How's your golf season been?

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
My 2018 golf

Early season - May - June - need to hit more FW's with driver and need to zero in distance on my short iron pitch shots
Mid Season - July - August - showing big improvements with driver but now need to get approach shots on a better line. Getting slightly better with distance problem with iron pitch shots
Late Season - Sept - Oct - Driving has become the best part of my game. Beginning to get a little bit better line with my long approach shots. Pitching game took a nose dive for the worse. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Chipping game also took a turn for the worse

How's your season been?

My season started off decent was scoring well. Much improved short game. Changed up my bag a few times ,always a bad sign. Overall my games improved except for a few blow up holes per round which you can always put me down for. Need to focus more and improve course management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall I would say a success this year even though I wasn't able to attend a THP event yet.
I got to a low of 4.6 HC, broke my PB twice with a 75 and then a 74 (both on Par 72 courses) and had a lot of fun golfing overall.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. Scoring was really consistent and I got my HDCP back on the plus side, which was a goal of mine.

My season started off decent was scoring well. Much improved short game. Changed up my bag a few times ,always a bad sign. Overall my games improved except for a few blow up holes per round which you can always put me down for. Need to focus more and improve course management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1
e.png

I think I had a good year but I also don't stop through the off season. Highlights for me were some good lessons on putting and better hip rotation on the take away. Bagged a new set of clubs (cf16 from original Apex so not much learning curve there).
Lowlight - picked up a nagging ligament/tendon injury just below the tricep and below the elbow not from golf but at the gym. Damn thing won't go away. I really should lay off golf until it heals.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How's your golf season been?

My season has been a great success. I broke 80 twice and got my cap to the lowest it’s ever been. I played some really solid golf for a month straight. Struggling a bit right now but in years past my season would be wrapping up, not this year. I forgot to mention I am going to the Grandaddy!

Average to poor.

Some glimpses of half decent with a load of old shite thrown in for good measure.

Had my first lessons in ages within the last two months and now have a winter of lessons ahead. Still some ropey stuff but hitting some of the best shots I’ve hit in a long time.

Success given I started the year with a peripheral interest in golf and now I'm fully enamoured and have a conscious understanding of my swing.

My season has been one of ups and downs.

Early Season: Playing great golf and made it to the semi-finals of the BC Team Match Play. Was selected for #TheGrandaddy!

Mid Season: wheels fell off my iron play and fought the shanks for months. Pretty much derailed my League hopes and dreams. Managed to limp around every course thanks to solid driver and putter.

Late Season: Slowly getting my game and confidence back. Won low gross and 2nd place net at our League Finale tournament. Ended up finishing 6th/30th in League. Game seems to be rounding into form again, but who knows.

Overall this season has been defined by an emphasis of having fun on the course and I attribute that to the upcoming #TheGrandaddy.

Since getting back into it I am happy with the progress. Luckily we don’t have to stop here for winter so I am hoping I get to where I would like to be by March. I have a trip to Costa Rica for work and we will be playing.

Very inconsistent. I've had some stretches where I played great (for me) and have also gone weeks searching for a decent swing. But that's golf I guess.

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed in my season. It seems like I've played the same amount if not a little more and my game is worse than last year. Early in the session it was the shanks and later this year inconsistency from irons and wedge play. I'm at the highest handicap I've been at in awhile which really sucks. I know some things I need to work on and need to get some solid time in the simulator working on my swing, particularly my irons.

This has been the best season ever. Also my 1st :D

Getting my swing coherent. Especially irons. Also driver shots are getting better. Need a lot of work on all areas, but improving all the time.

I'm pretty determined, swinging 100-200 dry runs (swings without ball) a day, grinding it. Playing a niner per week and hitting range 1-2 times a week.

Stellar until the recent disaster.

Came back from a herniated disc that stole most of last year from me. After a slow start this year, I played the best golf of my life including shattering my previous PB by 5 strokes and then topping that previous PB another 5 or so times.

Handicap reached an all-time low by far at 1.5 until creeping upwards to 2.3. Had 12 eagles this season and more birdies than ever before, including 10 over two most recent rounds.

...then I herniated the same disc in my back again this past Monday. Same incredible jolt of pain, same immediate loss of strength.

Big difference that I'm hoping will prove to the positive is that the residual symptoms have been way less severe than last year.

Definitely on the upswing. This was my return year, so I worked on putting my bag together, experimenting with different balls and taking lessons. Played mostly 9 holes on a par 3 course with the occasional 18 hole round.

My bag is now set, so 2019 is the year I really try to improve my game and play more 5,800 yard + courses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolute best season ever. I was always excited to break eighty and usually shot between 81 and 86. Now everything is clicking and a round of 80+ is a disappointment. I started the season at an 11 and am trending to a 6.7 now. That is the most incredible jump I've made in years. Keeping it in the fairway and eliminating dumb penalty shots was the key.

My 2018 golf

Early season - May - June - need to hit more FW's with driver and need to zero in distance on my short iron pitch shots
Mid Season - July - August - showing big improvements with driver but now need to get approach shots on a better line. Getting slightly better with distance problem with iron pitch shots
Late Season - Sept - Oct - Driving has become the best part of my game. Beginning to get a little bit better line with my long approach shots. Pitching game took a nose dive for the worse. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Chipping game also took a turn for the worse

How's your season been?

Early season March-May: Started with a new set of Ping G400's, in April I participated in the Cleveland event and changed my entire bag. Started in the mid 80's, had an adjustment period with new clubs, where I drifted into the 90's. However I found a groove, and settled back to mid-low 80's.
Mid season June-August: An absolute atrocity, this is normally my peak playing time. I normally play 4 days a week or better in the summer. This summer I had to force myself to go once a week. I would start well, and about 3 holes in fall apart... driver, bad slice, irons nothing pured, wedges off the toe or a terrible duff, putter if I even got to the green miss left, right, short, long... an absolute train wreck.
Late season August-now: It took 4 lessons by 3 different coaches, lots of swings but I'm getting my swing back. Consistently shooting in mid-low 80's, dropping an occasional eagle in, several birds, and bogeys/doubles to keep me above that 80 scoreline.

Started good.
Then since mid june its been atrocious l.

But ive played some amazing courses with friends this year

First it was monsoon season, then it was hotter than the surface of the sun, now it’s monsoon season again.

I’ve spent little time on the range this year and as much time as possible playing. Everything has improved and my scores are better so I can’t complain.

Peaking at the end of the season is always a nice way to end. I probably have another 6 weeks of golf before I shot it down for winter. I’m really happy with how fittings went this year and the positive and immediate results they’ve had on my game. I wish I had a little more variety in where I played as I failed to travel outside of MA and even within my state there weren’t many “wishlist” courses I scratched off.

I'm very disappointed with my game this year - I was too inconsistent the whole year and scores could (and did) fluctuate 15 stroke from day to day. I've got some work ahead of me this offseason so I don't repeat.

I played more rounds than than any year since I have been married (kids are getting to that self sustaining age and our income is getting up there). I bought a house with the 150 yard par 3 17th hole at a local course in my back yard. I got adjusted to my first new set of irons in 10 years. I found a hybrid that works. I found 2 wedges that work. I found a driver that has no bias (I still miss, but I dont have to fight it any more it hits what I swing). I dropped my handicap from 24.5 to 21.3 and I have only broken 100 (the bad way) one time since playing in Birmingham in April. I joined THP around the new year and I already won a set of irons. I would say it's been a great year. The only one that could possible be better is 2019!!

April to mid August I was playing the best golf of my life. Got down to a 3.9 handicap. Lately I haven't been playing as well. I'm back up to 6.0 and have been battling a slice. I've put in a couple solid range sessions over the past week and I'm looking forward to getting back on the course.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Happier with performance this year however didn’t remotely get out as much as I wanted for a variety of reasons and starting to regress. Did play in some fun tournaments though. Hoping to squeeze in a few more rounds at least this year before the snow, but adamant about playing a full 18 or 36 in the sim this winter at least twice a month and maybe a couple indoor lessons.

Back