The Portillos Appreciation Thread

hmmm Gauntlet for Portillos or TPC Championship for BRGR

hmmm Gauntlet for Portillos or TPC Championship for BRGR

Both. Silly question if you ask me.
Plus, if you come to Arizona you are going to Chino Bandido, but thats another thread.

Both. Silly question if you ask me.
Plus, if you come to Arizona you are going to Chino Bandido, but thats another thread.

Fund won't let me do both, but I think I have heard you talk about that one. Chinese Mexican? It is intriguing

Well looks like I know whats for dinner...now the real questions is do I go to the Portillo's that is two miles West of me, 6 miles East of me, 4 miles North of me or the one on my way home! Guess I have to go to all of them!

Sleeper Portillos Item to check out: Chopped Salad

My wife and I usually get a burger and a chopped salad and split them...so good.

Things to get at Portillo's: Burgers, Chopped Salad, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Shakes, Cheese Fries, Hot Dogs.
Things to never ever get at Portillo's: Italian Beef. Most overrated beef in the Chicagoland area.

Honestly for me it would be Deep Dish for dinner and then a chocolate cake shake at Portillos for desert. Granted, it would be 3 days worth of calories, but I would do it tonight if it was available.

Things to get at Portillo's: Burgers, Chopped Salad, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Shakes, Cheese Fries, Hot Dogs.
Things to never ever get at Portillo's: Italian Beef. Most overrated beef in the Chicagoland area.

Portillo's is ok for italian beef, but I prefer Pops.

Portillo's is ok for italian beef, but I prefer Pops.
Pops is good stuff. You from around here?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Pops is good stuff. You from around here?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

No but my sister has lived there for going on 10 years now. I really need to snag a chocolate cake shake next time I'm out there.

Chopped salad is a Barnelli's item guys, c'mon. It's distinctly important since Dick still owns Barnelli's.

I'm hoping the new Portillo's owners will allow franchising. I need to open one in Iowa!

I had forgotten we were getting one of these, drove by the other day and a good amount of progress has been made. I should be trying it for the first time in the next few months.

Sleeper Portillos Item to check out: Chopped Salad

My wife and I usually get a burger and a chopped salad and split them...so good.

We saw a lot of people get the chopped salad and it looked incredible. I also saw a guy put more salt on his fries which is crazy because they already over salt their fries (in a good way, but anymore is just too much).

I was also shocked that we weren't the only 2 people ordering a chocolate cake shake when it is snowing and in - 4* outside.

I love all of their food including the beef. Burgers are a sleeper pick for sure. Chocolate cake...well i mean, it's chocolate cake and I like it. But I've had better in the cake department. Gosh I haven't been there in so long and there's one right down the street from my work.

We saw a lot of people get the chopped salad and it looked incredible. I also saw a guy put more salt on his fries which is crazy because they already over salt their fries (in a good way, but anymore is just too much).

I was also shocked that we weren't the only 2 people ordering a chocolate cake shake when it is snowing and in - 4* outside.
The chopped salad is always a solid choice and their dressing the use is great! Plus you can never go wrong with a chocolate cake shake...never!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I ha a hotdogs and cheese fries from portillosfor lunch today. Was yummeh!

b38907b731db89f302a31c714de61117.jpg

I usually stop once a week! I have to work later today so I now know what I am going to be getting for lunch! I love the Broiled Chicken Sandwich with Cheese Fries!

damn this place was so solid. italian beef and sausage dipped. chocolate cake shake was incredible.

1417f9dcada5fa9279a722e7233fba95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn this place was so solid. italian beef and sausage dipped. chocolate cake shake was incredible.

I really don't know why you do this.......:drool::drool:

Oh my a Combo! You're killing me! Some red sauce and Giardiniera then I'm dazed happy.

Go big or go home! Nice selection sir

The Portillos Appreciation Thread

They have one in Tampa ca.eleric.

I will be in Chicago in a few weeks, need my chocolate cake shake.

And that is why I put on 10 lbs in the winter.... You forgot the mozzarella cheese and giardinara though! :)

One of the few things I really miss from my years in Chicago.

Back