Describe Your Miss off the Tee

An image of my shots
ecc20353640992c7cb007e4c63b415d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

usually it is an open face wipey weak slice. Lately I have worked in the dead pull, which has made things interesting.

High fade is my miss with driver.

Just maddeningly pronounced enough to be just barely OB---or right under that tree branch with the proliferation of Spanish moss.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pulled draw, no good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% a slice

Either a slice, push, pull, or snap hook. Yep, I'm serious. Fun times.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've usually hit a push when I've missed this year. I still have the occasional slice or duck hook, but mostly the push.

Push/Slice is a constant battle

Duck hook city. First year that's ever been my primary problem. Oh, and topping it on the first tee of the THP Championship (both days) ...

Straight pull. What makes it worse is when you set up to play a fade (aka small slice) with no room to go left

I hit some huge double crosses with driver. That is how I know that game golf only goes 99 yards left of fairway. When I really go hard I tend to get stuck under plane and hit some big block cuts. When I am really swinging bad I hit these ugly 240 yard heel pull cuts

This thread has me rolling with some of the descriptions you guys are giving. Mine is usually a huge boomerang push slice. Feels like its gonna end up behind me sometimes. Ugh.

I've settled into a small fade/butter cut this summer so the big miss is the high pop-up to the right fielder or the massive slice or the smother hook.

The miss.... interesting. Due to back problems I've made some adjustments in setup. I'm tall. Short clubs like wedges I set up closed because I tend to come over the top and pull, so I just play it now. Long clubs like hybrid to driver I play open stance + strong grip + cup the wrist at the top and drop the club into the slot. I've taken the left side of the course out of play, although sometimes on a mistimed impact zone it comes into play (over draw). Ideally I want to hit it toward the right side of the fairway with either a very slight draw or slight fade. But when I slice it, I slice it big.

Back