Describe Your Miss off the Tee

Typically a pull draw or a push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the worst.

It's my own fault because I get stuck with my weight back and throw my hands. I'm working on it... but yeah, it kills confidence fast.

Hook/draw when I'm trying to hit a fade.

As a natural draw player, when I try a fade ball position is a very fine line. If I dont get it far enough back in my stance it is sure to be a hook, but if I get it too far back it's a low push off the bottom of the club. I only try this shot about once a round and I always take 2 or 3 air swipes to get a feel for the motion and picture where the ball needs to be. It's a very difficult shot for me. To hit a draw I just need to exaggerate flatness a bit on my backswing and then swing hard, a draw happens, but I really have to make sure I have a good feel before I set up for a fade.

Just a bit of a slice over the last few rounds.

SLICEEEEEEEE. It's atrocious. Or was, it's getting much better recently with little adjustements over time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can be anywhere from middle of fairway to 100 yards left or right. I don't usually slice it (have on occasion) but when I go right it's usually just a straight block. When I go way left it's a pull hook or just a straight out hook.

Lately the first couple holes I've been gently right, then I'll hit a few down the middle and think problem solved. Then boom! Somewhere around hole 9 I'll hook one like crazy. At least I'm consistent lately.

Big solid push with not even a hint of curve either way!

When I miss bad it's a nasty slice into the next county.

Does short count?

I'm currently seeing a bit of a pull to the left with all of my clubs vs my normal push.

I recently had the first lesson in 10 years. The instructor showed me how I was compensating for an incorrect grip which had really messed up the wrist hinge among other things. I'm still trying to groove the swing but when I do my part I'm seeing a nice little draw.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Slice or overcooked fade

Fade or slice when it's really bad. Then I'll aim a little more left and pure a bomb straight into the left treeline.

My miss? That’s simple, it’s a slice and I mean farmers feild slice. Wide right!!!

Left. Sometimes a pull. Sometimes an overcooked draw. Sometimes a nasty hook.

Snap hook. Weight doesn’t transfer forward and short and left it goes.

Duck hook. I don't turn my hips enough in the downswing, and that club points way left at impact.

Back nine, failure to hydrate and eat... I start to give up on my swing and not drive my hips through, shot leaks to right with a push.

I've battled a slice most of my golfing life. I get it under control but it always seems to come back for a few weeks every golf season.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Easily a pull hook but a push slice has been raising its head as of late.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Duck hook. I don't turn my hips enough in the downswing, and that club points way left at impact.
Same. Exactly the same

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you have the big slice in your arsenal? Snap hook? Just a push? What is your miss off the tee?
All of the above. I actually play for a fade (not a slice anymore) and my normal miss is when it goes straight. My big miss is a double cross. Once in a while though the slice shows up and I miss the fairway on the right.

I wish mine was more predictable. I have a pull-hook, the good old fashioned drop kick, the push, and the massive push slice. There's no safe place for me to aim which is why I often take less than driver..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

usually a push slice but I can hit it left as well

Rare...

No longer have misses off the tee. What I do have however are a couple of holes that I play where the FW where my ball lands tapers down in hour glass form where it's only about 10-15 yds wide at the same place where there is either right or left dog legs. Those are the sort of holes that prevent me from hitting 100% of the FW's on my tee shots.

Back