When Golf Carts Start on Fire.....

That's crazy. I'm glad that the Yukon wasn't destroyed too.

If the Yukon were mine it would be destroyed. No way you will ever get the smell out of it.

Holy crap! I'm not sure if there is "Cart Insurance" so would the guy who owned it, would his home owners policy cover it or what happens?
If it is a personal golf cart, yes, they can be insured. My dad always owned one and kept it at his course. They were always insured separately. Doubt it cost much at all.

Ouch....sucks in numerous ways.

Talk about a bad day at the course!! That really unfortunate!!

I hope there wasn't an XXIO Prime Driver in the bag when it caught on fire. 441 and a bunch of other THPers will be heartbroken. And may even be pallbearers at it's funeral.

I hope there wasn't an XXIO Prime Driver in the bag when it caught on fire. 441 and a bunch of other THPers will be heartbroken. And may even be pallbearers at it's funeral.

I found out today that the cart had been smoking earlier in the day and he had just stopped at the 19th Hole/fitness building to get a cup of ice water. He went in the clubhouse for just a few minutes and when he came out the whole cart was on flames. His bag full of Titlest AP1's, TM woods(M1 Driver), and a Scotty Cameron went up in flames as well! Like a true golfer, he was more concerned about his clubs than anything else. The Yukon owner also had a great attitude as he watched his car get scorched(the inner door panel, dash, and seat melted. He'll be getting a new car shortly, LOL!

So it was a gas cart. Makes more sense now as to why it would go up in flames I guess.

I feel bad for the guy with the Yukon.
Curious to see what type of insurance coverage covers this one.

Glad no one got injured. Anything can be replaceable.

I feel bad for the guy with the Yukon.
Curious to see what type of insurance coverage covers this one.

My cart is insured on my automobile policy at a cost of only $125 per year. I'm sure that means it would be covered under comprehensive and the same deductibles would apply.

That sucks.

Holy crap.

Wow...that's one hot golf cart.

Sorry, couldn't help it. Glad everyone was ok, outside of the damages.

So it was a gas cart. Makes more sense now as to why it would go up in flames I guess.

It was electric. Obviously some type of short in the electrical system. Obviously that fiberglass body created an incredible amount of heat to melt the running boards and interior trim of the Yukon sitting next to it.

Man crazy. Glad no one got hurt. Hopefully insurance will cover the clubs as well.

I would be so angry at the cart guy if the cart was smoking earlier. Must've been painful o to watch the car melt away.

Back