The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love driving over something on the highway in West Virginia, puncturing not one but both of my driver side tires... Not how I wanted my 14 hour drive home from NC to start out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats kind of a surprise. Are you flying out of buffalo? I never had any issues there.
Yeah first time Ive ever had an issue when flying out of buffalo either.

I love driving over something on the highway in West Virginia, puncturing not one but both of my driver side tires... Not how I wanted my 14 hour drive home from NC to start out.

That sucks... any idea what it was?

That sucks... any idea what it was?

Not at all, nothing big because I didn't feel anything. I was fortunate I had just passed a service area as my Tire pressure lights came on. I was able to reverse it down the shoulder there. They ended up having a plug kit, so I plugged one and threw the spare on one. It was quite the wake up at 6 am.

Not at all, nothing big because I didn't feel anything. I was fortunate I had just passed a service area as my Tire pressure lights came on. I was able to reverse it down the shoulder there. They ended up having a plug kit, so I plugged one and threw the spare on one. It was quite the wake up at 6 am.

That's the worst. Did that at 4am in rural Indiana once. No thanks

That's the worst. Did that at 4am in rural Indiana once. No thanks

Ya like I said I was fortunate to get back the service area. I wouldn't have even attempted it had I not. It was in the mountains in WV, so very hilly and curvy and the Semis aren't slowing down much through there.

New Jersey is still like that too. It's so weird!
I would hate that.... Although when it's 15 below here... It may be nice not to have to get out of the car! ?

Creates jobs and saves the environment by having trained professionals pumping the gas properly instead of over filling and letting vapors escape into the atmosphere. At least that's what I think I was told one time. I've lived here so long I just accept it and don't really even know anymore.

+1 for the job creation. I've got about 22 years of training on pumping gas. I've been doing it since I was little. Very interesting. It's amazing the differences in somethings state to state.

Our dryer is started making noises last night. Not he expense I need right now

What kind of noises? There are a lot of great DIY repair videos on youtube. My heating element broke on our dryer and was shorting on the drum. Was able to find the video for breakdown/reassembly and for a $75 parts kit had it back up and running in fairly short order.

I am completely emotionally drained right now. Had a family grief counseling session last night with our son to help the kids cope with the sudden loss of their friend. Her father, the karate class instructor, came to see the kids and make sure they were doing OK. The amount of grace he showed in his grief was simply incredible. I was a mess the whole night, my wife was too. My son was OK while he was there, but he broke down in the car and was just a wreck for a good half an hour. It's just devestating to see one of your kids in such bad shape over the loss of a friend that young.

This morning was my wife's aunt's funeral, which was incredibly somber as well (FU cancer). While her passing wasn't a shock or surprise, it was still a big loss for the family. The kids were OK, both were pretty subdued though.

Now we're at home, the kids are doing homework, I'm catching up on emails and just checking all the awesome THP coverage. The threads here & tweets are about the only thing that's put a smile on my face the last 24 hours.

Rough few days Russ. Hang in there!
I am completely emotionally drained right now. Had a family grief counseling session last night with our son to help the kids cope with the sudden loss of their friend. Her father, the karate class instructor, came to see the kids and make sure they were doing OK. The amount of grace he showed in his grief was simply incredible. I was a mess the whole night, my wife was too. My son was OK while he was there, but he broke down in the car and was just a wreck for a good half an hour. It's just devestating to see one of your kids in such bad shape over the loss of a friend that young.

This morning was my wife's aunt's funeral, which was incredibly somber as well (FU cancer). While her passing wasn't a shock or surprise, it was still a big loss for the family. The kids were OK, both were pretty subdued though.

Now we're at home, the kids are doing homework, I'm catching up on emails and just checking all the awesome THP coverage. The threads here & tweets are about the only thing that's put a smile on my face the last 24 hours.

When you open the door to my office and walk in WHILE you're knocking. SMH What's the point in knocking?

One guy that makes the bathroom smell like death. It's not natural.

Are you the guy and just blaming someone else?

I admit I smell but this one is a unique smell of actual death. It's so bad.

Just wired money for closing on the new house.

Good God.

Just dropped $375 on a new drive shaft for my car. Repair shop quoted me at $1,430 to replace the drive shaft. Somehow I don't think my time is worth $1,000 but I'm surely not going to pay them that money. That's just insane. They said it would only take a couple of hours. Their pay is like $95 an hour. I know they have to mark things up to make money but dang. Here's hoping the 16 year old bolts come out fairly easily.

Managed to go to the bathroom here at work and leave my key fob in my jacket at my desk. I have been stuck in the hallway to the bathroom. Doh!

Hahaha, so you are stuck there until someone else has to go to the bathroom?

Till someone comes into the office....people start coming in at 6am here.

someone just showed up. YAY. sheesh that sucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back