Describe Your Miss off the Tee

Most of the time it's a big slice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For the first couple of holes when I haven't had a chance to warm up, it will most likely be a pull with the occasional push

Unfortunately at my home course, that can punish you as you have trees and a bunker on the left of the 1st hole (depending on which tees you play), the 2nd is a par 3 with bunkers all around the green and the 3rd has the same trees on the left as the 1st hole as they run parallel to each other

Once I am loose, the bad shot will be a slight push, but I can live with it on most days

It’s typically a block. Then if over corrected a snapper left. But more times than not it’s a block. Not a fade or slice just a well hit....deep in the woods block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them all, quacker, slice, pop-up, about the only one I don't do is top it. I save that for the other clubs

My usual miss is the ol' low heel b*tch fade, but the big miss is a massive slice that gives me the finger before careening over the fence.

Block right / pull hook left.

For a couple decades when my hip action was a little faster it was almost always a high push but the last couple years it's been a slight pull that luckily still finishes in or near the fairway. I've actually gotten a bit straighter as I've aged and haven't yet lost distance at age 53.

Ummm, everywhere. From yesterdays round: short,right, fairway, right,left, right, right, fairway, fairway, short, fairway, right, left , fairway.
Ridiculous how bad I am with driver right now. Smother hooks, hooks, pulls , push, push fade, off planet slice.

It used to be either a push or a nasty hook. This year it has been a slice.

Recently it's been a slice.

It used to be a straight push, this year I have found the dreaded dead pull and the occasional snap hook. It has been quite frustrating.

Most common is the fade/slice. Then I over-correct it to a duck hook. Then I over-correct it to a monster slice. Then I just tee off with a 6i and swear I'm going to get a lesson or stop hitting driver but don't follow through with either.

the one that keeps me up at night is the block fade that feels money off the face, but is not in fact money.

It for sure is the huge slice. I am talking the slice that you have to play from two fairways over. I have been working on keeping my left arm straighter and rotating through and am seeing a less over the top swing and am leaving the club face open less often. For now I kind of enjoy when my miss is having a club face too far closed and I end up with a slight hook because I know I can easily fix that.

Do you have the big slice in your arsenal? Snap hook? Just a push?

Yes...yes I do. Oh, and also the dropkick and sky-ball.

Pretty much all of them. Main, is probably the push-fade.

Last edited:
I have issues closing the face and hitting a push fade so my miss is when I try to "close the clubface" and instead pull the crap out of it.

It's a pull, or pull hook. It typically happens when I try to step on it too hard. My shoulders tend to forget to wait for my hips to fire.

Miss tends to be low and a little left

It's been a block as of late, and occasionally I end up left side because I compensate and hit one straight. Outside of the round yesterday, I've been driving it pretty well though.

Come around hard starboard.

I'd call one that lands in the fairway a miss for me....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lately it has been a slice. I can go from hitting 6 fairways in a row to wiping one and watching it peel off to the right

Snap hook. And I absolutely hate it. I'm left with everything lately.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Big pull or a push or slice.

Back