Alcohol and playing Golf - How much is too much?... or none at all - your thoughts...

I can do 1 on the front and 1 on the back if I'm in the mood. I think a 6 pack is too much imo.

I used to drink and golf I choose not to anymore. 2-3 beers over 18 I'm fine much more and my game suffers a lot!

I don't drink when I play is how I start. If my game isn't going well I have a beer, if it's going really poorly and im not driving ill get a buzz going and enjoy good company of my friends if the situation is right. Typically I don't drink while golfing tho

Depends on the round....sometimes I drink, sometimes I don't.....a have a regular group that all drinks....so I will have 2-4 beers during the round, but most of the time I don't.

I think beer works on a bell curve with golf. You might get better with a few, but too much and your ability to swing a club diminishes quickly.

I typically don't drink any when by myself. I may drink when playing with others if they are drinking. And I just about always drink when playing in a scramble because I'm there to have fun.

I usually play in the morning so rarely have anything during the round, and if so only on the back 9.

I have seen some people get sloppy drunk and make asses of themselves. I have done that enough at a bar, no need to do that at the golf course. Now, if I get sucked into a scramble, then consumption may go up quite a bit.

I dont usually but there is a flask of aiming fluid (Jameson) in my bag.

Casual rounds, I don't think I'd go more than 2 beers. I tend to dehydrate quickly and alcohol just makes it worse out there in the sun, I'd rather tip back a few at the 19th hole.

Scrambles, however, are another story. Especially when sweet Madeiran wine is involved.

My swing is already inconsistent without the alcohol effect. Any booze and I'll have to bring helmets for everyone else on the course.

Very very rarely drink while playing. If I get dragged into a scramble I'll have my fair share of drinks to get through the long round.
This is exactly how i am too

Rarely drink on the course...not that I'm opposed to it. May have a beer or two, but very rarely.

When I play in the mens club or by myself, I don't drink as I want to be more competitive. When I play with my friends, who don't take golf serious, I have a few with them on the course.

I typically don't drink on the course. I will have one or two, but I tend to find it just messes me up. Maybe I'm just not drinking enough to get to the point where it helps. I know it helps when I bowl :D

I VERY rarely drink while playing golf, as I like to be at my best and focused when on the course. I don't drink much at all to begin with, never really have, so IF I drink and play golf, it's usually 2 or less. I'll be honest, I'm a lightweight and nothing ticks me off more than knowing I'm feeling it and then NOT being able to hit a shot I KNOW I can, and then know it's because I've been drinking. I'd rather make any mistakes due to me, not alcohol.

For all those that do drink on the course or in the clubhouse after - are any of you subsequently driving home? If so, the drink driving laws must be pretty relaxed where you all are to be doing that. Do that over here in the UK and you could find yourself in serious trouble

Personally I don't drink so the answer is none for me, but even if I did drink, I wouldn't be drinking on the course as I don't need alcohol to enjoy myself

I rarely drink as it is, so I usually don't drink on the course. At most I'll have one beer on the course or in the club house.

If I care about score, 2 maximum (or 1 at the most if I have a stogie).

Depends on where I am, how I feel, and things like that. Nothing wrong with it, nothing wrong with not doing it.

All depends on who I'm playing with honestly. With the hockey team usually more than I should. But any other time I keep it to a maximum of 2 per 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do often drink when playing on weekend afternoons or vacation golf but rarely more than 3 beers during a 4 hour round. Normally it's 1 or 2.

If I'm playing by myself I don't drink, if I'm not driving and with a buddy, it might be 0-10. Depends on how I'm playing.

Scrambles require 3-4 to get to the cart barn, and it just goes up from there. I don't play any worse, but I do have a LOT more fun.

Mostly exaggerated, but some days.......

I drink a little on the course. A beer or two or vodka lemonade if it's a hot day or Fireball if it's a cold day.
I don't drink every round and I think the amount is up to each individual. Get drunk and stupid, get off the course.
Enjoy responsibly, and enjoy the round.

I rarely drink on the course, don't mind at all if others do, it just doesn't work for me.

I very rarely drink on course, but if it is a scramble I will indulge. If I am not driving, and the round is super slow, I will usually drink quite a bit. No right/wrong way to do it IMO

Back