Status
Not open for further replies.
d7507870adafdea72aa22b143ab7afef.jpg

A certain girl turned 9 today. We went and got her a birthday cake along with her favorite doggie cannolis. #lexiepickles #spoileddog

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Happy birthday Lexi!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Bday Lexie!!!!!

Dean should be wearing a better beanie.

Dean should be wearing a better beanie.
Don't worry, I did today when we went up to Saratoga with Lex to pick up her birthday cake. Paired nicely with my Large KBS Pullover :alien:

Some of you remember when we were fostering Melody, she ate a wire and had to have surgery. Well we later adopted her for our daughter and Mel has been a great addition to our family. The other night we were out in the garage. I was reshafting some irons and Vickie was boxing up some old stuff for Goodwill. We were talking to our daughter on the speaker phone and the dogs were milling about.

When we went inside, we found Mel in her bed with an old styrofoam Christmas ornament that Vickie's mom had made. It was one of those fabric things with about 200 stick pins in it. Melody had eaten all but one bite! There were pins sticking out of her muzzle and all over the floor! She looked worried and we were confident that she had some inside too. A quick search on the net and we found a suggestion to feed her milk soaked cotton balls. The thought is that any pins would embed in the cotton balls and then pass. The next morning we took her to the vet and Doc found one pin on X-Ray. Sent her home and told us to see if she passed it. Told us the cotton ball thing was an old wives tale.

Yesterday she she went back after having not passed the pin. Doc thought he might be able to get it with the scope but then decided it was too iffy. Had to cut her stem to stern for the second time in a year and a half. When he gave us the pin, it was wrapped in.....wait for it......one of the cotton balls! Told us he will never say the wives tale thing again! Pro tip if it ever happens to you, only use one cotton ball. He told us that if she had tried to pass it, (we gave her two) that it probably would have become lodged in her intestine.

She's resting but in a little pain from time to time if she moves suddenly. We have to keep her calm.......:bulgy-eyes:

d7d2587d7087cb4d167c2e639b4e09ac_zpsn7phtwp2.jpg

c8fae651f49e481cb436a65e2e967f74_zpsloagyxig.jpg

eccc658399d752bf2cff2dc118311267_zpsqbc0efff.jpg

We are actually very responsible and contientious pet owners, but we feel like jerks right now.

JM

Poor girl JM. Here's hoping for a quick recovery. Don't feel like jerks labs will eat anything.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks. She will too! She is a great family member and loyal friend. The only thing we can think of is that she thought it was a ball? She loves to play ball. Then when she decided that she could "kill" it and eat it, she went to town. When we came inside, it was all over........

JM

Our 4 cats
bc9f5567f07d34965aede181290c3cda.jpg

Tucker enjoying the 50* weather on our walk. He was going out of this way to walk in the remaining snow piles.

7ccbcdd11e90c26784c57cbd5559eb34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed this face last week.

12646959_10207713198843773_1393405871531711818_n.jpg

HamSolo is a cute one!

Roscoe Bean... our Blue Heeler

12009795_10205012325260237_7879720080597680686_n.jpg

So cute

How is this comfy?
865b97a8cb2a5366297802ab85b20031.jpg

"I'm sleeping"

7e6a6c773dfca5d751375bf441f92ada.jpg

"Or am I"

0ef4a384a5c98e3154d32da9e5d45fff.jpg

I know it's still her puppy phase but just found our pup chewed up a bunch of stuff tonight.

I really need to get her some obedience training or something. Plus I really want her to stop being so nervous and relieving herself everything's someone comes over or she gets in trouble. Really wish I could spend more time in training but it's just hard when I am not home most of the day.

That's funny

I'm dog sitting mother in laws psycho-lover of a dog while the females are up in Cleveland this weekend. This is what happens when it's apparently attention time and not bed time.

d52b639714157cf16b1effd8045b4320.jpg

I know it's still her puppy phase but just found our pup chewed up a bunch of stuff tonight.

I really need to get her some obedience training or something. Plus I really want her to stop being so nervous and relieving herself everything's someone comes over or she gets in trouble. Really wish I could spend more time in training but it's just hard when I am not home most of the day.

Have you bought the apple vinegar spray - they sell it in pets stores and we spray it on the base of furniture - they hate the taste and won't chew. We have a 10 week old pup right now and she has given me a few bitter faces!

Haha, your dog has the same face Ellie gets when Arrow does that exact same thing, and throws himself on his back for attention.

She gave up not long after and buried herself under the covers. Zeke man proudly marched over, plopped down where she was in the picture, and crashed hard.

Dogs are too funny. Smart and stupid all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back