Take Me Back to Lahinch!

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
Came across this beautiful video and had to share! I had the privilege of playing Lahinch and Ballybunion as I have family who live less then 5 miles from each course.

Amazing memories.

Great video, thanks for sharing it.

I played Lahinch and Doonbeg last summer and both are awesome. Pretty sure Lahinch will host the Irish Open in 2019. Completely agree with your "take me back to Lahinch" comment! It's a special place.

By the way, our Lahinch caddie was Peter. He's ~76 and has worked there for over 50 years. He's a fun guy. I had a reasonable round going but sliced a drive on #14(?). The ocean wind really blows on this tee box and I forgot to swing easy. Anyway, Peter yells out "jeez, you really carved that one!". Nothing like having your caddie heckle you after a poor shot. He knew I enjoy good banter.

I played Lahinch and Doonbeg last summer and both are awesome. Pretty sure Lahinch will host the Irish Open in 2019. Completely agree with your "take me back to Lahinch" comment! It's a special place.

By the way, our Lahinch caddie was Peter. He's ~76 and has worked there for over 50 years. He's a fun guy. I had a reasonable round going but sliced a drive on #14(?). The ocean wind really blows on this tee box and I forgot to swing easy. Anyway, Peter yells out "jeez, you really carved that one!". Nothing like having your caddie heckle you after a poor shot. He knew I enjoy good banter.

You are correct... I'm trying to land a travel grant to head to Ireland around that time, stay with my family, and catch the Open.

Lahinch was my favorite course when I was in Ireland (Ballybunion, Waterville, Portmarnock and The Island Club)

Too funny - I'm pretty sure we had Peter too. He was on the bag of a guy in our group who touches his clubs about once every five years. On about 16 or 17 said guy finally hits one down the middle and Peter immediately reacts with an "Oh Jesus, thank you God, he finally hit a fairway!" It was one of the funniest things ever.

Too funny - I'm pretty sure we had Peter too. He was on the bag of a guy in our group who touches his clubs about once every five years. On about 16 or 17 said guy finally hits one down the middle and Peter immediately reacts with an "Oh Jesus, thank you God, he finally hit a fairway!" It was one of the funniest things ever.

Did you have the first tee time of the day? Peter often goes with the first group and he usually takes Americans. The last part isn't a nationalist thing...Peter said Americans tip more! I laughed and wondered if he was 'working' me. Peter has two or three sons and they live in the Boston area. His wife died a few years ago and he keeps working for the exercise and to be around people. Peter offered lots of funny insights on Rory. He's a memorable guy.

I was fresh out of college and broke... only played because of my family being so close and free lodging, rides, and food. No caddie for me, wish I could have taken one.

Back