wrong answer, I thought it might be interesting to see others responses.

Scenario...

Your 4 holes into a 9 hole match. Your partner is playing some awful golf, but you still have time to turn it around, however he has become visibly angry with himself. What do you do?

C. Bear down and focus even more on what your doing you can't control what he does.
G. Make him laugh and hope he snaps out of it, you can still turn the match around.
A mix of A, C, E and G. When someone is fighting their own game you cant really go overboard with any of these or it makes it worse. Constructive reinforcement plus some laughter can help him, but you also need to stay focused on your own game because your team needs it.

Scenario...

G, for sure. I know we've all been frustrated but we also have to remember that we play this game because we love and it's fun. When I get mad, I tell myself I'm here to have fun, if I'm not going to do that, I might as well just go home.

F for sure.

Just kidding. Honestly the best tactic would be to employ in some aspect more than one of these approaches.

However with only being able to select one I would say, G. Fun laughter should make the match more enjoyable allowing your partner to forget those bad shots from the first four holes.

Scenario...

Unless I know the person REALLY well, I will go with E with a little bit of A mixed in. At some point all you can do is focus on yourself. It's likely that you don't know what else is going on in their lives that, combined with bad golf, could send them into a bigger funk than usual. But I will cheer the good shots, otherwise I will keep reading him/her for clues as to how best to interact with them.

I'm going to base this answer off what I'd do on how I'd want my partner to handle it. Honestly, what I would truly do depends on the partner I have and what I think will get the best result. As such...

-In the end, this isn't life or death, fortune or poverty, fame or shunning. This is THP and fun is most important.
-I would definitely appreciate this move by my partner. Attempting to pick up my slack, putting the team on his back, would motivate me to get the ship righted quickly.
-A delicate balance of A and E is key. Know what to say, when and how to say it. That silence can also speak volumes as well. Things usually find their level and golf is similar for me. Slides don't last more than 2-3 holes.

Scenario...

I'll always go with "C" because if they are playing bad, then to save the round I'll need to play better. "A" can actually sometimes make things worse. You've got to be able to read your partner to see if that will actually help or not. Sometimes you just got to go with "E". If "A" doesn't work but it still seems like they shouldn't be left alone, I'll try "G".

B - I don't really drink much at all while playing so that wouldn't come into play.
D - not really a "pissed off" guy while playing
F - I would never do that to someone even if they did suck haha
H - That one is interesting. Not sure completely ignoring them would be the way to go.

Captian Mike, I got you a powerball ticket... Just sayin.

Captian Mike, I got you a powerball ticket... Just sayin.
I like the effort. Let's see what the value is to him after Wednesday and the power rankings.

Captain Mike, Where is the Weds sim round? Not sure if I can make it but I can check and see. It will probably be closer for me to play on the sim with the Mi guys... I could do some spying while doing so as well... Hmmm...

Last edited:

Scenario...

Luckily I know so many of these clowns it would be a combination of E&G, and then maybe a sarcastic D!

Scenario...

I would always go with option G. That is just my personality... make him laugh and it usually always lightens the mood. Bottom line, we are out there to have fun, period. That is what its all about!

Lets talk formats

While I know alot of it is partner dependent, what are some of the formats you are:

1. Havent played before but wouldnt mind playing in this event?
2 Have played before and believe your game fits it well.

Scenario...

It would be G for me with a little sarcastic/joking F. I mean a little bit of jokingly F with all of F being joking. In the end it's just a game. We are there to have fun with other Hacker's. That's what it's about.

Back