2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps, idk if I can believe it's simply because they saw a guy back in the day haha maybe tho. I'm just confused but whatevs, like jspangs mentioned they are cheap so I may just take the plunge and see for myself. I have absolutely no problem reporting back and saying you were right haha.

https://manimalstrong.com/

I was thinking of giving these a try.

Also Blu, idk if you looked at that workout. How do you think it looks, anything I should add or take out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I got my workout in. Squats, press, and deadlift. Then we started out massive painting project yesterday and today. I am sore from the painting haha.

Lifts were really good. Video of my squat set was hindered by my phone falling over mid set, but depth looked good. After the painting today, it's on to bourbon curls.

They do add some rigidity to a power leak. When I front squat, they get in the way. I don't need them for back squats because I grip the bar correctly.
Yeah for back squats I feel just fine, just the fronts. I googled it just to see what was out there and there really wasn't much info on using wraps which supports your post but that's not surprising as you know your stuff. I did find some guys with tutorials on using a strap but still didnt seem popular. An option of using a few less fingers instead of all of them under the bar was an option. Guess it's just a mobility thing ill have to adjust to.

https://manimalstrong.com/

I was thinking of giving these a try.

Also Blu, idk if you looked at that workout. How do you think it looks, anything I should add or take out?

Rogue has a pair that's like $15 and had perfect ratings. For the price I don't think you could go wrong.

Well the Kegel workout wasn't going to do, so I did manage to make it to the gym to lift today. I worked chest and legs.

Started with a 1 mile run.

Did bench press 3x6 (kinda disappointed with bench I put 185 on there but was only able to put up 3 reps, and I don't like heavy weights over my head with no spotter so I moved down to 165)
Incline Dumbbell press 3x8
Dumbbell chest flys 3x8

The legs I front squats 3x8 (those put a lot of strain on my wrist I'm guessing form, blue any suggestions?)
Romain Dead lifts 3x6
Calf raises 3x8

I did planks in between each chest workouts and hanging leg raises in between each leg workout.

After that I did cable twist( rotations with the cable pulls, idk what they are called)

Then I had a little energy left while my truck was warming up so I pumped out 10 pull ups.

So I think it was a good workout

Here you go. Thanks for giving it a look.

Here you go. Thanks for giving it a look.

Not bad. I'm going to ask a critical thinking question, what are you going to do next time? How are you going to program that?

Did you write down your lifts? Reps and sets? Important notes?

Not bad. I'm going to ask a critical thinking question, what are you going to do next time? How are you going to program that?

Did you right down your lifts? Reps and sets? Important notes?
I like this question because it's something I struggled with back around May when I first started. Have a set plan / routine thats been calculated has been a huge improvement for me.

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Did you right down your lifts? Reps and sets? Important notes?

In all honesty I have the last week of crossfit this week, so I probably won't lift like that again until the following week. I used this as a heavy day.

When I'm lifting myself I try and have 3 weeks of heavy weights low reps, then take a week of low weight high reps.

And I don't keep notes. I probably should though

In all honesty I have the last week of crossfit this week, so I probably won't lift like that again until the following week. I used this as a heavy day.

When I'm lifting myself I try and have 3 weeks of heavy weights low reps, then take a week of low weight high reps.

If that was meant to be a heavy day. Then we need to work on it.

If that was meant to be a heavy day. Then we need to work on it.

Alright! I am always up to do the work, I suppose I've never set out a regime though.

Alright! I am always up to do the work, I suppose I've never set out a regime though.

"heavy day" is always the heaviest variant of whatever lift you're doing. If you want to squat, you back squat. If you pull from the floor, you deadlift. If you press, you bench press.

Heavy days are a bish. They take forever and you only do a few lifts.

"heavy day" is always the heaviest variant of whatever lift you're doing. If you want to squat, you back squat. If you pull from the floor, you deadlift. If you press, you bench press.

Heavy days are a bish. They take forever and you only do a few lifts.

Oh ok, then I never have heavy days.... I'll call them heavier days...

Oh ok, then I never have heavy days.... I'll call them heavier days...

Hehe. I know I made it sound bad, but it's part of the "strength training" game. Heavy days are when PRs are set, and that is fun

Hehe. I know I made it sound bad, but it's part of the "strength training" game. Heavy days are when PRs are set, and that is fun

I know what you were saying though, I didn't take it the wrong way. PRs are definitely good as everyone likes to see the gains! In all honesty when I started training, I didn't have strength training in mind. I have lower back problems and when I lift I tend to have less problems from that. But I thought if I could put on 15 lbs of muscle while maintaining my flexibility it would help my golf game.

Tomorrow will be my first jump back into the gym since getting clearance from pneumonia. I hope to do some chest, biceps and abs and follow it up with a 2-3 mile outdoor run. I got a new Garmin 630 and have been itching to use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good thing about being a noob? PRs weekly my dudes!! The satisfaction is real haha for now.....

Good thing about being a noob? PRs weekly my dudes!! The satisfaction is real haha for now.....
Session to session really.

Session to session really.
Yes sir pretty much. Its slowing down a little bit but 5 and 2.5lb plates are my friends! Up up and up

One week into working out, trying to keep eating right and drinking tons of water....so far so good.
Looks like I'm down 3 lbs.
Not bad for a week.

One week into working out, trying to keep eating right and drinking tons of water....so far so good.
Looks like I'm down 3 lbs.
Not bad for a week.
Keep it going dude! I need to drink more water!!

Keep it going dude! I need to drink more water!!
Thanks brother.

That's my hardest part. Drinking more water. I'll admit I really enjoy Diet Dr Pepper, and that's probably the worst for me. Only had two cans of pop last week.

Are you tracking? I was struggling until I started tracking everything. It's much easier when I have things planned out or can see in front of me how much more I'll need for the day. Helps you form a plan

No real tracking but I eat so much fruit and I'm missing out on protein to I've started to have hard cooked eggs (not boiled because I do them in the oven) and I'm going to throw in some meat during my work day. The term fueled by coffee has been used once or twice by my staff.

Incline bench has officially kicked my butt tonight.

No real tracking but I eat so much fruit and I'm missing out on protein to I've started to have hard cooked eggs (not boiled because I do them in the oven) and I'm going to throw in some meat during my work day. The term fueled by coffee has been used once or twice by my staff.

I'm a BIG fan of ETB protein shakes. ETB stands for "Eat The Bear". You can but it on Amazon. Their mix is so pure, AND it tastes good! I personally like Cookies and Cream. I'm not a fan of protein shakes mixed with just water, but THIS I can do that. HOWEVER, I typically use Vanilla Almond Milk because that does make it taste smoother.

Thanks brother.

That's my hardest part. Drinking more water. I'll admit I really enjoy Diet Dr Pepper, and that's probably the worst for me. Only had two cans of pop last week.
Yeah I'm so bad about keeping up my fluids. I think I drink a lot until I check and I only had like 1 bottle of water lol that's soooo bad especially when working out. I'm really working on changing that.

I tried the semi tracking route and it just wasn't working for me personally. I needed a very clear picture of exactly what I was eating or more specifically what I was not eating haha. Tracking through myfitnesspal has been amazing for me. I have my calorie goal and enter in everything I eat to make sure I reach that goal. There's still days I think im close and sure enough I'm not haha although I will say it's gotten much much easier the more I do it and I can see myself getting to a point where I'm adjusted and can just eyeball enough to reach my goals. Tracking isn't the most fun thing I've done haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back