Describe Your Miss off the Tee

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the big slice in your arsenal? Snap hook? Just a push? What is your miss off the tee?

Seems to be a weak push. Can't stand that shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big huge slice. I usually keep it under control, but then it shows up, and I swear the ball goes further right than it goes forward

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Weak Push. Just off the Fairway.

Snap hook - I get my hips going faster than my shoulders in the downswing and close that club face something nasty.

Huuuuuge straight push. On the bright side, I have a straight shot in my arsenal.

Hook/draw when I'm trying to hit a fade.

Nasty slice.. Happens more than I'd want unfortunately.

Little bit Mason Crosby....a whole lot of Scott Norwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snap hook. Hips too fast and try to get hands to catch up. Bad, bad situation for me.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Its a bad pull for me.

Yup...
c793bc3d83b754cc9bdea33665f66b67.gif

currently its the pull or pull darw or sometimes pull hook. But the issue is too much right arm/hand casting that causes me to swing an in path and close the face at times. But the removal of that and i can send it to the right with an out path (which is good) but what happens sometimes is that the removal also end up too soft and I dont close the face enough so that push can also have a fade tail. Its bee a battle most this season which is killiing me both score wise and frustrating wise. Driver use to be on the more conssitant clbs i would hit. Ever since my swing rebuild Ive developed this and i now (via insructor) what to dpo and work on to fix but hasnt been easy at all for me. When i do get it correct....Im seeing that really nice and long baby draw I always use to have. At least on most those shots.

My miss is a dead pull left. Not a draw or a hook but a ball that is just immediately left off the tee. I hit the crap out of it and it feels awesome off the club but it ends up 3 counties over. It's probably the best contact I make but never in play. If only I could straighten that one out!

Some here have seen it but no one can do it like me!
Big Slice!
I get center face contact but man that ball goes straight for about 75 yards then makes an abrupt right turn and fades off into whatever is on the right side of the fairway.

Usually an over draw or a nasty hook. Though I can occasionally get really frustrated with the hook and squeeze the grip so hard that I can slice it.

Lately it's been a bit of a fade, which is weird for me. Kind of hard to manage it too when I play off the right side, but I am sure some extra time will eliminate that.

Lately it’s been a 2 sided miss. My swings speeds are up though and recent numbers check on a TrackMan shows I need a stiffer shaft. Testing with a stiff flex today showed beautiful balls when I am on and more fades or slight slices when not putting my best foot forward. It did eliminate the nasty hook that occasionally shows up. I think that hook was coming from me trying to force the face closed. I do believe changing to a stiff flex will resolve my worst issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went back and looked at my driving stats and it's split pretty evenly on misses. I think my biggest miss though is a hook and then I start playing for it and start missing right.

Pull hook, that’s why I’m back playing fades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Typically a pull hook although the 2 way miss has been in play quite a bit lately.

Lately my miss has been a slight pull.

The snap hook is strong.

Usually starts put with a snap hook by my hands getting faster than my not warmed up hips. Then it turns into a push as I adjust, then I hit several bombs (for me) when I get warmed up. Then it turns back into a snap hook as I tire and my hips stiffen up again.

Back